Red Dead Redemption 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, lesson learned I guess.... never try to hunt a legendary without making a hard save. I stumbled across the fox last night and somehow it got away even though I shot it in the head (deadeye + repeater). The game thinks it died but there was no carcass anywhere to skin and in the compendium I only have credit for tracking and killing it, not skinning it. Which means, contrary to popular belief, that the pelt and other parts did NOT get sent to the trapper/fence for crafting. It's X'ed out on the map too so there's no chance for respawn. I lost pretty much all my progress from last night because I hadn't been saving constantly like I usually do, and the single autosave is useless as always.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
That's odd. I killed the white bison which dived into the lake next to its spawn and I couldn't skin it or anything. It all teleported properly.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So, lesson learned I guess.... never try to hunt a legendary without making a hard save. I stumbled across the fox last night and somehow it got away even though I shot it in the head (deadeye + repeater). The game thinks it died but there was no carcass anywhere to skin and in the compendium I only have credit for tracking and killing it, not skinning it. Which means, contrary to popular belief, that the pelt and other parts did NOT get sent to the trapper/fence for crafting. It's X'ed out on the map too so there's no chance for respawn. I lost pretty much all my progress from last night because I hadn't been saving constantly like I usually do, and the single autosave is useless as always.
You sure you didn't get credit? Some animals require other subcomponents to be useful (crafted into garments and trinkets).

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
You sure you didn't get credit? Some animals require other subcomponents to be useful (crafted into garments and trinkets).
Only Talismans require extra ingredients, if he got credit for the fox, the fence should be able to craft the fox trinket for the eagle eye bonus. Vorph Vorph you're looking under craft and not buy right?

Vorph

Yes, it's definitely bugged. No credit for skinning the fox, and I rode to both the fence and the trapper to see if I could craft legendary fox moccasins or the fox claw trinket. Both items are greyed out and say I have zero legendary fox ingredients, and I do have plenty of perfect elk pelts to craft the boots if I did have the fox pelt. Tried saving the game and reloading it, etc. Only solution seems to be a full rollback to before I ever found the fucker.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yes, it's definitely bugged. No credit for skinning the fox, and I rode to both the fence and the trapper to see if I could craft fox boots or the fox talisman. Both items are greyed out and say I have zero legendary fox ingredients. Tried saving the game and reloading it, etc. Only solution seems to be a full rollback to before I ever found the fucker.
That sucks man. Sorry =(

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Omg, doing the Gambler #8 challenge now. Hitting 3 times without busting is the dumbest "challenge" yet.

Edit: Finally hit 3 times and stood at 20 and the fucking dealer got 20 and pushed -.-

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Having to do the challenges in order instead of just getting credit for that shit naturally as you play the game is one of worst design decisions they made.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Finally got one, then a couple hands later...

366CAE6B-47B2-47D3-8792-60116A084725.jpeg

117B7394-565C-4C91-9E48-5D36A3C12070.jpeg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I dislike getting locked in on a Bounty. If you don't do it immediately anything you do is linked to it, so if you fail and restart anything else done is lost.

I lost a huge amount of exploring early on, because I had picked up a bounty and not done it immediately.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This didn’t take quite as long as I feared it would, but it was still tedious as fuck

89624E30-8200-40D0-B8FE-1EAFBD108927.jpeg

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You could just not be a slave to artificial accomplishments. It's not like the rewards for completing the challenges are that amazing (imo)>

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I regret my purchase, I've tried to play twice now and both time the controls have fucked me, and my last checkpoint is 30 mins earlier. Hopefully they fix the shitty controls so I can play it.

Crone

I think I figured out what it is with these games versus a game like Uncharted. In those games you start out with all your power. There's no power curve, and the game is largely about the story itself, and not character progression. Starting up RDR2, and having to go save a dude, where it's obviously there to show you the controls a bit, and introduce you to the game, I get it. They have to ease people in, but all I keep thinking is how tedious and annoying this shit is. Was the exact same in Skyrim as they have you do character creation and then you have to escape the town getting attacked by the dragon, and then go through that cave with the bear. In both games, that intro shit is just annoying AF to me, and icing on the cake is that it usually takes a while to get into the story.

I'm gonna keep pushing, because RDR2 is so hype, that it can't be all that bad, and people talking about how immersive it is just going through town and interacting with people. That sounds pretty cool, and I want to get hooked into this game.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I regret my purchase, I've tried to play twice now and both time the controls have fucked me, and my last checkpoint is 30 mins earlier. Hopefully they fix the shitty controls so I can play it.

I remember being skilled at RDR1, but this time around I seem to not be able to do anything I try to do. I put guns away when under attack, I start fist fighting then somehow a knife gets involved. I still cant remember which button blocks and which swings lol. Maybe I'm getting old.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You could just not be a slave to artificial accomplishments. It's not like the rewards for completing the challenges are that amazing (imo)>
To make matters worse, I'm gonna have to do it again, because I'm an idiot and didn't save or pause before I went afk. Came back and my horse had been hit by a train and died. Without thinking, I reloaded and discovered that the save was prior to finishing the challenge.

I've got some shows to catch up on anyway :emoji_triumph::emoji_disappointed_relieved::emoji_cry::emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob:

• 2Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I remember being skilled at RDR1, but this time around I seem to not be able to do anything I try to do. I put guns away when under attack, I start fist fighting then somehow a knife gets involved. I still cant remember which button blocks and which swings lol. Maybe I'm getting old.

It's not you, they looked at how ever game sets their buttons up for the past decade and said, fuck this!

You think with the billions of dollars they made off of GTA they could have made a control scheme that works.

Three times now I've tried to do the train robbery only to fall of the side or die and have to restart 20 mins before that point.

I tried to like it, I really did. how they shipped with these controls is beyond me.

Btw rocktards, square is relaod not circle and x is fucking jump, not crouch. maybe the next game we can control the character with two band saws.

Not only that it's not even uniform controls across the board. Tapping x is sprint on the horse but L3 on foot? Get fucked.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The controls are probably the worse part of the game, I still don’t really like them after 50+ hours. That said I got used to them and I’m glad I did because the game is so amazing.

This is one of the best story out there, and by far the best character driven story. It’s all about the characters, their relationship, and how they evolve over the course of the story. It’s dialog driven more than actual story drive, if you don’t like games with tons of dialog this might not be the right game for you.

I’m in chapter 6 close to the end I beleive, and one of the most remarkable thing is how diverse the missions are. And how many of those are just plain amazing. So many great western set pieces, it’s just crazy.

Vorph

Not only that it's not even uniform controls across the board. Tapping x is sprint on the horse but L3 on foot? Get fucked.
That's why I say standard FPS is a shit control scheme and I stuck with the default. Default doesn't have that issue with on-foot sprint being L3. It's still far from perfect but I got used to it about 30 hours ago.

Level 10 in all stats instead of level 8 is a pretty significant difference. That said, you could just pick one of the three challenge sets for each stat to complete and settle for level 9 instead of 10, since the bonus levels are awarded at 1 completed and then all 3 completed. Bandit, Explorer, and Herbalist are all really easy stuff, just a bit time-consuming (and honor-consuming in the case of Bandit). The rewards should have been set 1 = +level, set 2 = +level, set 3 = the outfit that gives boosts to a bunch of different things.

Edit: For health you might as well do all three anyway since you have to complete Master Hunter to be allowed to hunt the final legendary animal, and the other set isn't terribly difficult/tedious either.

Last edited: