Red Dead Redemption 2

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've got so much money! Can I invest in horse or gun related stocks? Were there mutual funds back then?

Do any of you party up? Seems like at least it would be one less chance of getting an afk twirly analog person.

I'm quite average. Twisty places where I can shotgun I do well, the woods I do really badly because I have really brightly colored clothing that kind of sticks out.

Brad2770

Found a moneyglitch for Online.

Go hunt for a perfect animal carcass. Preferably a perfect cougar. That’s $13.50. Have a snake or another cougar scare you off the horse so that it falls off. Pick it up and put it back on horse and it’s doubled. I haven’t tried to see if it falls again if it doubles that number. Didn’t think of it until I was typing it out.

Also found out where to farm perfect cougars. It’s near Blackwater. Each perfect cougar; all parts sold, sells for $21.75. It takes about 4 minutes to get it and return it.

E0325DEE-A9B5-4F91-85EC-89A1E45269A0.jpeg

D1483E27-C639-47F5-96B7-38532B44CFCF.jpeg

Ride in from where I am on the map. He will be where I’m pointing every time (almost). If not, just ride north of the road and ride back. Head shot with a clean bolt action is a perfect hide every time.

Edit- My favorite pistol in game.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Found a moneyglitch for Online.

Go hunt for a perfect animal carcass. Preferably a perfect cougar. That’s $13.50. Have a snake or another cougar scare you off the horse so that it falls off. Pick it up and put it back on horse and it’s doubled. I haven’t tried to see if it falls again if it doubles that number. Didn’t think of it until I was typing it out.

Also found out where to farm perfect cougars. It’s near Blackwater. Each perfect cougar; all parts sold, sells for $21.75. It takes about 4 minutes to get it and return it.

View attachment 185446
View attachment 185447

Ride in from where I am on the map. He will be where I’m pointing every time (almost). If not, just ride north of the road and ride back. Head shot with a clean bolt action is a perfect hide every time.

Edit- My favorite pistol in game.

I'm able to find the cougar reliably but my horse is apparently fucking fearless of snakes and won't buck me. Do I need to starve it or something?

Edit: They must've addressed this or it's not on PS4. When a cougar scared me off my horse it didn't drop the carcass.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Here's a "dupe" that I wasn't aware of - you can lasso and pull a 2nd [unskinned?] carcass with you to the butcher and it won't degrade the pelt. I slung a 3* deer over my horse and killed a 3* buck, lasso'd it, and drug it all the way to the butcher in valentine from the heartlands and it was still perfect condition when i got there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Here's a "dupe" that I wasn't aware of - you can lasso and pull a 2nd [unskinned?] carcass with you to the butcher and it won't degrade the pelt. I slung a 3* deer over my horse and killed a 3* buck, lasso'd it, and drug it all the way to the butcher in valentine from the heartlands and it was still perfect condition when i got there.

Is it really worth all that walking? Or were you on your horse?

Brad2770

I'm able to find the cougar reliably but my horse is apparently fucking fearless of snakes and won't buck me. Do I need to starve it or something?

Edit: They must've addressed this or it's not on PS4. When a cougar scared me off my horse it didn't drop the carcass.

I have only been able to get it to work 4 times since I posted that. Most of the time I am bucked, the carcass stays on. I guess there is a chance it is knocked off. It does come off though, just not reliably. I haven’t figure out how to make it happen consistently.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Gonna be hanging up my hat on Online for a while. Was hoping to get in on some early exploits, but there doesn't seem to be any particularly good ones. I'm sure they're holding a lot of stuff back (we've still got at least 3 more mini-bosses left for the Online story), so I'll just wait until they release that or do the full launch.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This might be the greatest thing I have ever seen:

Rockstar Warehouse
033307f56cc61be4dfd76c036f93d7037e3f2bf2.jpg
Hey, that's from the Pendleton Woolen Mill! I live close to that. Pretty cool store, but expensive. I got a $120 wool shirt from there that's the only wool clothing I've ever had that doesn't itch.

The Pendleton tag doesn't mean that it's actually their wool or manufactured by them, but I'd say it's a pretty damn safe bet that it's a quality blanket if it has that Pendleton tag on it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This might be the greatest thing I have ever seen:

Rockstar Warehouse
033307f56cc61be4dfd76c036f93d7037e3f2bf2.jpg

We've got a couple of pendleton wool blankets - very high quality, very handsome stuff. I know that they occasionally license stuff (I've seen Star Wars blankets for example) but most are pretty ugly. This one is nice though - the two I've got are sort of native american looking and we get compliments all the time.

It's expensive, but the blankets will last a long time if taken care of

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I still don’t understand what they think people want to do online, what they want people to want to do in order to get them to spend rl money on this game, and why, if they have a long term plan, have they released the online game as a contentless empty shell?

Makes no god damned sense to me.

Gta v online had a novelty that rdr online does not, I cannot see people sticking around or coming back unless rdr online receives a MASSIVE content upgrade and gives people things to work for other than vanity items. As it stands there is no rdr online, just standard pvp games in a rdr skin with none of what makes rdr what it is.

I could go on and on and on, but I won’t. It just makes no sense to me.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I still don’t understand what they think people want to do online, what they want people to want to do in order to get them to spend rl money on this game, and why, if they have a long term plan, have they released the online game as a contentless empty shell?

Makes no god damned sense to me.

Gta v online had a novelty that rdr online does not, I cannot see people sticking around or coming back unless rdr online receives a MASSIVE content upgrade and gives people things to work for other than vanity items. As it stands there is no rdr online, just standard pvp games in a rdr skin with none of what makes rdr what it is.

I could go on and on and on, but I won’t. It just makes no sense to me.
Once they add a wright flyer to online, I'll come check it out. Until then, meh. I couldn't be bothered to finish chapter 2 in sp.
wright-flyers-4.jpg

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Once they add a wright flyer to online, I'll come check it out. Until then, meh. I couldn't be bothered to finish chapter 2 in sp.
wright-flyers-4.jpg

Well there are at least two failed attempts at flying in rdr 2. One near the Devil’s cave and one in, I think, New Austin.

I have the exact opposite problem as you, and that is why online frustrates me so. I have been through the entire game twice and 100%ed the second time. I love this game, loved the first but didn’t touch online there because I figured it would just be arcade mode bullshit.

I want something from online that I doubt it even can be, not shitty arcade mode bullshit. The combat in this game isn’t that good that I want to pvp endlessly.

It’s a me problem.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well there are at least two failed attempts at flying in rdr 2. One near the Devil’s cave and one in, I think, New Austin.

I have the exact opposite problem as you, and that is why online frustrates me so. I have been through the entire game twice and 100%ed the second time. I love this game, loved the first but didn’t touch online there because I figured it would just be arcade mode bullshit.

I want something from online that I doubt it even can be, not shitty arcade mode bullshit. The combat in this game isn’t that good that I want to pvp endlessly.

It’s a me problem.
I think they're implementing a mode where you can't be slain by other players, but I've only seen it mentioned in the RDR reddit - "Passive" mode.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I watched my favorite streamer's let's play series of this to get the story.

I absolutely loved the story. I loved how each chapter was like a TV season and was almost self contained. Arthur was a great character as he somehow managed to be funny, badass, and relatable all at the same time. I think I'm the only person that actually felt for Dutch. Yeah he fucked over everyone in the end, but I think it was due to him chasing this dream of a big score at the expense of everyone else around him. Micah saw that and exploited it. Dude was a motherfucker, but holy fuck he was a very well written character. And I could go on and on about all of them: Hosea, Lenny, Mrs Cremshaw, hell even ones like Sean, Bill, and Pearson (the cook in case I fucked that one up) were great. Basically this is the first game story where every single character was well written and fleshed out. Only thing I did not like about it was the anti climatic ending, but that seems to be the norm in video games these days (still salty over GoW's abrupt ending). I know there is a long ass multipart Epilogue I'm still slogging through, but that almost could have been it's own standalone DLC. Arhur's story just didn't have a satisfying end to it and it's a bummer. If it does through the Epilogues. I have not finished those yet, so I will stand corrected, if that is the case.

• 1Solidarity

Brad2770

So I watched my favorite streamer's let's play series of this to get the story.

I absolutely loved the story. I loved how each chapter was like a TV season and was almost self contained. Arthur was a great character as he somehow managed to be funny, badass, and relatable all at the same time. I think I'm the only person that actually felt for Dutch. Yeah he fucked over everyone in the end, but I think it was due to him chasing this dream of a big score at the expense of everyone else around him. Micah saw that and exploited it. Dude was a motherfucker, but holy fuck he was a very well written character. And I could go on and on about all of them: Hosea, Lenny, Mrs Cremshaw, hell even ones like Sean, Bill, and Pearson (the cook in case I fucked that one up) were great. Basically this is the first game story where every single character was well written and fleshed out. Only thing I did not like about it was the anti climatic ending, but that seems to be the norm in video games these days (still salty over GoW's abrupt ending). I know there is a long ass multipart Epilogue I'm still slogging through, but that almost could have been it's own standalone DLC. Arhur's story just didn't have a satisfying end to it and it's a bummer. If it does through the Epilogues. I have not finished those yet, so I will stand corrected, if that is the case.

The ending you’re looking for happens in Red Dead Redemption [1]

• 2Truth!