Red Dead Redemption 2

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You got the wrong cowboy motherfucker.

I think I made a suggestion that smoke signals and specialty wagons would have been cooler than riding back and forth with a single carcass but whatever. If all you got from that is me complaining about horsies than you truly are a stupid asshole (but that was never in doubt). I've openly acknowledged it's a good-great game and almost all of my complaints have been about the mechanics and the repetitive nature and the holes in the narrative. But you think I'm mad about horsies.

I'm sorry I criticized your girlfriend.

Then what the fuck do you care? Are you saying a critique that somebody else had then is a valid complaint when it's horse travel in a Western? What a joke.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Today was much less fun, as we were waiting for someone on missions and were just hunting and such. We wallowed about in the filth with all the xXxEdgyNamexXx unwashed masses and remembered once again the abysmal reach of humanities dregs.

I believe if exploitable grief-laden systems are designed, the price should be paid in cs costs. For all I know reports are sent straight to /dev/null, but just maybe a real human has to look, and so in some small way, maybe I can pass on the costs of lessons learned in the noughties.

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ok so temp posse is capped at 4 and permanent is capped at 7

Story missions are capped at 4....what about side work jobs and such?what can I do with my full posse?

Can you rub banks without a story mission? And trains? I’m part of a group of 5 and want to figure what out we can do.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Ok so temp posse is capped at 4 and permanent is capped at 7

Story missions are capped at 4....what about side work jobs and such?what can I do with my full posse?

Can you rub banks without a story mission? And trains? I’m part of a group of 5 and want to figure what out we can do.

Holy shit, it’s the beta. We are lucky...

PRIVLEGED even to be able to play at all.

Go do team pvp or free for all pvp...

Because outside of that there ain’t much else going on.

Go start a war in Saint Denis, nothing bad will happen so long as you don’t kill any alligators.

Also, are the story mission level locked or so you have to “discover” them by going somewhere near the mission giver?

I had one in Van Horn that I swear didn’t show until I was in Leymone

Edit #7: Online fucking blows

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally got around to playing online a little, it's not for me.

The bottom line is this, RDR2 has one of the best narrative in a video game ever, best dialog etc., with what I consider for the most part to be average gameplay. Online is basically RDR2 without the narrative, so all that is left is average gameplay without the narrative to elevate it to greatness.

Still even if online isn't my thing, the story experience remains one of the best ever, and at the end of the day still one great experience...totally satisfied with my purchase.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
There is no ‘game’ online, it’s just activities in a an open pvp world.

I need more game, more things to do with other players other kill them or not kill them and right now that is all rdr online offers.

I tried a couple of their group based pvp and they were free for all, I fucking hate free for all pvp.

If this beta is indicative of their overall intention with rdr online then count me out. It’s boring, senseless, and unless you enjoy mindlessly killing other players to UNLOCK generic_clothing_item#2098b6 then Online isn’t for you.

It sure as fuck as isn’t for me. Played a little this morning and I’m done, only got to rank 13 and after getting shot by some random asshole as I rode through the world collecting pelts and feathers I just sighed and gave up.

I don’t get it, there is no reward for killing other players and no consequence, there is no point period.

I also don’t understand the point of locking statless appearance items behind rank unlocks.

I don’t understand the ‘point’ in online at all, then again it obviously isn’t being made for me and I like more game in my game or player experiences in my online beyond just killing or not killing one another.

Like I said, forty or fifty times, this just isn’t for me. I keep going on about it because I wish it was for me, but alas here we are...

None of it makes sense to me, none of it. Enjoy killing each other or being killed by randoms while you experience their open and living world with all kinds of interesting characters and surprises awaiting you behind every corner or whatever the fuck they are trying to sell this as.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There is no ‘game’ online, it’s just activities in a an open pvp world.

I need more game, more things to do with other players other kill them or not kill them and right now that is all rdr online offers.

I tried a couple of their group based pvp and they were free for all, I fucking hate free for all pvp.

If this beta is indicative of their overall intention with rdr online then count me out. It’s boring, senseless, and unless you enjoy mindlessly killing other players to UNLOCK generic_clothing_item#2098b6 then Online isn’t for you.

It sure as fuck as isn’t for me. Played a little this morning and I’m done, only got to rank 13 and after getting shot by some random asshole as I rode through the world collecting pelts and feathers I just sighed and gave up.

I don’t get it, there is no reward for killing other players and no consequence, there is no point period.

I also don’t understand the point of locking statless appearance items behind rank unlocks.

I don’t understand the ‘point’ in online at all, then again it obviously isn’t being made for me and I like more game in my game or player experiences in my online beyond just killing or not killing one another.

Like I said, forty or fifty times, this just isn’t for me. I keep going on about it because I wish it was for me, but alas here we are...

None of it makes sense to me, none of it. Enjoy killing each other or being killed by randoms while you experience their open and living world with all kinds of interesting characters and surprises awaiting you behind every corner or whatever the fuck they are trying to sell this as.
Likely more content will be added as it has for GTA Online. GTA Online didn't have much at the beginning either, but it did have a couple group quests (heists), racing, other shit. Added a bunch of heists, minigames, races, etc, but there wasn't ever really much of a point other than gaining money to get unlocks. But in GTA once you got your Kuruma and body armor you didn't really need much in the way up functional upgrades. Was eventually pretty redundant.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Take two stock is getting clobbered today down almost 7% on a day the market is up bigly. Trying to find news as to why and coming up short. Seems like a strong reaction if it's simply in response to the online mode. The market expects huge micro transaction money on this because of the bar on shop sales in GTA V being set so high.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
These prices are ridiculous

1CE7EAAA-2E5C-44AA-8901-40F5BA12CC06.jpeg

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I like hunting. And I want to eventually try fishing when I gain enough levels so that it is safe to use a fishing pole. Inexperienced people should never be trusted with fishing poles. They could accidentally stab someone in the eye or something. That must be why they are locked till level 14 or whatever it is.

I also want to buy a bow. For what is essentially a stick with a string, 114 dollars in today's money would probably let you buy one made of gold. My only reference for those days was Al's ladies from Deadwood (5, or 7 dollars).

I ended up in a cold area and wasted alot of money trying to buy warm clothes. Nobody understands what the clothes do and if you goog about you'll find mass confusion. It's like quantum mechanics. Are you many-articles or the copenhagen-heavy-coat interpretation?

• 1Worf

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Meh online. I don't really care. My experience with online modes in these games usually ends with me taking a bullet/arrow/axe/laser to the face from some pimplefaced twelve year old.

Played some more, robbed a train (mission), found blood on the side of the road and at first thought nothing of it, but then went to investigate and got something interesting.

I keep running into odd people, and I've looked at a "chance encounters" list online but some just seem to be non-important and left out.
One guy was standing at a river and going off about how emily-rose or whatever her name was is going to regret choosing the other guy or something. When approached, he preferred to be kept alone. I waited, listened to his talking, and then nothing happened.

The other guy was camping on the riverside and told me about the chelonians, and eventually said he has stuff to do and well uh bye.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Trying to 100% the game, doing the Van Horn to Blackwater run... third try...
  • first try I screwed up and hit a tree because I looked at my mini map
  • second try some whole ass decided he needed to change which side of the road his horse was on as I galloped and I rode right into him
  • Third try... the Beechers Hope cougar is back...

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Trying to 100% the game, doing the Van Horn to Blackwater run... third try...
  • first try I screwed up and hit a tree because I looked at my mini map
  • second try some whole ass decided he needed to change which side of the road his horse was on as I galloped and I rode right into him
  • Third try... the Beechers Hope cougar is back...

Have you tried staying in cinematic so the AI navigates for you? You can still control speed. I haven't done this run yet as I still have part of story to do. The other runs seemed rather easy. You using arabian?