Red Dead Redemption 2

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ending you’re looking for happens in Red Dead Redemption [1]

Right but that's Marston right? Does Arthur get mentioned at all in there? Or Micah? Or Dutch? That's what I was complaining about was how they wrapped up Arthur's story. And if that's the case I may have to get RDR 1 ... somehow not sure as I'm not an Xbox guy and I don't think it's out on PS4 or is it? Or shit, I may just watch a let's play of it too I guess. But I hear the gameplay in that one is better but that's entirely subjective though just like this one.

Brad2770

Right but that's Marston right? Does Arthur get mentioned at all in there? Or Micah? Or Dutch? That's what I was complaining about was how they wrapped up Arthur's story. And if that's the case I may have to get RDR 1 ... somehow not sure as I'm not an Xbox guy and I don't think it's out on PS4 or is it? Or shit, I may just watch a let's play of it too I guess. But I hear the gameplay in that one is better but that's entirely subjective though just like this one.

RDR1 has Marston chase down Williamson, Escuella and Dutch. Uncle’s fate as well, but not like you think.

RDR2; you need to finish the epilogue to get other answers you are looking for. Things do get wrapped up nicely. And since you like Dutch............

Edit:

If you’re too impatient:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
RDR1 has Marston chase down Williamson, Escuella and Dutch.

RDR2; you need to finish the epilogue to get other answers you are looking for. Things do get wrapped up nicely. And since you like Dutch............

As a character? Not really. I just don't think he's evil. His ambitions and wild fantasies were more important to him than his loved ones. Gad, I don't think Cowboy did an RDR let's play, and I have to be honest, I really just don't think Rockstar games are for me but I really would like to see RDR play out now.

• 1Like

Brad2770

One thing I have thought about before, but I know won’t happen-

DLC idea for RDR2:
DLC starts off with the gang still together. Have a couple of missions to set up for the Blackwater Massacre. Then the heist takes place and ends with Dutch shooting that girl in the face (Since John saw it happen per the Stranger). John then wakes up as if he was dreaming/reliving it. Somehow throw in a small confrontation with Agent Ross (before he kidnaps Jack and Abigail). The end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
One thing I have thought about before, but I know won’t happen-

DLC idea for RDR2:
DLC starts off with the gang still together. Have a couple of missions to set up for the Blackwater Massacre. Then the heist takes place and ends with Dutch shooting that girl in the face (Since John saw it happen per the Stranger). John then wakes up as if he was dreaming/reliving it. Somehow throw in a small confrontation with Agent Ross (before he kidnaps Jack and Abigail). The end.
Story driven dlc instead of profit driven in a rockstar game? Good luck

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The only dlc for single player rockstar should be working on is a modified remake of Red Dead Redemption, modified to include some of the characters from the second but not necessarily to change anything else. Just use a coup,e of the characters to extend into the territories of the second game.

Add to the first but don’t change it.

That’s what I would do.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
RDR1 has Marston chase down Williamson, Escuella and Dutch. Uncle’s fate as well, but not like you think.

Edit:

If you’re too impatient:

Reply to your edit... I'll wait and see if Cowboy (my streamer) does the rest tonight on twitch. But yes that's totally what I wanted. And I totally wanted Arthur and Sadie to angry horse voice bang.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The only dlc for single player rockstar should be working on is a modified remake of Red Dead Redemption, modified to include some of the characters from the second but not necessarily to change anything else. Just use a coup,e of the characters to extend into the territories of the second game.

Add to the first but don’t change it.

That’s what I would do.
I wouldn't hold my breath on any remake of RDR. Allegedly it was a miracle that it even compiled and ran on anything. A remake would require essentially making a new game.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
There are apparently leaked dialogue things from RDR Online that suggest its possible RDR 1 is being remastered inside RDR 2 and may come out as a DLC. RDR Online has all the maps of RDR 1 already so its not a crazy idea.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Found a play through that was strictly the story no gameplay and finished it. Yeah, ending was amazing, and I don't have to do the first one. I can just leave it at where it ended and call it a day. So good. I'll watch that where are they now video later.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
There are at least distance models for a good chunk of Mexico, I wouldn't be surprised if it’s all there for the most part.

There was no real need to include new Austin and the rest at all, my gut tells me they will do rdr 1 remake as a major dlc expansion to both single player and online... provided online doesn’t tank as interesting is waning fast.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They’re giving 15 gold to people who log in to Online between now and Thursday Dec 20.

Supposedly microtransactions are live as well, but I don’t see them in the in-game menus. One time offer of $5 for 15 gold, but I don’t see anything compelling enough for me to spend money on. I’ve been playing off and on for a few weeks because I’m close to getting platinum and need 5 horses and rank 50 to get it.

Brad2770

I bought the deal, but saving the gold. Only thing I have spent gold on was 1 gold for a black duster and 5 gold for horse insurance. Just going to bank it for rare items or god mode guns.

Brad2770

The cougar spawn, south of Blackwater, was patched. There is another cougar spawn, north of the O in Cholla on the map, but it’s not plain view, so getting 3 star kills isn’t as easy. I also found another spawn west of Blackwater. There are 2 paths that head into the river north of Blackwater. The first one you get to, the cougar spawns just south of the river, east of the road, but I can’t get it to spawn consecutively.

Ran across 2 bears fighting. This game still amazes me after almost 2 months. Got a poor and good pelt.

They really need to up the price on the large perfect pelts. They are hard to get and are worth less than most good or perfect carcasses.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I don’t know if anyone else didn’t know this, or I was just retarded, but you can reset some of the award challenges in Online. I am on my second run of selling animal parts, collecting animal parts, and a couple others.

It’s a good way to increase the experience reward over time for hunting and some others activities.

• 1Like

woot!

Trakanon Raider
If microtransactions went live, does that mean that what we have now is pretty much the final version ? I hope not because it seriously lacks content, and the feeling that you have to buy gold if you want to get anything (or grind for hours on a limited range of activities) is strong. Compared to GTA Online, they went way too far with pay to win (imho)