Red99

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yah if you are trying to get a mage epic, Empire or bust.

Rogue/shaman/cleric possible in Az... maybe Warrior if they snipe Sev on a repop (they got beat up last time)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Probably end up in Holo regardless since I'm playing more for the PVE than PVP. No point in EQ without pixel gains!

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Probably end up in Holo regardless since I'm playing more for the PVE than PVP. No point in EQ without pixel gains!
Originally, I actually wanted to join Az because I liked the idea of a smaller, pvp-oriented guild over zerg. Sitting in Azrael's teamspeak for an hour cured me of that pretty thoroughly.

ismaris

Oh yeah, and I just realized that I am in New York for a trip the first week of Velious. FML.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Look for me on a little later in the late afternoon early evening today, I have a ton of words on my enchant for the 20s and low 30s spells my chanters name is Laven, currently parked in gfay. Also if anyone is range with my chanter ill group up later, he just dinged 36. Decided to come back to r99 after giving that 2002 server a fair shot, population didnt seem to rise at all and the constant client crashes was enough for me to say nope.
Added you on my necro and cleric (Ailment/Renew) let me know if you have any words, i need a bunch that i can hopefully just get Lachius to do in one go so i dont have to bug em often lol

ismaris

Vitality said fuck the world and rerolled wiz
rrr_img_95048.jpg

ismaris

I'm having a crisis of faith. Not really digging what the game has become at 55+ for various reasons. Irrational decisions incoming.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm having a crisis of faith. Not really digging what the game has become at 55+ for various reasons. Irrational decisions incoming.
Elaborate?

I have to be honest, I hate the Holo raids. It's probably the most clusterfuck zerg noobie shit I have ever experienced in all EQ Live / Emu gaming. Fucking amateur hour at its best. They dominate by sheer zerg numbers and it's just tedious listening to Teamspeak. It has really put me off of the end-game of Red.

I want to enjoy it because I like the occasional PVP. But the pixel end-game is fucking atrocious. (Blue isn't any better for completely different reasons)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
time for a rerolled guild? core group of level headed, skilled players could probably usurp Holo pretty easily. Azrael could do it if they were sane enough...

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unfortunately, the way EQ is so unbalanced as fuck in PVP, it mostly is just a numbers game. From what I have seen, Holo just throws a stupid number of bodies at a raid mob to kill it in 0.2 seconds while another mass zerg fends off the "competition". The recruitment process is basically "Hi, can I have pixels?" Boom.. invite on the way.

As long as people gravitate towards the herd, I just do not see it changing the raid dynamic anytime soon. No matter how skilled / organized a small group can be, it is just going to come down to the numbers.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Unfortunately, the way EQ is so unbalanced as fuck in PVP, it mostly is just a numbers game. From what I have seen, Holo just throws a stupid number of bodies at a raid mob to kill it in 0.2 seconds while another mass zerg fends off the "competition". The recruitment process is basically "Hi, can I have pixels?" Boom.. invite on the way.

As long as people gravitate towards the herd, I just do not see it changing the raid dynamic anytime soon. No matter how skilled / organized a small group can be, it is just going to come down to the numbers.
And the problem with that is you have to be guilded with a ton of asshole griefers/idiots and your likelihood of getting pixels goes down the more people there are. Meh.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
^ You can power level the shit out of people with those btw, free heal

time for a rerolled guild?core group of level headed, skilled players could probably usurp Holo pretty easily.Azrael could do it if they were sane enough...
We had 82 people for VS today, good luck

Brikker

Trump's Staff
^ You can power level the shit out of people with those btw, free heal

We had 82 people for VS today, good luck
The zerg really is unstoppable in this game. The more it grows, the more want to join it because there is nothing that can compete with it.

How do all those people stay interested when they probably aren't going to get loot very often, maybe never?