Red99

I wonder if Daybreak has any issues with P99 releasing new servers because a recycle rotation blue server would have possibly thousands at peak for the first few months. Providing a superior free product is not in Daybreak's interests as they try to sell the sad state of the current game. I'll keep saying it, Daybreak is stupid for not licensing the P99 code for live servers. Put these guys on the payroll and everybody makes money. Makes it easier to keep letting P99 provide a free version. Some people only want to patch to live.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Daybreak is stupid for not licensing the P99 code

Eqemu is open source, they don't need to license anything.

Everything rogaine/nilbog/haynar changed, can be changed just as easy with 20+ developers on payroll.

If it was that easy, they would already have P99 style classic servers in production. Rather than give P99 its blessing to steal their customers, they'd be cashing in. If it was that easy somebody would have created an emu that could legitimately compete with P99. None of these things have happened.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Maybe with item loot, dark night times, working bolts and a fresh box. Otherwise, nah.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Whats the scoop on Sirken?

And they'd have to remove play-nice policy, bring back xp loss on death, and take xp rate back to what it was day 1.

Oh and MOST of ALL: limit each real life player to one account that is attached to his IRL info. No account sharing , trading, selling , etc. And you act the fool on the official p99 forums or in game: your one account gets penalty and you sit on the sidelines with your thumb up your ass until you do your time.

And no global chat either.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Whats the scoop on Sirken?

And they'd have to remove play-nice policy, bring back xp loss on death, and take xp rate back to what it was day 1.

Oh and MOST of ALL: limit each real life player to one account that is attached to his IRL info. No account sharing , trading, selling , etc. And you act the fool on the official p99 forums or in game: your one account gets penalty and you sit on the sidelines with your thumb up your ass until you do your time.

And no global chat either.

More here: Sirken thread

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Those monster missions are perfect for a battleground arena where you can pick classes and have everyone be on even level

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
was banned here in 2017 (or whenever the first 4 months of velious or so launched on red99) for trying to use a custom version of myseq... lasted a long time but think thats just cause they ban in waves.

dont really care what people think about myseq on a pvp server. being a lvl 57 druid in a scarab shell bp killing people in raid gear cause you know their position. yea i had an unfair advantage but it still made me feel good... played on basically every emu and most TLPs and red99 is still the most fun ive ever had in eq.

anyways, rolled up again. same class - im sure i'll get whats coming to me now that i dont have myseq saving my ass

• 2Cringe
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
was banned here in 2017 (or whenever the first 4 months of velious or so launched on red99) for trying to use a custom version of myseq... lasted a long time but think thats just cause they ban in waves.

dont really care what people think about myseq on a pvp server. being a lvl 57 druid in a scarab shell bp killing people in raid gear cause you know their position. yea i had an unfair advantage but it still made me feel good... played on basically every emu and most TLPs and red99 is still the most fun ive ever had in eq.

anyways, rolled up again. same class - im sure i'll get whats coming to me now that i dont have myseq saving my ass

Just run the linux version over a hub like the real sweaties. Can only detect that if you fall for GM traps of make it super obvious when you hunt people down.

ShowEQ_Users_Are_Lame.NPC

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
can't, p99 encrypts the packets... would have to decompile their .dll to understand what they're doing, and then apply that to showeq... some have claimed to but none of that info is public

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Red99 is the best because they actually have rules they enforce.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user