Red99

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My understanding of Red99 from my bittervet friends is that the reigning uber-guild (Nihilum) started to lose raid targets to Azrael. Nihilum tried to contest it but sucked at any type of organized pvp, and decided to take a break / quit until Velious.

Not sure how much is spin to make Azrael look like pvp victors; Nihilum never really gave a shit about pvp in the first place, and had been doing that content for way too damn long... I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did raiding.

Anyone here have a different perspective? I'll never play R99 again but the drama is interesting.
Once the Velious Beta server was opened people saw it the appropriate time to take a break before Velious release. Nihilum lost over 2/3 of its veteran members over night including its guild leader. Azrael has been beating up on Nihilums D team while every old Azrael who had been beat down for years came back.

People are starting to come back with the exp change and with Velious getting closer. Last Saturday there were 2 battles both were about 36 to 39. Results were 114 Azrael deaths with 37 Nihilum deaths. Nihilum wont be going back into full raiding mode until Velious though.

Red is really fun right now though, its worth playing.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You could give me the best geared toon on the server and I wouldn't play that server cause of the shit admins

leaf

Decline Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nihilum D team? Care to elaborate which of your guildmates are on this D team? Talking shit about your own guild, the ones who didnt run away to Diablo when Azrael started fighting us on even terms. Also hilarious considering how inept you are at PVP, buy nizz another PC you fucking joke .

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nihilum D team? Care to elaborate which of your guildmates are on this D team? Talking shit about your own guild, the ones who didnt run away to Diablo when Azrael started fighting us on even terms. Also hilarious considering how inept you are at PVP, buy nizz another PC you fucking joke .
D team meaning there were far more newer under leveled and under geared players then there were older players. Still some good pvpers active during this time but not enough of them. Nihilum was facing 40 Azrael to 25 Nihilum and most were new. Now Nihilum has some of its players back. For example Friday/Sat/Sunday there were 5 pvp battles.

These numbers are accurate within +-3 for each fight.

KC/DL/BW (No mob just pvp) 25 Azrael vs 25 Niihlum
22 Azrael Deaths
6 Nihilum Deaths

FOB (No mob just pvp) 48 Azrael vs 48 Niihlum
40 Azrael Deaths
16 Nihilum Deaths

KC (VS Nihilum got) 50 Azrael vs 49 Niihlum
45 Azrael Deaths
11 Nihilum Deaths

POF (CT Nihilum got) 38 Azrael vs 42 Niihlum
27 Azrael Deaths
11 Nihilum Deaths

VP (Xygoz Nihilum got, Druusk Nihilum got, PD Azrael got) Numbers varied throughout the day.
14 Azrael Deaths
10 Nihilum Deaths

Total for the weekend
148 Azrael Deaths
54 Nihilum Deaths

Nilbog has always had the stance that he is doing this for the soul reason to create classic EQ, and he doesn't care if 5 people or 5000 people play it, he is just in it to just create. Which is great, and Nilbog has always been a great guy. He just distances himself from the playerbase in general. However GM's take the same stance, the stance of "we are letting you play here", to a retarded degree.

Nilbog: "I'm glad if people want to play on my server, but if people don't like what I create they don't have to be here."

Sirken (Or insert random GM): "WE DO THIS SHIT FOR YOU, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE HERE! I VOLUNTEER MY TIME (even tho I chose to do so) SO YOU BETTER BOW DOWN TO ME. I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!"
Thats sums it up pretty much, if only we could clone Nilbog to hold all positions on the staff

Derubael was allrite i guess, he unbanned me

Its just... be prepared for bad decisions to be taken once in a while and staff being entrenched in thinking they are right, and for a long struggle on the forums to try to get them to do the right thing.

I kinda deserved my ban as i straight out Fuck you'd the staff, but what they did with the xp nerf destroyed my guild at the time, red dawn, which was 3rd big guild on server with Azrael and Nihilum. People just stopped logging in. I was really pissed off as it wasnt the first time they implemented ill-thought changes that crippled the population.

They came through in the end with the group xp bonus, but it took like a month and half of us not knowing if they would ever act on "its coming soon"

Anyhow the status of red right now is quite pleasing with alot of new faces, xp bonus that makes grouping happen, if staff dont fuck up anything else and let the boat sail after velious launch, we might have a nice if flawed server to play classic EQ pvp on

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Thats sums it up pretty much, if only we could clone Nilbog to hold all positions on the staff

Derubael was allrite i guess, he unbanned me

Its just... be prepared for bad decisions to be taken once in a while and staff being entrenched in thinking they are right, and for a long struggle on the forums to try to get them to do the right thing.

I kinda deserved my ban as i straight out Fuck you'd the staff, but what they did with the xp nerf destroyed my guild at the time, red dawn, which was 3rd big guild on server with Azrael and Nihilum. People just stopped logging in. I was really pissed off as it wasnt the first time they implemented ill-thought changes that crippled the population.

They came through in the end with the group xp bonus, but it took like a month and half of us not knowing if they would ever act on "its coming soon"

Anyhow the status of red right now is quite pleasing with alot of new faces, xp bonus that makes grouping happen, if staff dont fuck up anything else and let the boat sail after velious launch, we might have a nice if flawed server to play classic EQ pvp on
You're like a battered wife.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how does the experience bonus on Red work now? I heard +40% per person in a group. Is this the only bonus on Red, or is it on top of a double exp bonus (compared to blue)? Also, is the 40% exp bonus significant enough to make it worth grouping with someone, even if that other person just sits there?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone heard anything further about teams PvP? Thought it had a decent following. I know I would be interested if they rolled it classic.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Anyone heard anything further about teams PvP? Thought it had a decent following. I know I would be interested if they rolled it classic.
They nixed the idea and Image/Devnoob picked it up.

Was decent at first but ended up terribly implemented and no fun. Their server, Rolfon Zek is race based teams + they added a lot of stupid shit like no corpse drop from PvP death; pseudo-discord team (perma-death) that can buff, heal, group, or fight any other team; made training bannable offense, etc. Started with around 100 online most of the day, down to about 5-30 only during primetime now 3 months later.

Was decent at first but ended up terribly implemented and no fun. Their server, Rolfon Zek is race based teams + they added a lot of stupid shit like no corpse drop from PvP death; pseudo-discord team (perma-death) that can buff, heal, group, or fight any other team; made training bannable offense, etc. Started with around 100 online most of the day, down to about 5-30 only during primetime now 3 months later.
the team setup and ruleset looked awful. i didnt think someone could butcher an everquest teams server so bad until that server came up. still cant figure out what they were smoking.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Devnoobs good technical wise, but everything he touches beyond that turns to shit.

leaf

Decline Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Guildleader of Nihilum banned for RMT
Server population minus 8 level 60s haha

News you can trust:

rrr_img_68196.jpg

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone still play this box? Leveling up and it seems pretty solid atm (from a lowbie perspective).

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Anyone still play this box? Leveling up and it seems pretty solid atm (from a lowbie perspective).
My friend and I started up over the weekend. Made a Chanter/Cleric combo, currently at lvl14 and having a good time so far. We wont see a whole lot of playing time this week. But starting friday im on vacation from work for 5 weeks and we plan to pound those levels away quickly during that time.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
My friend and I started up over the weekend. Made a Chanter/Cleric combo, currently at lvl14 and having a good time so far. We wont see a whole lot of playing time this week. But starting friday im on vacation from work for 5 weeks and we plan to pound those levels away quickly during that time.
Playing a chanter/druid combo with a friend. We are only level 30. Over the last couple days we stopped grouping to try and grab some items. Just finished the sol ro chanter mask quest. Starting to get difficult to level in cloth and no decent gear. They did something right with the group exp bonus. There are tons of groups looking for people and the leveling pace seems perfect.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Really nice server, too bad the raiding scene is so excessively toxic.

They seem really shy about permabanning people, even those that are an obvious detriment to the community.