Redfall (Vampires, Open World Co-Op Shooter)

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
First thing I see is a giant fuckin afro:

Im Out GIF

• 4Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider

Arkane makes my favorite games. Single-player, first-person, immersive sims with exploration and heavy environmental storytelling are what I want to play until I die. Was absolutely heartbroken about this being a co-op looter shooter or another Left 4 Dead (loved those games, but plenty of non-Arkane studios can make them), but apparently over the last 3 months they hired a marketing department and this game is going to be fantastic.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

Arkane makes my favorite games. Single-player, first-person, immersive sims with exploration and heavy environmental storytelling are what I want to play until I die. Was absolutely heartbroken about this being a co-op looter shooter or another Left 4 Dead (loved those games, but plenty of non-Arkane studios can make them), but apparently over the last 3 months they hired a marketing department and this game is going to be fantastic.
Harvey’s lookin pretty rough these days. Do you think it’s the SJW aging him like Palpatine?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is shaping up to be a disaster. I was really hoping the worst news about the game would be that consoles only get a 30 fps quality mode and performance mode is probably weeks/months away. All the previews from earlier this year made the gameplay look like dogshit too though, unfortunately.

And now it's release day ... ACG dropped his 'review in progress' a few minutes ago, I guess because he didn't realize that the embargo was actually for 11PM not AM. Which, by the way, is three hours after the game launches. I didn't get to watch it before he took it down, but the title was "one of the worst games of 2023 so far". Bethesda is known for not giving review copies out until a couple days before release, making a full review just about impossible, and for very late embargoes, but going past the actual release is a new low for them.

Still going to try it because it's on Game Pass and I already have it preloaded for both pc and XSX but my expectations are less than zero at this point. Can't see bothering with the console version at all though, unless the PC performance is even more of a shitshow than Jedi Survivor; 30 fps in a challenging shooter is a hard fucking pass. Only reason I preloaded on XSX was because I thought the NZ trick would work but the 8PM EDT release is a global launch.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Saw the writing on the wall. Just wait to see what happens when starfield launches. :(

spronk

FPS noob

gonna be funny to see the folks who gave it high scores roasted

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
Folks thought a game with a chick with a goofy ass afro could be good?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great first impression -- preloaded and day-one-patched game goes ahead and downloads 94.4GB again as soon as I launched it.

1682993076981.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It has maybe the worst tutorial in a games in recent memory. I can see a hint of an interesting concept, but it's as if they drew up a design doc and then hired our a Left4Dead modder to do a total conversion.

• 1Like

nu_11

Sucks. I was hoping to play this coop with my nephews who live halfway across the country. Maybe well give it a try in a couple of months.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Was really looking forward to this, didn't even make it 5 minutes.

Playing on series X and there's like 0.5-1.0 second lag time between hitting a directional button and the game registering it.