Regrets

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
A bit from a few of these posts. If I had to list.

Shit. To be honest, the one real one I have that is not listed, I never spent enough time with my grandfather. I would go for the weekend during the summer... But looking back, not near enough. Rips my guts out to even post this.

Fuck

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Regret not hitting the gym decades earlier. Was always the fat kid that got picked last in gym class, which just made me resentful of anything involving sports. Never liked the way I looked but I was completely resigned to that fate.

Started counting calories a few years ago and started lifting weights earlier this year as well. I'm by no means ripped but at least I'm slim and have decent posture now. Holy shit is life better.

No longer out of breath for minutes after going up a few stairs. Actually enjoy going clothes shopping now, finding something that isn't fat-camouflage but actually makes you that sharp-dressed man that girls go crazy for (which is totally true I found out).

Wish I had done this 20 years ago instead of wasting years being fat and unhappy with myself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

True, by golden age I mostly met the zero effort which-ho-do-I-fuck tonight.

I'm sure that gets old pretty fast though. Met my Wife very early and she hit majority of the checkmarks so I'm just peaking through the glass doors with little perspective.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went the Michael Bluth false sense of superiority always walk the high road, never take advantage, always be patient and considerate, etc..
Turns out all the shits that take everything and give nothing never get their just dues and end in the same position or greater than i
should have fucked everything
should have spoken up
The black renaissance and woke movement is revealing so much more I could have done

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. For me it was very dominant parents and not enough space/freedom/emotional availability to get it popping with the ladies in high school. It was like I was paralyzed and hamstrung. So many experiences squandered from growing up in an extremely high impact toxic household. You even think about going on a date, you'll get belittled and mocked for it. Nevermind that everything was like pulling teeth.

It wasn't no Cali living. Ignorant small town people suck but none of us can change our childhood-- as moon said its all about Forward (tm)
this is my teen years precisely. Did a bunch of counseling when I got divorced 10 years ago that helped me deal with some of that crap, but I still feel like I missed a ton of growth years that I can't get back at this point.
I'm a lifelong introvert and it just seems to be getting worse each year.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think the biggest issue with being an introvert is that you're comfortable being that way. And it's too hard to break out of your comfort zone to change it.

It's a surprisingly easy thing to fix. Start small. Look a complete stranger in the eyes, smile, and say hello. That might sound terrifying, but it isn't. Just a few seconds of "bravery". You'll see it was nothing. Do that a bunch of times, until it's no longer an issue for you. That might be 5 times, it might be 100. But it's easy.

Once saying hello is easy, move on to another comment. Ask the person something about themselves. If you can't think of anything to ask, maybe ask their opinion of something. If you're ANYWHERE that sells food (not a 7-Eleven), find out what they recommend.
That's going to be pretty huge for you, and you'll probably crumble the first few times. But then you'll realize it doesn't fucking matter. You can be as friendly as you want, and in most cases, people will respond with the same energy you give them. Just remember that this is a life change. You need to "force" yourself to do this. Eventually, it's just second nature.

I was in exactly your position for the longest time, then I realized it doesn't fucking matter. Now I'm great talking to anyone about anything. Being an introvert is entirely ego driven. You may not realize it, but you're afraid that other people won't accept you or respond to you, so you're stopping it before they even have a chance. If you're not talking to other people, they can't snub you because you're never putting yourself out there. You CAN get past it. You may never be the life of the party (I doubt I'll ever be that way), but you'll realize just how stress free it is to talk to people. Who gives a shit what a stranger thinks about you? They have NO effect on your life at all. Get comfortable, and it'll be a world of change.

Good luck.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think the biggest issue with being an introvert is that you're comfortable being that way. And it's too hard to break out of your comfort zone to change it.

It's a surprisingly easy thing to fix. Start small. Look a complete stranger in the eyes, smile, and say hello. That might sound terrifying, but it isn't. Just a few seconds of "bravery". You'll see it was nothing. Do that a bunch of times, until it's no longer an issue for you. That might be 5 times, it might be 100. But it's easy.

Once saying hello is easy, move on to another comment. Ask the person something about themselves. If you can't think of anything to ask, maybe ask their opinion of something. If you're ANYWHERE that sells food (not a 7-Eleven), find out what they recommend.
That's going to be pretty huge for you, and you'll probably crumble the first few times. But then you'll realize it doesn't fucking matter. You can be as friendly as you want, and in most cases, people will respond with the same energy you give them. Just remember that this is a life change. You need to "force" yourself to do this. Eventually, it's just second nature.

I was in exactly your position for the longest time, then I realized it doesn't fucking matter. Now I'm great talking to anyone about anything. Being an introvert is entirely ego driven. You may not realize it, but you're afraid that other people won't accept you or respond to you, so you're stopping it before they even have a chance. If you're not talking to other people, they can't snub you because you're never putting yourself out there. You CAN get past it. You may never be the life of the party (I doubt I'll ever be that way), but you'll realize just how stress free it is to talk to people. Who gives a shit what a stranger thinks about you? They have NO effect on your life at all. Get comfortable, and it'll be a world of change.

Good luck.
the above and introvert aren't the same thing. Overlap? of course.
Nine Signs You’re Really an Introvert

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Kind of a downer to talk about, or think about, but my sister died a few years back. The last conversation we had was an argument, basically me telling her to get her shit together and that I was tired of having the same conversation over and over. Then like 2 days later she died due to what the doctor postulates may have been a drug interaction with the wellbutrin she was taking. I didn't do more to help her out of that situation where maybe she wouldn't have been on that, or whatever else it is that they couldn't detect that she was taking that may have been at fault. I was busy gogogo-ing my own life, trying to dig myself out of the hole I dug hen I was in high school. Every success I have in life is tinged with the guilt of that, could have done more but I didn't and then I finally decided to tell her to cut the shit and then she died. My my niece is growing up surrounded by methheads and fucking assholes in an armpit of the South, probably doomed to repeated a lot of the stuff my sister went through. Not sure what I would have done differently, or could have done.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
My only real regret is taking up smoking tobacco.

Most of the other stuff is something I look back on at 41 years old and think it ended up working out for the better anyway. IE like not going to school early enough, but then I wouldn't have the experienced I gained elsewhere

Or it's like "I wish I didn't suck with girls so much." My complete lack of relationship experience made for some lonely years when I was young, but also very independent years as I wasn't tied down to anyone or any thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Kind of a downer to talk about, or think about, but my sister died a few years back. The last conversation we had was an argument, basically me telling her to get her shit together and that I was tired of having the same conversation over and over. Then like 2 days later she died due to what the doctor postulates may have been a drug interaction with the wellbutrin she was taking. I didn't do more to help her out of that situation where maybe she wouldn't have been on that, or whatever else it is that they couldn't detect that she was taking that may have been at fault. I was busy gogogo-ing my own life, trying to dig myself out of the hole I dug hen I was in high school. Every success I have in life is tinged with the guilt of that, could have done more but I didn't and then I finally decided to tell her to cut the shit and then she died. My my niece is growing up surrounded by methheads and fucking assholes in an armpit of the South, probably doomed to repeated a lot of the stuff my sister went through. Not sure what I would have done differently, or could have done.

That sucks man, try not to beat yourself up about it too much but it's hard not to. I'm sure it feels good to say that outloud, even if it's to a bunch of assholes.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I regret not going and seeing my dad more when he was dying. I wanted to, but he kept telling me to stay away, that he was fine and we shouldn't change anything on account of him. I think deep down I knew he was lying, but I never pushed it.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I regret not going and seeing my dad more when he was dying. I wanted to, but he kept telling me to stay away, that he was fine and we shouldn't change anything on account of him. I think deep down I knew he was lying, but I never pushed it.

You would have this regret even if you had seen him more. Instead your regret would simply be not seeing him enough. Guilt when you parents die is practically unavoidable unless you're a shitbird.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
You would have this regret even if you had seen him more. Instead your regret would simply be not seeing him enough. Guilt when you parents die is practically unavoidable unless you're a shitbird.
I suppose you're right. I also wish I'd done more to defend him against my stepmother. She kept him isolated from his family and noped out with his cash when he died. Turned into a raging lib after it too (my dad was an OG shitlord).

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I regret not staying at the ICU for a few more hours when my father was battling cancer.
I regret not finding my wife earlier so dad could have enjoyed his grandkids more.
I regret not going to university.
I regret not applying for my boss's job when the old one left, now I have a real asshole sitting across from me trying to take my fame.
I also regret not being more of a manwhore. But that's pretty far down the list.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
I regret not taking better care of my body when I was younger. All of those broken bones and abused joints hurt like the dickens when the winter rolls around now and I am not even 40 yet.

• 1Solidarity

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I regret not taking better care of my body when I was younger. All of those broken bones and abused joints hurt like the dickens when the winter rolls around now and I am not even 40 yet.
Preach. I turned 29 today and every time it's cold/rainy everything aches and pops and hurts.

• 3Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Not a regret, more of a confession

I once got home from a fishing trip a few days early.

Instead of telling my girlfriend I was back I played WoW for two days straight without interruption

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf