Remnant 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its $50 on Steam. Wtf is this $70 version
Look 3 posts above yours.

Sounds pretty great, aside from the performance issues which hopefully they'll address quickly.

Really wish ACG would start doing a 21:9 test in his reviews. Gunfire Games is notorious for fucking that up even though it's absolutely trivial to do correctly in UE4. You just have to not be lazy and change the default settings and maybe think about your UI design a little. Yet with every one of their games ultrawide has been broken at release and they go through the same exact steps post release to fix it. I'd like to hope they got it right the first time with this one, but I'll believe it's not vert- when I see it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Its $50 on Steam. Wtf is this $70 version

To me those CE/Deluxe editions are almost never worth it. The only one I ever bought was the GTA V one that came with a duffel bag and ammo can, but they were so cheaply made I was turned off on them.

I'm still going to wait and see as I do on most games, been burned too many times.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
More info. Looking pretty cool.

First thing I've watched on the game and one thing I noticed is the graphics look more clean and less gritty, I liked the gritty dark world feel of the first one. This one looks like it's more sanitized and less alive. Not complaining just an observation.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Cold day in hell I pay money to play a game a few days early.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is going to be the dark souls of the demon souls progression. What I mean is I think this will be Remnants true coming out party. I really hope it sells well and they keep improving and iterating this type of game because shooters suck kinda and especially looters shooters imo haven't really gotten a whole lot better since BL2.

Vorph

Cold day in hell I pay money to play a game a few days early.
In general I agree, but in this case you're paying $20 for the three upcoming DLCs and everything else is just a bonus. Odds are the DLCs will end up costing $10 a piece with a bundle for $25. Personally I wouldn't pay in advance for any DLC from them; I loved the original base game but DLCs just weren't worth the time or money to revisit it. Will definitely wait for DLC reviews this time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
From watching Asmond a bit, this literally looks like a copy/paste from the 1st game. Some of the areas/environments are almost identical. And a lot of the hitboxes seem super shitty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 15-13-12 Hogwarts Legacy Humble Store.png

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From watching Asmond a bit, this literally looks like a copy/paste from the 1st game. Some of the areas/environments are almost identical. And a lot of the hitboxes seem super shitty.
Hit boxes being shitty is probably just because it was Asmon playing. I watched Lirik play a lot, and the game looked great and he was saying it felt nice (more inline with the reviews have said). There were a couple cases where he was fighting some lancer type mobs that I'd swear had an iframe during their lunge attack, but everything else appeared to on target.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Sounds like the author doesn’t even like video games.
The real-world moment into which Remnant 2 launches doesn’t do it any favors, either. It took me 16 hours to finish the game’s campaign, planning early-morning and late-night sessions around a climate change-induced California heat wave so as to not exacerbate the daily triple-degree temperatures already turning my home into a sweat lodge. Folks, there’s no point in fearing some hypothetical apocalypse waiting for us over the horizon. We’re living through one right now. It’s just so slow-moving and boring that our dumb amphibian brains are instead making entertainment out of the water getting hotter around us like it’s not seconds away from a rolling boil.

Lol what a fag.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
F it, pre-ordered after last few youtube reviews - looks great. Never played the first one but I guess this is possible totally solo perhaps just a bit more challenging? Sounds great! Whiskey starts flowing tonight at 7

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

F it, pre-ordered after last few youtube reviews - looks great. Never played the first one but I guess this is possible totally solo perhaps just a bit more challenging? Sounds great! Whiskey starts flowing tonight at 7
Solo was fine in the first game. MP was mostly just there as an option for the weirdos who cry about not being able to coop their way through Souls games from start to end. It worked, you could choose to play that way if you wanted, but there was absolutely no need to do so.

Remnant 2 seems much more coop focused. Solo still sounds like it'll be playable though, and the "Team" perks work on yourself so they aren't useless when you're alone. Even the Medic archetype seems like it will still be good while solo (probably not as your primary archetype, but seems like it could be a strong option for secondary).

Still can't decide if I want to get this right away or not. When Remnant 1 finally got added to the Windows Store it was a Play Anywhere title, and I'd much rather own the sequel that way so I can play on both PC and Series X. Unfortunately there's no sign of it on the Windows Store at all.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Did the same. I got it through humble bundle for 60 bucks for the ultimate. Tried the GMG one but it it's $70 now, humble bundle seems to be the cheapest.

The first one was a lot of fun, and it looks like this one will be right at the same alley.

When can we start playing it? Tomorrow right?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Did the same. I got it through humble bundle for 60 bucks for the ultimate. Tried the GMG one but it it's $70 now, humble bundle seems to be the cheapest.

The first one was a lot of fun, and it looks like this one will be right at the same alley.

When can we start playing it? Tomorrow right?
Tonight at 6pst or something like that?

1689956253856.png

• 3Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully will have power back tomorrow, got knocked out literally an hour after I bought ultimate ed yesterday and hasn’t come back on yet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Enjoying it pretty well so far. Looks great, runs great even on my potato PC. Little bit confusing with all the systems.

• 2Like