Rerolled Hearthstone Tournament Sign-ups

The Master

Bronze Squire
So Friday the 13th @6 PM PST won the poll.

TL format rules (spoilered below for those who aren't familiar with them). I will be usingPublic Tournaments | BinaryBeastto generate brackets. You have to make an account and join the tournament. I'll allow confirmation (check-in) starting at 5:30 day of the tournament and turn it off at 6:15. Please put your classes in parenthesis next to your name, primary class (the deck you'll start each round with) first. So mine is "TheGentleman (Mage/Warlock/Shaman)" and I am playing Mage primary. Winners can report their own wins and then contact the next person they'll be playing. Please take screenshots in case there is a dispute. Also make sure you put your battle.net tag in your sign up. You can sign up to the check-in time (so 5:30 on Friday).

You must have both a NA beta key and a valid copy of Hearthstone in order to sign up for this tournament.
All matches will be played on the NA server.
All players must have three constructed decks of three different classes in order to participate
This tournament will be open to anyone. The bracket will expand depending on how many players sign up.
All matches up to the semifinals(round of 4), will be played as follows:
Each player must bring two decks, each with a different classes and they will battle each other in a set of best-of-three matches. If one of their chosen decks loses, it's out for the round, The losing player will then have to choose one of their remaining decks to battle with. The winner must play with the same exact deck. If a player loses with two decks in these rounds, he's out of the tournament.
The finals will be in the same format as the rest of the tournament except it will be played in a best of five with three decks apiece.
The class you sign up with must be the first class you use. You must use this same deck as your first deck in every match you play.
Both players will have three decks. Both players must declare all three decks before you begin. These decks cannot change for the entire tournament. For the bo3 portion though, he'll have a choice between his remaining two decks as his second deck.
You will be able to see your opponents' primary class in the bracket.
Since there is no current observer mode or replay feature in the game, we will rely on players to police themselves. Should a discrepancy occur and there is no way to prove one side's story or the other (via stream or screenshots), it will be up to the referee's discretion.
Winning players will be required to take a screenshot of their win screen in order to prove their victory, in case there is a dispute.

Please post any questions. Someone asked for a stream in the other thread, I am going to work on that. Downloaded obs today and playing around with it. I've never done any streaming so we'll just see how it works out.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was interested until I saw the format. Some of these rounds can potentially take 2 hours based on the rules. Assuming 16 people and four rounds, the finals might not start until 3am EST.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wut? If by potentially you mean every match went to 3 games and both players used all 90s in each turn and both players played all 30 cards in their deck a round would take 112.5 minutes, then yes that is about 2 hours. I predict most matches will be 2-0's, it takes about 10 minutes a game so 20-30 minutes a round.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Was interested until I saw the format. Some of these rounds can potentially take 2 hours based on the rules. Assuming 16 people and four rounds, the finals might not start until 3am EST.
2-3 matches taking two hours would be an average of an either 40 minutes or an hour per game. I've never had a game that long personally. Most tournaments I've participated in took 3-4 hours including the finals, some of those had over a 100 people. Which probably isn't going to happen here.

Stosh

2-3 matches taking two hours would be an average of an either 40 minutes or an hour per game. I've never had a game that long personally. Most tournaments I've participated in took 3-4 hours including the finals, some of those had over a 100 people. Which probably isn't going to happen here.
Maybe I am misunderstanding the rules. When I read "Each player must bring two decks, each with a different class and they will battle each other in a set of best-of-three matches." I interpreted that as a best of three for decks 1A and 2A, then another best of three for decks 1A and 2B, etc. for a minimum of four games per round with a potential for nine games in a round. Nine games in a round would easily take two hours keeping in mind that people are more apt to play slower and more carefully knowing its a tourney and to avoid embarrassing themselves unduly, knowing that the games may be streamed.

If I stupidly misunderstood the format, and it's the same as in most of the tourneys I've watched, where there can only three games at most per round then most rounds will be an hour at most based on the slowest match and I've done nothing but make myself look dumb.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, 3 games max until semi-finals, then is is best of 5.
BO3 meaning you play a game, winner plays the same deck, loser picks one of their two remaining decks, winner wins again and its over, loser wins and the first game winner picks one of their two remaining decks while the first game loser uses the deck he just won with. BO5 same thing, but if it goes to game 5 both players will have used all their decks. Not bo3/bo5 for each class.

The Master

Bronze Squire
^That. TL's format is basically how everyone but MLG does Hearthstone tournaments. King of the Hill is a BO7, which is awesome for deck variety, but basically you just add one deck for each potential round of a set.

Stosh

Yeah, I was thrown off by "Each player brings two decks ... best of three".

The Master

Bronze Squire
So I think maybe the site wasn't allowing you to see the tournament if you weren't logged in. That appears to be the default setting, I changed it. Let me know if there are any other issues with the link.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if they'll ever add Arena co-op tournament support. Or the ability to pick cards from the entire pool for non ranked matches and private battles.

The Master

Bronze Squire
My understanding is that they were taken by surprise with the demand for tournaments and plan on adding features, but it is all discussion at this point. A ton of streamers want all sorts of stuff built-in to the client and the devs are apparently talking to them directly and listening, so.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
When do we have to sign up til? Not certain which three classes I want to play yet.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Quick reminder this is tomorrow and you need to make sure you edit in which classes you're going to be playing.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well shit, I wasn't sure where we supposed to put our classes, I signed up for the tournament without putting classes in and now I can't seem to edit them in, if I unsign and sign back into the tournament it just puts the same thing up as before with no oppurtunity to edit.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wish I could use my Euro cards for America. Don't really wanna play a basic deck in a tournament =/

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I was able to edit my bnet tag and put the classes in there. Just go to Settings -> in-game names -> Battle.Net 2 -> Configure.

How are we checking in/organizing this? on here?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I just had an insane winstreak on a newly built shaman deck... will probably signup tomorrow if I can make a decent third deck later tonight. What are you going to do if there's an odd number of signups?