Rerolled Hearthstone Tournament

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, why not - and come on, who can't be biased towards a Friday the 13th?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
:| dont have hearthstone yet
Open beta is supposed to be this month so you should be able to play soon. Personally, I'd rather have this tournament happen next month once open beta has been in full swing for at least a week or more.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can we have a cheap ass bad newb bracket so I don't completely embarrass myself?

The Master

Bronze Squire
Open beta is supposed to be this month so you should be able to play soon. Personally, I'd rather have this tournament happen next month once open beta has been in full swing for at least a week or more.
Well we can have one next month to. This could just be to iron out the kinks.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does this work exactly? Like we all friend each other and match up according to our brackets or something? I've never done any competitive online gaming so I wasn't sure how you actually pair off in game and stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Probably someone does a random draw, make the brackets and post them online as a googledocs or whatever, then you just friend people and play them yeah. Hearthstone has pretty much 0 supports for anything so it's just do it yourself style.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Would like for the weekday options to be a bit later... 6pm pst is 4pm cst, most aren't even off work by then.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I voted saturday, but also I think the managrind and tl open tournaments are on saturday, but we could also do them on saturdays where there isn't a tlopen or its eu's weekend.

Sundays would also work fine, once football season is over.

6pm pst is 8pm cst, weekdays might work for me, but I have to get up stupid early for work so I wouldn't want to run late either.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saturday works for me, thanks for setting this up bro.

Ive got voice chats if we need to use also, feel free to PM if so.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
People who have put in the time are going to win regardless if you have some kind of pauper restrictions because they know what works best.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Voted for Friday but most of the other times should work for me as well as long as I know a couple days in advance.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Since someone asked, yeah, when we decide on a date I'll ask people to sign up by posting their battle.net ID. At some sign-up cut-off, I'll take those signed up and put them in a bracket generator, post bracket. On the day of we'll have a check-in time, either via a website or logging into an IRC channel etc., something (Krassus offered a voice chat server). You friend the person you're playing, play your games, winner reports back. A lot of it is on you to find your opponent, be signed in, etc. Repeat till finals.

Edited that into the original post. This is basically how most HS tournaments work right now. Teamliquid's site has all their brackets/check-in stuff built-in, as does MLG, and most of the other small tournaments just use websites that have bracket/check-in functions. So if you want to play HS competitively this is what you'll be doing a lot.