Rerolled Hearthstone Tournament

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I didn't vote because I can't participate but if this is going to be available to watch on Twitch or something, I'd love to watch this.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
If anything this is a good chance to compare strategies. I haven't pulled a lot of good cards yet but I seem to be doing decently with a couple of classes regardless. I'm down.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So these rules? Or any deviations? How do you know someone didn't change decks? Just honor system and telling on each other? We supply decklists to you but they are kept secret from the other players?

You must have both a NA beta key and a valid copy of Hearthstone in order to sign up for this tournament.
All matches will be played on the NA server. We will host tournaments every week and alternate servers each week.
All players must have three constructed decks of three different classes in order to participate
This tournament will be open to anyone. The bracket will expand depending on how many players sign up.
All matches up to the semifinals(round of 4), will be played as follows:
Each player must bring two decks, each with a different classes and they will battle each other in a set of best-of-three matches. If one of their chosen decks loses, it's out for the round, The losing player will then have to choose one of their remaining decks to battle with. The winner must play with the same exact deck. If a player loses with two decks in these rounds, he's out of the tournament.
The finals will be in the same format as the rest of the tournament except it will be played in a best of five with three decks apiece.
The class you sign up with must be the first class you use. You must use this same deck as your first deck in every match you play.
Both players will have three decks. Both players must declare all three decks before you begin. These decks cannot change for the entire tournament. For the bo3 portion though, he'll have a choice between his remaining two decks as his second deck.
You will be able to see your opponents' primary class in the bracket.
Players who finish in the top four are required to provide decklists of the decks that they used in the tournament.
Since there is no current observer mode or replay feature in the game, we will rely on players to police themselves. Should a discrepancy occur and there is no way to prove one side's story or the other (via stream or screenshots), it will be up to the referee's discretion.
Winning players will be required to take a screenshot of their win screen in order to prove their victory. These screenshots must be uploaded to Teamliquid when you report a win.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Yes. Though you don't need to supply deck lists to me either. If people want to cheat and switch up their decks between matches.... there isn't a good way to police them, honestly, not with the current tools in Hearthstone.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
That seems a bit rigid, there are few enough of us with the game as it is. As there is no way to view the matches it is not necessary to rigidly schedule those matches. Generate your random seeds and let players use whichever decks they choose, most will be gaining new cards throughout and it is unfair to lock them into their starter decks when new strategies are possible. Players can report when they have played their games and it can then be updated. There should be a window of time to play matches with the opponents scheduling their own matches or reporting if their schedules conflict too much.

When an observer mode is added to the game it would be a good time to revisit the loose scheduling but for now it's better to try to meet the needs of the players instead of forcing them into a schedule that might restrain participation. The same for locking players into a deck, I think that is a bad idea for now but once there is an observer mode there might be better reasons to revisit this rule but for now it would be prudent to allow players to adjust their tactics after a loss if the goal is to appeal to a larger base of participants, as it should be at the inception.

I can not generally predict what my schedule will be more than a day in advance and cannot therefor vote for a time-slot.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Um, most tournaments run a couple of hours. I got into the quarter finals of a tournament with like 100 people. It started at 6 PST, was over by 8:30, I was done by 7:15. That isn't what I think of as a major time commitment. If I have like a thousand people sign up, sure, maybe play it out over a couple of days, but I don't think that is very likely. Apparently you don't either, since there are "few enough of us."

What you are thinking of is called a sideboard. Until it is implemented in the client, I think sideboards in HS are simply not a practical idea for tournaments. MLGs tournaments you can change your whole deck, though not your hero, between matches, win or lose. That is a bit silly. With TL's format, which it should be noted is the format used for basically all major HS tournaments except MLG, if you lose, you get a whole new deck, because you're playing a different hero. If you win, you're "stuck" with the deck that won.

Sorry you can't predict availability. I'll arrange it so sign ups are, at a minimum, up to the day before so if you happen to be available you can participate.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
It is not the time commitment but rather the collective time commitment. This is not a local event so trying to schedule a 2 hour window of time for the, lets say 20, people at the same time becomes a more arduous task task. Having the opponents report back may increase the time-frame of the tournament but it would decrease the amount of commitment needed to make a tournament work. I hope this gets off the ground but you are working with a subset (R.R. Forum users) of a subset (who also have the beta) of a subset (who also read this post) so I would predict a lack of participation and if this is indeed the case this format might be a solution.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ive got the day off, if you want to taste of a non legendary deck find me at dandylion#1160

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can probably make any day. Would love to play in a structured settin.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Looks like Friday is winning atm. Week from today. I'll close the poll on Tuesday and start sign ups, since Wednesday is unlikely to win.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess you could vote for more than one day? shit says 17 voters, but there are 27 votes.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I guess if you can make more than one day. But he did say which we would prefer so that's what I voted. Should have been one where we can see voters!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like friday may win anyway, but I initially voted saturday, but turns out friday may be better for me because I may not be able to show saturday.