ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I have never died so much in a minecraft world ever. There is just no defending against most of the creatures in it until you have power armor or something like it, I think... I just get no enjoyment out of that at all though. *shrugs* I DO like the mundane creatures it adds though so going to have to find a way to tone down the bad guys... I was playing on normal.. maybe I should try it on easy.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You can adjust the spawn rates. In single player there's even a GUI to do so under Options - Global Mod options. Obviously it's a little more complicated if you're on a server but you can still edit the config file for the same effect.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Mo' Creatures is a blast at first because you're like wow, look at all these awesome creatures, but quickly becomes annoying. Not only is your base CONSTANTLY surrounded/roof crowded with scorpions and wolves and rats oh my, but they make the most ungodly fucking noise ever. I have to go out once every few days just to kill all the shit on my roof because I can't fucking take the noise. And yeah, you pretty much have to turn off ogres or you'll punch your monitor the first time one ends up on your roof or against an outside wall and AE's and destroys all of your machines, wiring, pipes, solar panels, etc.

I haven't played it in several iterations, but I had posted awhile ago that ostriches were broken as fuck too. They might have changed, but previously as long as you got a male and a female "tamed" and put them in a room together, and then put some water or other mechanism to push their eggs out into a separate room, every 10 minutes or so you'd go in and slaughter the new ostriches for drumsticks, cook them up, and have endless food. And once again, they made so much fucking noise that if you didn't put them somewhere a decent distance horizontally away, they'd drive you fucking nuts too. I always intended to set up an automated system for killing them, but they were so fucking annoying that I relished going in there and beating them down.

Werewolves were annoying as fuck because the only weapon that worked well against them was a gold sword, and who the fuck wants to carry that around all the time? So it would take like 30 hits from an iron sword to kill one.

It's a great concept, but exactly as Cam said, WAY too much once you realize that it is more of a nuisance after the wow factor wears off.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
McFly,

I kinda understand why you are trying a 2nd server, but also a bit confused with it. We have a very small minecraft community here, not enough to occupy 1 server let alone 2. Your new rules are trying to keep people centered in 1 area, which imo is a good thing as it hearkens back to the original server we had where everyone was building on top of each other, and it was a blast. I also think you like to flex your modding muscles a bit too much and really only get enjoyment out of creating worlds for us to play in, you rarely seem to want to play minecraft like the rest of us peons, you seem to enjoy creating large terrain, which I completely understand, too. It's like an MMO designer getting giddy about players finally exploring their creations.

My biggest qualm with this is that since you've been talking about this 2nd server, I've had zero desire to continue playing at all. I have dedicated a LOT of time on my project (which might be just a hole, but still). There is no desire to keep working on it when I know the server will be dead. There is also no desire to start anew when I just "wasted" so much time.

If you want to grow the community and keep it alive I propose you do the following:

1.) Transfer projects to the new server so we can keep working on them & finish them. They do not need to be spaced out far, we can cram them together to keep a tighter-knit community.
2.) When you get urges to terraform, do it on the existing server rather than creating a new server, section off the world and do "expansions" for your pleasure.
3.) If you desire rule changes, just do it on the existing server.
4.) Items/Gear resets seem inappropriate and waste time.

The world looks great but a customized world doesn't entice me enough to start again, unfortunately. Good luck with it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I believe he's said he's transferring over whatever people want. Including the church we built.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I believe he's said he's transferring over whatever people want. Including the church we built.
It seemed to me that the intention of the new server was to keep things smaller and to "blend in." If massive structures get ported across, I guess they'd have to be in some kind of separate area?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure we'll figure it out. He wants to start the server off slow and add new areas. If it takes a few weeks for the church to get moved over to an appropriate area that's fine. The plus side is we can put it on a reasonable hill instead of having it basically at the bottom of a 10meter high pit.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thanks for the input Fawe, I do really appreciate it.

1.) Transfer projects to the new server so we can keep working on them & finish them. They do not need to be spaced out far, we can cram them together to keep a tighter-knit community.(Projects will be transferred at the behest of the creator)

2.) When you get urges to terraform, do it on the existing server rather than creating a new server, section off the world and do "expansions" for your pleasure.(The current map is too large for me to compress any terraforming ideas into)

3.) If you desire rule changes, just do it on the existing server.(While I would like to, it doesn't make sense to adjust it now)

4.) Items/Gear resets seem inappropriate and waste time.(I conceed that gear resets suck; I will look into reimbursements if possible)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
OK well if we are moving projects then that will suffice for now, the other points were mainly for this new server. Anyway, my tunnel is ~300 blocks long by ~34 high and ~52 wide and sits at bedrock level, I'd like to keep it at bedrock level, which means it should be moved independently of the church. Ideally I would like it to be under the main village/building area of the server and people could join their overworld projects to the tunnel if they desire. My thoughts were that eventually it could be the start of an underground city where houses/hotels/shops are built into the walls and the main tunnel is like the main thoroughfare for the city.

Or put it back under the church just keep it at bedrock level and it will simply be much farther below the church floor, which could be cool, too, as you could create some expansive catacombs that eventually empty into this massive underground labyrinth.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
When do you think you are going to release the mod list for the new server? I am plugging away on my current server but if your new server is going to be something I am interested in then I am going to take a break from it and just go play some random things until yours goes live.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When do you think you are going to release the mod list for the new server? I am plugging away on my current server but if your new server is going to be something I am interested in then I am going to take a break from it and just go play some random things until yours goes live.
I'll post the mod list later on today when I'm home. (if I make it home alive; I picked the wrong day to start riding my bike to work 95? 93% humidity)

The mods will be similar to the previous server. Once Bukkit updates to 1.6.2 I plan on getting a client side inventory plug in active even if I have to learn to code it myself. One of the few things I dislike about vanilla is the inventory system.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I actually like the idea of the gear reset. I enjoy anything that breaks my mining and building down. Keeps me going when I would burn out. I don't really mind either way though.

I'm starting to get the itch to play again. If we can request projects to be ported on then I would like to request my half-finished arena and windmill + house. I'd play if I could keep working on those.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Are you planning on adding a minimap mod? I can't stand playing Vanilla now that I have played with REI's minimap and waypoints.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
REI minimap does'nt need to be enabled serverside to work. Just for the ability to see slime chunks.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
The mods will be similar to the previous server.
Ah ok. Unfortunately, there is not enough going on there to keep me occupied so I am going to pass on this server. I hope you all have fun, though!

Here are the pics I promised you guys of my recycling and mass fab set up. I will explain what is going on in the pictures. I also got the first of my biogeneration system set up and going and I'll post a picture of that. Next project after the huge biogeneration power plant is done I am going to be doing a huge magic/thaumcraft/mob grinder setup but this mod pack is really limited in what it allows me to do. I have been debating stopping where I am at and using a new mod pack cause this one doesn't have all the mods I want in it and I never planned on staying in this one this long because I thought Dire's new pack would be out by now and I really want some of the new mods to do some builds with. Hhhmm I'll have to think on it some more.

As you can see in this first pic there is a new resource on my wall. It is called UU matter. What it does is it can make all the vanilla minecraft resource blocks just by putting it in different combinations in a crafting terminal.
rrr_img_36210.jpg

These are my recyclers. What they do is take cobble and break it down and that has a % chance to make slag. This slag is then fed into my mass fabricators (next pic) The mass fabricators make UU matter. It takes so much power to run all of these machines I had to add 3 MFSUs to keep up with the power demand at night cause my 46 high voltage solar panels only run in the day time, of course.

rrr_img_36199.jpg

rrr_img_36200.jpg

rrr_img_36202.jpg

This is the start of my biogeneration power plant. It's going to be 8 tiers of these wheat farms. Each farm produces around 5 stacks of seeds per growth cycle. Around 3 stacks are fed into the planter and it starts again. I have a combine sitting beside the planter and it harvest the full grown wheat and throws the seeds and wheat into the my ME system. The extra seeds will be squeezed to make seed oil and then the seed oil will be piped into stills to make biofuel. The wheat is going to be used to make biomass which is then going to be pumped into other stills to make more biofuel. All this biofuel will be pumped into 126 biogenerators which will be kept going nonstop. This should produce in 10 cycles what a nuclear reactor produces in 1. It's a HUGE undertaking and I can't wait to post pics of it after I am done. It will be a site to see. :)
rrr_img_36209.jpg

I don't think I have ever posted a pic of my main base so here it is.
rrr_img_36206.jpg

Menion_sl

shitlord
Just started playing with power seriously yesterday. One of my main problems so far is finding an all encompassing guiide to help me muddle through all the information that I need to use the machines in the mods that I am running. I found this guy on YouTube last night while looking for something else and he has some pretty nice guides on the Tekkit mod pack that I am playing currently. Thinking of stealing this design as a basis for what I want to do long term.

Building his Biofuel plant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6sdsuuOEk

Working model and sorting system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5YXVgkRB64

Thinking of making the jump to FTB as a fresh start when it gets out of beta as it looks pretty good so far. Just wish the mod packs could keep up with the release version of Minecraft. Would be nice to have a horse.

Also, anyone have experince with Chunk Loaded Turtles? I built a couple of these things last night and anytime I leave the area my chunk loaded turtles stop working.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Did you write the program to have them run? You can't just plop them down in the world and them do anything.*winks* You have to program them to run and keep the chunks loaded.. yes like an actual computer program using LUA hehe

Tummysticks

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, I'm trying to play with buildcraft in SSP but I'm having an issue getting mining wells or any of the buildcraft items to actually function in a single player world. What am I doing wrong?