ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Menion_sl

shitlord
I have just been using the standard Tunnel x number of blocks command. So, tunnel 100 will dig out a 3 x 3 x 100 tunnel. This works perfectly when I had 4 of the things running and I hung out in the area cleaning up behind them. However, when I leave the area they all died. So, I looked up the chunk loader turtle last night and made one. But it dies when I leave the area unfortunately. Going to have to do some more research on it but I think I am going to get a quarry up and running tonight so I am not too woried about it right now. I just like to know why things don't work. I really do wish a chunk loader wasn't required in single player if you have active devices in an area.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Ok, I'm trying to play with buildcraft in SSP but I'm having an issue getting mining wells or any of the buildcraft items to actually function in a single player world. What am I doing wrong?
That's a pretty vague question honestly. What are you using to power the items? Can you show a screenshot of your setup?

I had a problem last night with a pump that I setup with 4 redstone engines surrounding it to send some sludge to a tank at my house. The same setup worked perfectly on my test world that I setup. The pump extends down to the sludge source and doesn't do anything at that point.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I don't think I have ever posted a pic of my main base so here it is.
I found it a bit funny that you have all these crazy elaborate setups that you've obviously spent countless hours on, but your base is basically a cobblestone box. For some reason I can't commit to making all this crazy shit without having an equally awesome house to put it in to, but I suck at making awesome houses able to accommodate all the crazy shit I want to be able to put into them.
frown.png

Tummysticks

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's a pretty vague question honestly. What are you using to power the items? Can you show a screenshot of your setup?

I had a problem last night with a pump that I setup with 4 redstone engines surrounding it to send some sludge to a tank at my house. The same setup worked perfectly on my test world that I setup. The pump extends down to the sludge source and doesn't do anything at that point.
Sure, here's the setup. I compared it to pictures from tehgoogle and I'm pretty sure I've got it right. In all the videos I've seen, once hooked up like this, the well should extend piping directly downward and start popping blocks out the top. That's not happening here.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
@tummysticks 2 redstone engines will NOT power a pump well enough to do anything. Add at least 1 more... 2 if you want it running at max efficiency.

I found it a bit funny that you have all these crazy elaborate setups that you've obviously spent countless hours on, but your base is basically a cobblestone box. For some reason I can't commit to making all this crazy shit without having an equally awesome house to put it in to, but I suck at making awesome houses able to accommodate all the crazy shit I want to be able to put into them.
frown.png
Making elaborate buildings/castles/ect just isn't what I have fun doing. *shrugs* hehe Every time I go to do that I am like damn all that time I wasted doing this I could have had my biogenerator setup done, or my nuclear reactor setup, or insert any mechanical thing you can do in MC besides aesthetic building. It's just not that fun to me. :)

I have just been using the standard Tunnel x number of blocks command. So, tunnel 100 will dig out a 3 x 3 x 100 tunnel. This works perfectly when I had 4 of the things running and I hung out in the area cleaning up behind them. However, when I leave the area they all died. So, I looked up the chunk loader turtle last night and made one. But it dies when I leave the area unfortunately. Going to have to do some more research on it but I think I am going to get a quarry up and running tonight so I am not too woried about it right now. I just like to know why things don't work. I really do wish a chunk loader wasn't required in single player if you have active devices in an area.
Right but in order for the chunk loader turtle to actually load chunks it has to be programmed to do so. :) It won't do it just from being placed. It also has to have fuel and be refueled so you'll, at the very least, need an item tesseract there with a command for it to pull coal out of it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hye McFly where did the warp to The End go? I always wanted to check it out but didn't know about it until I was stuck on the cathedral.

Menion_sl

shitlord
So, apparently my world is now corrupted somehow. My computer crashed this morning with the game open and now I can't load the world, it gets stuck at Loading World Building Terrain. All other maps seem to work fine. Any way to fix this?

Azziane_sl

shitlord
So, apparently my world is now corrupted somehow. My computer crashed this morning with the game open and now I can't load the world, it gets stuck at Loading World Building Terrain. All other maps seem to work fine. Any way to fix this?
Not a solution but good troubleshooting I think:
1)Get in the world folder and back it up
2)Start deleting chunk files (.mca files) ONE at a tme
3)Try loading your world
4)Delete the next chunk

Once you've identified the offending chunk file you can decide to just let it go if you built nothing there and it will just re-generate a fresh chunk when you go there again. If the corrupted chunk is your house or spawn there are some ways you can try to fix them. The almost never work though.

5)???

6)install a plugin that automates backups

7)$$$

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Logged into the server late last night just to finally see it, and to test if I could get a vanilla client running through the FTB launcher (I did). Spawn building is awesome, but other than that all I did was take the minecart track in one direction, saw some sandstone stuff off to one side...and then ran into the Ender Dragon. WTF?

No one was online so I had no idea which way to go to check out the church and stuff.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
haha there's another ender dragon?? nice.

If you go to /spawn you can find the warp wall in that room and click on church.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Not a solution but good troubleshooting I think:
1)Get in the world folder and back it up
2)Start deleting chunk files (.mca files) ONE at a tme
3)Try loading your world
4)Delete the next chunk

Once you've identified the offending chunk file you can decide to just let it go if you built nothing there and it will just re-generate a fresh chunk when you go there again. If the corrupted chunk is your house or spawn there are some ways you can try to fix them. The almost never work though.

5)???

6)install a plugin that automates backups

7)$$$
Thanks, I will give that a try. I was able to load up my level.dat file this morning with MCEdit and my house and quarry are there and intact so I am not sure what the issue is. I told it to repair and didn't get any errors but was still unable to log in. I just got my first quarry and biofuel generation up and running last night and am not really looking forward to starting over again right now. Although, with the knowledge I gained muddling my way through this world it wouldn't take me as long this time to get back where I was.

What pluggin do you use to backup your world file?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Tummy so you have Mining Pipes loaded in the Mining Well? Be sure to load as many pipes as you want mining depth.

Menion_sl

shitlord
So, I think I am pretty much screwed. The map will not go beyond the Loading World Building Terrain no matter what I have tried. This issue is all over the internet but it mainly refers to a save game not showing up in the world select menu. I can load my world up fine in MCEdit, can fly around, go over to my house and quarry and see my player inside my house right where I crashed this morning and everything seems fine in the world. Not really sure what else to do at this point. I don't mind starting over but am concerned that the same corruption may occur again at some point.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've never used MCEdit, but could you possibly generate a new world with the same seed (or a new one if you don't care) and transfer blocks over that contain stuff you want to keep? At least that way you might get to see which block is causing the problem too, or if it isn't one of the important blocks you won't even have to worry about it.