ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Hunno

Molten Core Raider
WHERE IS MY WHITELIST ACCESS?!?!

rrr_img_36739.png

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's up now, all whitelisted previously are allow in.

Server IP is 198.24.178.122:25573

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was whitelisted on the first incarnation of the rerolled minecraft server.

Need it again (eviwally)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Update on the new Server/Map @ 198.24.178.122:25573

The town valley is free to build in, so feel free to add your home in the starting area!

There are some very useful spells located on the second floor of the main town building. (type /cast help <spellname> to see reagents)
.Mark - When cast marks your location for future recall. (Like Binding your character to a specific location.
.Recall - When cast takes you to your marked location.
.Prayer - Heals yourself.
.Farm - Makes nearby crops grow faster.
.Gate - When cast this spell it takes you to the spawn location.
.Enderchest - When cast this spell gives you access to your enderchest wherever you are.

There are also spells hidden in the world. Some examples; Conjure, Dowse, Drainlife, Food, Minion, Tree, Blink, Leap.
As the map expands so will the number of spells.

You can sell basic blocks in the starting town to earn some money as well as buy some basic items, enchants etc. There are also Villagers that will be able to trade with you (but their capacity to trade is limited)

More to come.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Welcome to "When modder's egos get the better of them" round 2

As some of you may remember round 1 was the Tekkit vs SirSengir debacle that eventually gave birth to FTB.

This go round we have GregoriusT who makes GregTech vs mDiyo, the author of Tinker's Construct.

The set up: Greg decided that he was going to nurf how many planks you get from wood, changing it from 4 to 2 per block. Screwing with vanilla recipes of course also effects any other mod that may rely upon said recipe. mDiyo gets wind of the change and decides that it seriously impacts his mod which uses a fair amount of wood in the beginning so he codes in a recipe into his mod which undoes the changes to wood.

The resolution: Greg finds out about this forced change, gets mad and adds some code to his mod which will crash Minecraft whenever it detects Tinker's Construct. Now understand that Greg's Tech is a mod that forces recipe changes to mods to make them harder with or without permission of that mod authors who may find their mods effected. This isn't the first time Greg has ticked off other modders. What gets me is he thinks every mod is fair game but touch his mod in a similar style and he starts crashing the game in retaliation.

As of right now FTB has announced that these two mods will no longer be allowed in the same mod packs together. So consider yourselves warned. These two mods may very well not play nice together in the future in any packs that try to include them.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I fucking hate gregtech. Fuck that guy.

PS...where do you get all your mod gossip?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This bit of drama I found out about via Slowpoke's twitter last night. Took some digging on the FTB and IC2 forums to find out what had happened.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So basically what I said before: Fuck Gregtech. (EDIT to add another comment about Gregtech...when you piss off Soaryn (maker of XYCraft), one of the most easy going guys I've ever heard, you know you're a fucking douche.)

McFly, I haven't played on your servers before, and really haven't played "vanilla" for a long time, so this might be something everyone knows but I don't. Is there anything to be done with stuff like gold armor from zombies/skeletons aside from wear it yourself? Can you break it down into bars, or sell it back via your economy system? How about enchanted versions of the same? Or any other miscellaneous mob drops? Or is it only the specific things you have listed on the wall that can be sold?

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Greg is a pompous, self-absorbed, cock slurper and always has been and mDiyo is cool ass cat so again fuck Greg and his stupid ass mod as well. I delete his garbage out of any pack I use.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So basically what I said before: Fuck Gregtech. (EDIT to add another comment about Gregtech...when you piss off Soaryn (maker of XYCraft), one of the most easy going guys I've ever heard, you know you're a fucking douche.)

McFly, I haven't played on your servers before, and really haven't played "vanilla" for a long time, so this might be something everyone knows but I don't. Is there anything to be done with stuff like gold armor from zombies/skeletons aside from wear it yourself? Can you break it down into bars, or sell it back via your economy system? How about enchanted versions of the same? Or any other miscellaneous mob drops? Or is it only the specific things you have listed on the wall that can be sold?
I just rode into work. Give me a bit and I can address that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Modder fights always make me laugh. The explicit role of a modder is to take something someone else created and modify it. Usually this is done without respect to the original creator's wishes. Some modders do this and then become very possessive of their new creation. It's like, bro, you created a derivative asset, who cares if someone else derives something from it.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Modder fights always make me laugh. The explicit role of a modder is to take something someone else created and modify it. Usually this is done without respect to the original creator's wishes. Some modders do this and then become very possessive of their new creation. It's like, bro, you created a derivative asset, who cares if someone else derives something from it.
Some of the greatest games ever made have been made by modders (see Counter-Strike, DOTA, etc.). I wuv them and tend to side with them more often.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welp been lurking since noows and this thread has finally motivated me to register.

Forum n00b looking for whitelist! (Eatbeast)

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Here are some pics of my new setup on the new pack. I am playing with a lot of new things I have never played with before in mekanism like heat generators, universal cables, and rock crushers! Lots of fun! Can't wait to get deeper into the pack and play with things like logistic pipes and I am also going to do all the minefactory reloaded stuff this time around too. Woot woot! *rubs hands together and grins*

In this first pic you can see my current method of power generation. There are 4 heat generators in there surrounded by 28 lava source blocks.. hehe ATM all it is powering is my rock crusher, pulverizer, and powered furnace. Next step I am going to be putting a couple batboxes into the system. For those of you who don't know batboxes are storage units for MJ power. Almost everything I will be doing this time will be with MJ power since almost all the mods using EU have been removed from this pack.
rrr_img_36943.jpg

This is a picture of my tinkers construct smelter, the one of the left, and my mekanism rock crusher. I built the rock crusher cause I have been to the nether a dozen times already and haven't found the first fortress yet... really f'in sucks cause I need blaze rods and I need nether stars. But the rock crusher has a 10% chance to make blaze powder from crushing blast furnace blocks so I have been using that but it is so tedious and inefficient that it is eating me alive to keep doing it that way lol I am going to see if I can't find a damn fortress soon.
rrr_img_36944.jpg

This is one of the Great Trees in the back of my house and inside it will be my thaumcraft room. I am lining the floor with basalt brick since this pack doesn't have Xycraft in it.
rrr_img_36945.jpg

This is the other Great Tree in the back and as you can see it has my nether portal in it so I don't have to listen to those annoying sounds it makes all the time hehe
rrr_img_36947.jpg

This is the bridge I built on the front of my house to attach it to the top of a mountain. If you look closely you can see about 7 tombstones. These are from where I died. I have been collecting them and putting them around my house with how I died just for S&Gs hehe
rrr_img_36946.jpg

And here are my bridge guardians... turrets from portal! LOL If all 4 focus fire I have seen them take down a werewolf so they seem to have it handled pretty well and they are so cheap to make too... 2 obsidian, 1 red stone, and 5 iron is all it takes. You can also see a couple of my manual farms that I have over to the right of them. I have another 3 reed farms down the mountain some.
rrr_img_36948.jpg

I'll post some more pics as I progress today. Gonna be at home playing all day so should get some good progress done. Going to be making some automated farms today so I can get started early on my biofuel power plant. Wylker, the guy who made the pack I am playing, has a LP series based on this pack and he does boilers next. I have never been a big fan of them cause they always seem to explode on me but maybe I will give them another try. Going to think on it some more today while I play. What do you all think? Setting up 8 auto wheat farms, a moistener, 10 stills, 10 magma crucibles, and 30 bioengines for biopower or do 3 boilers, 4 auto tree farms, 6 powered furnaces, and 1 aqueous accumulator for steam power?