Rerolled.org Blood Bowl League - Season 2.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The question is will we lose more people to the vacation than to ragequits? I can't answer that.
But I do like the idea of the tournament between seasons. Seriously, whoever came up with that is a genius.

I'll keep my name off the list for now...I'm busy with Testing this month...but if we struggle to get 16 teams, I'll play.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'd probably step aside for the tourney too, and let someone else have the spotlight for a bit, after the stunty win and the D1 win. I'll still run the league though.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Im torn between time off. My Rage is now gone, I wanna get back to playing, however I'm off to Sasquatch May 23-27, and a Stag June 6-9 so I might have to miss a game those weeks if I can't set something up with my opponent.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Im torn between time off. My Rage is now gone, I wanna get back to playing, however I'm off to Sasquatch May 23-27, and a Stag June 6-9 so I might have to miss a game those weeks if I can't set something up with my opponent.
Bah, 4 days gone? That shit's easy to work out.

However, with summer coming, there's gonna be a lot more travel and whatnot going on. It's a lot easier to run a video game league in the winter when everyone's working, the kids are in school, and it's not prime vacation time, that's for sure.

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
Addlemixie, let me know when you're available for our D4 match.
I am in IRC and have tried to send you a couple whispers there to set this up. Either late tonight, or early afternoonish on Sunday are ideal for me. I can do pretty much anytime on Monday, and if necessary, can do the game early tuesday night, but need to be done by 9:30pm PST tuesday if we go that route.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think you let someone with a fresh team start at a lower division, since they have less development. The less skilled people would learn something facing a fresh 1k TV Cutlery or Adam12 run team, for example. The tournament idea is a descent one, though you obviously will not see certain teams played. Another option is to run a tournament and let the main teams face off, but turn off permadeath just for that tourney (and SPP if you can) and run it as a sort of all starts tourney with a gold prize for the winner. Anything is better than a break, honestly. Raging fades fairly fast, if someone cools off for a day or two. On the other hand, imagine trying to herd all these cats and get things off the ground smoothly again from start and you can see why I think some sort of structured activity is needed.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Attachment 23547Please feel free to watch the 2nd half of Superhiro and my Day 7 match to witness some of the most baffling shit I have ever seen. He has a ninja blitzer which is apparently immune to Tackle zones, pulled off dodges 3 turns in a row to ruin TDs, WHILE SURROUNDED. He never got the -1 roll from the TZs, with just Block/Tackle/Strip Ball as skills. Fortunately the guy who i was originally going to score with got MVP and hit level 4 so that is all well and good, but fuck me I was both smiling and raging at the same time because the last 3 turns or so were some of the most absurd shit I have ever witnessed. Its uploaded on BBManager too, another game where I fail at 1s rolls. I rolled a 1 on Go For It 5 times, shit was embarassing.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm down for whatever for next season. I like my team and my division and want to keep going.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I think you let someone with a fresh team start at a lower division, since they have less development. The less skilled people would learn something facing a fresh 1k TV Cutlery or Adam12 run team, for example. The tournament idea is a descent one, though you obviously will not see certain teams played. Another option is to run a tournament and let the main teams face off, but turn off permadeath just for that tourney (and SPP if you can) and run it as a sort of all starts tourney with a gold prize for the winner. Anything is better than a break, honestly. Raging fades fairly fast, if someone cools off for a day or two. On the other hand, imagine trying to herd all these cats and get things off the ground smoothly again from start and you can see why I think some sort of structured activity is needed.
There's already fill in teams with D1 guys playing in every division except yours right now. I started a fresh Underworld team for D2A to replace Moontayle and finished 3-1-2, pulling Morg N Thorg in inducements for every game except vs Makkon. Restless is 4-1-1 right now with a game left on his UW team in D3. And D4 is half stunty teams designed to give the new guys a boost to get them up to par on SPP.

The problem with letting someone roll a fresh team and drop to a lower division is that it essentially becomes an SPP farm. Restless, Morenfin, Funkor and Littles will be promoted to D1, and Funkor is the only one with a team with less TV than the highest TV team in D1 (myself currently, dunno if Gav will get enough TV off his 3 levelups in order to pass me), and that's only because he's got a WE injured, and he's only running 12 players. We talk about this a lot in IRC, and basically we believe the D1 guys are in for some serious fucking trouble next season with who's getting promoted and the teams they're bringing in. Funkor's team is fucking sick, and the lack of tackle in the division is gonna show, really quickly. Morenfin's got the guard spam team that's gonna overpower pretty much everyone, Restless has that +str/block/MB Super Saurus that Oblio was never allowed to develop because he couldn't gain SPP, and Littles is walking in with a proper 15 man Norse roster that pretty much negates the fact that he's running around with AV 7, again, something Djay was never allowed to develop because of the increased competition.

In regards to your second point, I can't turn off death, and I can't turn off SPP, which is why we don't run playoffs. The top teams don't need any more of an advantage vs the lower ranked teams, and they certainly don't need more gold. My stunty team is sitting on 710k in the bank right now as a result of the playoffs there. I could lose my troll every game for half the season before I got in trouble.

But, since this topic has been here for 24 hours and no one else seems to have an opinion, I'll just decide what to do next week when the season's over, and we'll go with that. We've got more than enough guys to keep the season going, 6 drops isn't gonna hurt us, and we'll have enough flex room to bring people in and out as necessary.

There will still be a week-long break while I do the division sort and set everything up for Season 3 and get everyone into the correct leagues. So look for whatever we do to officially start about May 15th.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Please feel free to watch the 2nd half of Superhiro and my Day 7 match to witness some of the most baffling shit I have ever seen. He has a ninja blitzer which is apparently immune to Tackle zones, pulled off dodges 3 turns in a row to ruin TDs, WHILE SURROUNDED. He never got the -1 roll from the TZs, with just Block/Tackle/Strip Ball as skills. Fortunately the guy who i was originally going to score with got MVP and hit level 4 so that is all well and good, but fuck me I was both smiling and raging at the same time because the last 3 turns or so were some of the most absurd shit I have ever witnessed. Its uploaded on BBManager too, another game where I fail at 1s rolls. I rolled a 1 on Go For It 5 times, shit was embarassing.
Turn 12 he rolled a 6 on the dodge into 3 TZ's, so it's an automatic success. Turn 13, he wasn't dodging INTO a TZ, so it was a simple 3+ roll (with the +1 dodge mod) to dodge away from those 3 guys you had. Turn 14 foul with your Beast of Nurgle? Use rotters to foul dude, that BoN is expensive
smile.png
Same with his Turn 14 dodge, it wasn't into a TZ, so again, simple 3+ roll to make it. That's gonna succeed 2/3 times, it's a pretty likely move. So really the only thing he got lucky on was rolling the 6 on that first dodge, so it's not quite the amazing player you thought he was.

As far as your GFI's go, I think you took a lot of needless GFI's throughout that game and spent a lot of RR's on them. Make sure you never outrun your coverage. Putting another square between you and the opposition isn't important when you're also putting another square between you and your support. In the same vein, I'd spread out your Nurgle Warriors a bit more. Disturbing Presence is a big thing for you, and the last think you want is for all your NW's to end up getting tied up in a scrum on the line. Yeah, they can get a lot of 2D blocks that way, but they also are not very mobile at all, so you need to be able to reposition them more effectively, and getting them scrummed up means you're fighting for the ball with Pests and Rotters only.

It wasn't a bad game by any means, but I think if you had maybe kept your 3 move NW on the line and used the other 3 guys spread out a bit more, you could have maybe stopped some of those pickups with the extra muscle near the ball.

smile.png

Personally, I'd rather not take a long break. I think we'll have a lot of people just decide not to play afterwards. I'd be down with a mini-tournament in between if we go that way though. Would love the chance to play a different team for a bit.

I'm definitely in for s3 though. Having a good time despite the raging. It's what adds some flavor to the game.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Turn 12 he rolled a 6 on the dodge into 3 TZ's, so it's an automatic success. Turn 13, he wasn't dodging INTO a TZ, so it was a simple 3+ roll (with the +1 dodge mod) to dodge away from those 3 guys you had. Turn 14 foul with your Beast of Nurgle? Use rotters to foul dude, that BoN is expensive
smile.png
Same with his Turn 14 dodge, it wasn't into a TZ, so again, simple 3+ roll to make it. That's gonna succeed 2/3 times, it's a pretty likely move. So really the only thing he got lucky on was rolling the 6 on that first dodge, so it's not quite the amazing player you thought he was.

As far as your GFI's go, I think you took a lot of needless GFI's throughout that game and spent a lot of RR's on them. Make sure you never outrun your coverage. Putting another square between you and the opposition isn't important when you're also putting another square between you and your support. In the same vein, I'd spread out your Nurgle Warriors a bit more. Disturbing Presence is a big thing for you, and the last think you want is for all your NW's to end up getting tied up in a scrum on the line. Yeah, they can get a lot of 2D blocks that way, but they also are not very mobile at all, so you need to be able to reposition them more effectively, and getting them scrummed up means you're fighting for the ball with Pests and Rotters only.

It wasn't a bad game by any means, but I think if you had maybe kept your 3 move NW on the line and used the other 3 guys spread out a bit more, you could have maybe stopped some of those pickups with the extra muscle near the ball.
See I always thought dodge was when you are IN tackle zones, not dodging INTO them. The more you knooooowwwwwwww

smile.png

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
I would be more than happy to play a mini tourny with new teams, saying that I am happy to continue with the current league. CyrusReij, if some of the particulars of BB are still not quite there for you look up cKnoor on youtube. He is a good player who has done videos to explain the game, you probably know most of it but there might be something in there that is useful.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
48 hour notice

D1 is done
D2A - Restless/Makkon
D2B is done
D3 - Restless/Stupidmonkey
McCheese/Slytin
D4 - Skie/Daezed

I also have a spot in the Stunty league for anyone who has time for another game per week and would like to play the little bastards. See stunty league thread for rules. First come, first serve.

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
I also have a spot in the Stunty league for anyone who has time for another game per week and would like to play the little bastards. See stunty league thread for rules. First come, first serve.
If anyone has the time and isn't sure I heartily recommend it, its great fun and I would still be in it if I could commit to always being able to make the match. Unfortunately time zones and work get in the way
frown.png

frown.png

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
An open mini-tourney with new teams for people who want to play while our current league takes a break could be fun.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Going along the same line, what is the long term plan for the league? Are we going to retire our current teams after a time and start over? I'd like to try elves at some point.