Rerolled.org Blood Bowl League - Season 2.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So my shitty ass luck continues. All 3 deaths happened by round 10, and my expensive star player was badly injured in the first half. Not even whiskey can dull this pain. I hate this fucking game.

rrr_img_22206.jpg

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
So my shitty ass luck continues. All 3 deaths happened by round 10, and my expensive star player was badly injured in the first half. Not even whiskey can dull this pain. I hate this fucking game.

rrr_img_22206.jpg
Your shitty luck is nothing compared to mine. I'm 0-5 this season, in large part due to games like the one I just played vs Makkon.

fuckbloodbowl.jpg

That includes rolling double 1s on a play that would have been an easy go ahead touchdown as well. One of many similar plays I've had over the course of this god forsaken season. Jesus fuck.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Jeez, much rage tonight.

I'll sort it out in a few hours here.

McCheese

I am done with this game. Give my next opponent a win and remove me from the stunty league.
That includes rolling double 1s on a play that would have been an easy go ahead touchdown as well. One of many similar plays I've had over the course of this god forsaken season. Jesus fuck.
rrr_img_22271.png

rrr_img_22271.png

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
All divisions are on Day 6 now, except for 2A. Dokomo/Littles left to play there.

I know we talked earlier in the week, Littles, but hit me up in IRC and lemme know what's going on.

If Whatsamattau is still out today (no decisions in blood bowl should be made before a good night's sleep), that means the mighty Kragg Goremaw will get his second win of the season. The relentless Ogres are looking up!

McCheese - I know the vamps have been a rage issue for you. You're playing the other fill in team this week, Restless' Underworld. If you guys wanna just admin a draw to that game, it's fine. You're non competitive teams playing filler in the division, no reason to create the extra rage.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think I have said this before, but I have seen this kind of situation in table top leagues before. When everyone plays maximum full frontal male nudity bash, leagues disintegrate due to apathy. The reason is, if you are playing in a balanced league and losing all the time, you are likely still handling the ball, getting MVPs, and gradually building your roster. When everyone plays murderball, then anyone who even looks at the ball gets crippled and anyone who skills up at all gets fouled out of existence. The one or two guys winning are having some fun, but the guys who lose a lot have no hope of improvement and nothing to look forward to, as anyone who skills up gets either hopelessly crippled or ganked, with any money rapidly disappearing into replacing dead players. I have no problem losing, even to bad dice (and man did I have some in Stunty), but when your roster actually gets perpetually worse than when it began and the only thing you achieve by playing is one MVP and replacing one gimped/dead player every 3-5 games with the 20-30k you get, there is not much motivation to continue. In short, if games are going 3-1/2-2/ect, then both sides are getting SPP by moving the ball and everyone makes progress on their roster, giving even the perpetual losers motivation to continue. The game has more than enough attrition without having Orc teams with 6+ POMB guys on their roster, but that's the direction the RR main league is headed. Having a bout of bad rolls just magnifies the rage and despair.

TLDR Version: The main league has too much fucking bash and people get burned out facing it all the time.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Season 3: elves only!
Elf ball is 100% bullshit. You think bash is bad? Wait until the only way you lose is 1/36. Fuck elves, and fuck elf ball.

Also, go check Whatsamattau's roster. He ain't quitting because he got bashed to bits. He's got 3 MNG's on a 11 man roster on a bash team, and all of them are AV 8. That's not entirely unsurprising considering how Chaos rolls.

And Phaz, I know we're never gonna see eye to eye, because TT players and online players generally don't, but that is absolutely not what's happening in the league. There's exactly 4 pile on players in the 40 teams currently playing. One is mine, and he hasn't gained any SPP since game 6 of season 1, the second is Vince Ratfork, who ain't exactly winning games for ZP, Djay has a third (and just got him recently, he didn't have him when I played him a couple weeks ago), and the 4th and only legitimate killer in the league belongs to Gav, who is 2-2-1.

Mighty Blow is simply the most effective way to win games. You win more games 11 on 9 than you do 11 on 11, that's a fact. I know TT guys get hung up on ball play and shit, but lemme tell you, elf ball gets fucking stupid too. I'll take a straight up fist fight over knowing there's nothing I can do to stop a safe throw thrower from chucking the ball to a NOS catcher in coverage any day of the week, and twice on sundays.

You guys can quit whenever you want, but no one that's quit so far has done so because they're getting crippled every week and can't build a team. These teams are built just fine.

All I know is d4 is fun because we have a good spread of teams, not all bash. So I'm enjoying it. d1 scares me so I'm glad I'm not going to be up there. xannder's team is barely managing to hold on.

McCheese

I just want to be clear that despite my constant bitching and moaning, I absolutely love playing in this league and I have on intention of quitting. I really enjoy my D1 (probably soon to be D2, hah) dwarf team and I'm really pleased with how they're developing. I also agree that the league is hardly bashy.

McCheese - I know the vamps have been a rage issue for you. You're playing the other fill in team this week, Restless' Underworld. If you guys wanna just admin a draw to that game, it's fine. You're non competitive teams playing filler in the division, no reason to create the extra rage.
I'm happy to play the match. Hell, it might be the one chance I have for a win since it's against a fairly stunty team. Believe it or not I do enjoy playing my vampires. I just got especially salty last night because of the absurd number of deaths + my star player getting injured so early. I should have taken a wizard.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I admin'd Littles/Dman a win since Dokomo is MIA. I advanced that division.

Everyone is on day 6. 2 games left this season before we condense the noobs into the upper divisions.

I like the cut of your jib.

I'm enjoying this game so much that I applied for the SSC league with a couple teams to get some more organized play in. I like that you only have to play a match a week.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I never said lets all play elf ball. But lets be fair here. Whenever someone asks in IRC what skill to take first, most people immediately say something along the lines of "MB unless you don't have a dirty player yet!" with me generally being the lone advocate of more general/ball handling skills like Sure Hands, Guard, Pro, Block, or Strip Ball. You don't have to be elves to play the ball. It does not even take Zons or Humans. Any roster can be worked towards scoring, it just requires a conscious choice to select something ball handling related instead of trying to skill up solely on casualties. The other thing about bash centric play is that teams that bash tend to expose themselves to injuries a lot more, as well, so it can start a huge snowball effect. Its not the injuries that burn people out, its seeing no improvement in their roster after multiple games. Its a lot more palatable to sit through a shit fest on the dice when you know that you will at least get a score and that the other guy is not trying to stab you in the balls when you are already on the ground. The frustration factor is a lot less when the guy on the other end of the double one fest knows he has something to look forward to at the end of the game for putting up with it.

Now don't get me wrong, the asshole who loads up on NoS + Safe Throw is just as big of a problem as the guy loading up on ClawMB or POMB/DP, just in the other direction. Every team should have one or two specialized hitters to keep that kind of bullshit in line. But there is a world of difference between putting tackle zones on guys and blitz blocking down key receivers versus constantly fouling and MB Blocking everything in sight while the ball lays on the ground until one side walks it in for a 1-0 win. Plus, realistically, finesse teams get shut down by controlling the ball for most of the game, which is something nearly every roster is capable of if they choose the relevant skills.

Again, I am not saying "Lets all play elves!" but even you have to have noticed the bitching about all the bash happy orcs being played and admit that its contributing to some people's burnout. I am not even really complaining for myself, because despite doing much worse than I did last season, I have had more fun in 2b thanks to the better variety in that division and most people's general willingness to play the ball. Well, aside from Funkor beating the living fuck out of me in game one, but even then he was mostly just playing the ball and I even got a skillup in that game. My concern is more about the long term health of the RR league, which I bring up because there have been comments about not wanting to play in D1 with all the bash floating around up there. Hell, I don't want to be in that division and I think I would do ok there. Any time there is more MB than block floating around, I have seen the league it was happening in crumble almost immediately. The only way to tank a league faster, in my personal experience, is for a bunch of people to suddenly decide to play Dwarves.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
If Whatsamattau is still out today (no decisions in blood bowl should be made before a good night's sleep), that means the mighty Kragg Goremaw will get his second win of the season. The relentless Ogres are looking up!
Thanks for giving me an out. I'll sleep on it some more. I'm down from kill a kitten angry, but if I had to play another turn right now, I think I'd pass.

Also, go check Whatsamattau's roster. He ain't quitting because he got bashed to bits. He's got 3 MNG's on a 11 man roster on a bash team, and all of them are AV 8. That's not entirely unsurprising considering how Chaos rolls.
No, my problem is that, in my last 2 games, I've been out-injured *badly* by an amazon team and a human team that aren't specing to injure. Yeah, I should expect to go down guys if I'm only running 11, but when I have 3 or 4 on the field when he still has 11, well, that is tough to swallow.

Add in a 1 roll on my wizard (hitting it, imho, would probably have made the game a draw), I *think* 8/9 failures on pick up rolls with no TZ's on the ball (4 re-rolls blown in process), a blitz kickoff event that goes against me, and under-performing on KO wake ups, and I'm pretty much just watching my team get farmed for SPP's. Hard to find the fun in that.

Thanks for giving me some time.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I am just doing it wrong, but I think I have only fouled two, max three times in 12 games now with this league. I killed McCheese's vampire with one and felt fucking awful afterward. Maybe I have too much heart for Blood Bowl :p While I play Nurgle and they are naturally bashy, I still have one Pestigor who has +1 MA/Pro and is 4 points from level 4, where I am going to grab another handling skill, or maybe just dodge....

That said, despite it being vs players, I haven't had anyone go after my higher level players yet, but thats probably because I am down in Div 3(4?). I am pretty sure Gavinrad would drop down just to kill my players for fun, as thats just the type of swell guy he is :p Like Phaezel, I am doing much worse this season, only 1-4, and that one was vs McCheese's ill-fated vampires. But I am enjoying the fuck out of it regardless.

Also, stupidmonkey, when are you up for Round 2 mate?

Edit: Also, is there any way to go back and look at the stat breakdown for individual games, or is that only available once the game is finished? (SPP earned, yards ran and all that)