Rerolled.org Official Blood Bowl League

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm also not at all confident about my ability to beat you.Unless you get multiple levels in this weeks match (unlikely against dwarves), you'll almost certainly have a wizard against me, and wizards have been the absolutely fucking bane of my undead in open league, plus you're norse so block everywhere. I think we can count on Cutlery staying in D1, but my performance this season is about as far from typical as it gets.
Except my dwarfs, who are seemingly made of glass. I foresee many SPPs coming to Djay.

Makkon_sl

shitlord
I really need to win against makkon this next week (despite being down 2 GRs), or I'm probably going to get dropped into one of the lower divisions. Last 3 games for me have just been a total shitshow luck wise, with the last one being the most crippling in terms of long term damage. If I win against makkon (and don't suffer any serious injuries) I'll be in an OK position for taking on xannder in week 7. It'll also most likely keep me out of the bottom 2 in division 2.
Don't worry, my team is a mess. My win against satael was a miracle and entirely based on my mad dice rolling skills. I only have a single skill on a zombie and am missing two positional players, I don't think you have too much to worry about.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Change of plans for those who were interested in spectating me and Cutlery. We're actually going to play this morning instead of waiting so more people can watch. Then if Khalan gets his game done with Moontayle quickly enough, Cutlery and Khalan can both drop from the league, join one of the spare leagues we set up for next season, and play their Week 7 match out of schedule so that neither player has to miss a match this season.

So Khalan when you read this, please try to get your match with Moontayle done asap so your game with Cutlery can be set up. For those who had their hearts set on watching the match between me and Cutlery and aren't too disappointed at not being able to watch it live, the rematch will be available on bbmanager or by request.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Rankings going into Week 6.

rrr_img_15297.jpg

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Djay - I don't like rotating D5 up as it will still be the noob division for season 2, and winning that shouldn't get you immediately punched in the dick by some of the stronger D2/D3 teams. I've got another idea for shaking up the divisions that I'll get into when I get home.
Ok, let me know what you're thinking, because I don't see a way to do that unless you plan on the next Division up switching out 6 of 8 teams every season. I really don't think there will be that big of a skill difference by that point. A lot of us in D1 were relative noobs before the season started, so there's a good chance some of these new people will take to the game quickly, as well.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Ok, let me know what you're thinking, because I don't see a way to do that unless you plan on the next Division up switching out 6 of 8 teams every season. I really don't think there will be that big of a skill difference by that point. A lot of us in D1 were relative noobs before the season started, so there's a good chance some of these new people will take to the game quickly, as well.
Oh, right.

Okay, my plan basically envisions a lower case t.

2a ---2b

I want to keep a noob division for brand new people since there's a good chance we're gonna pick up quite a few for next season. If we have a steady roster of 32+ guys and we've been playing for multiple seasons, your idea is probably fine, but I'd hate to toss the winner of D4 to the grinder in with guys like Hatorade and Xannder right away. This gives the bottom 2 a straight linear progression, while making d2 basically a 16 man division instead of 8.

4 feeds into 3, 3 demotes/promotes into 4 and 2a/b (the number of promotes would need to be decided for sure), and 2a and b both feed into 1. In addition to that, we'll just sort 2a and 2b by record, and odd numbers will go into A, and evens will go into B, this should mix up that division pretty well. 1 will get 4 guys of churn every season, 3 will get at least 4 guys of churn every season, and 4, although not seeing as much churn, will be filled out with tier 3 teams from the top guys, enabling those in d4 to learn the game, not get bashed to death, and still see a lot of different players.

I like your idea, if everyone we had was at a baseline level, but I know for a fact we're gonna get guys into this league in 2 weeks here with less than 50 hours in the game. Think about how much you knew 50 hours into this thing -- it's a long climb to even understanding how assists work, honestly.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Oh, right.

Okay, my plan basically envisions a lower case t.

2a ---2b

I want to keep a noob division for brand new people since there's a good chance we're gonna pick up quite a few for next season. If we have a steady roster of 32+ guys and we've been playing for multiple seasons, your idea is probably fine, but I'd hate to toss the winner of D4 to the grinder in with guys like Hatorade and Xannder right away. This gives the bottom 2 a straight linear progression, while making d2 basically a 16 man division instead of 8.

4 feeds into 3, 3 demotes/promotes into 4 and 2a/b (the number of promotes would need to be decided for sure), and 2a and b both feed into 1. In addition to that, we'll just sort 2a and 2b by record, and odd numbers will go into A, and evens will go into B, this should mix up that division pretty well. 1 will get 4 guys of churn every season, 3 will get at least 4 guys of churn every season, and 4, although not seeing as much churn, will be filled out with tier 3 teams from the top guys, enabling those in d4 to learn the game, not get bashed to death, and still see a lot of different players.

I like your idea, if everyone we had was at a baseline level, but I know for a fact we're gonna get guys into this league in 2 weeks here with less than 50 hours in the game. Think about how much you knew 50 hours into this thing -- it's a long climb to even understanding how assists work, honestly.
This is how I envisioned it as well when Djay introduced the idea. I like it.

I'm shocked that I've managed to hang onto 4th place thus far. I really don't want to get dropped down a division!

I'm quite surprised at how competitive all of the divisions look, with the exception for a few outliers of course. I was expecting there to be a lot more domination.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Ok, I'm ok with that, I think. Like you said, we need to discuss how promotion from 3 works. I'm not sure I like the idea of 4 teams promoting and 2 teams relegating from there every season. So, the alternative is only the last place teams from 2a and 2b demote. They'd only have 3 teams turnover each season, but I think I'm ok with that. Thoughts?

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Change of plans superhiro/xannder, I'm home the rest of the day now as I have to wait to catch a delivery so we can sneak in a game any time. I'll idle in IRC.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
WhatsAmattaU, I'm free today and tomorrow to get our game in, I really don't want to play against so much block though, so much rusting of my jimmies.

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
Reposting this here because someone linked it in IRC and it was actually very helpful for me. Whether or not you like TotalBiscuit, he does a good job explaining why you want or don't want to make certain blocks and a bit more about positioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHSq3BR35JE
TB is still a relative noob at blood bowl. If you want to watch a guy on youtube who knows what hes talking about look up cknoor. He has a twitch channel too and has been coaching some of the guys for the TGS league.

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
Dman/littles/ D3's Norse coach:- When are you looking at wanting to play? Being GMT myself I normally have to try and work out timings earlyish in the week to make sure I can make them.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I'll validate all in the morning.

Khalan, toss me a pm and lemme know when you're gonna be on today (thurs) and I'll make sure everything is set up so you can finish your season and enjoy your vacation.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
WhatsAmattaU, I'm free today and tomorrow to get our game in, I really don't want to play against so much block though, so much rusting of my jimmies.
Hey Hedeon. I am in Austria until Saturday. I played some test games and finished some while others dropped connection in the middle
frown.png

I can probably play Saturday evening or any day after. Sorry about that.

Oh, jimmies will be rustled in this one one way or another!