Rerolled.org Official Blood Bowl League

WaxedWolf_sl

shitlord
My elves drew again, couple of times I thought I may have had it, but the guys always choke when the pressure is on and Adam played it well :p
need a validation when someone can
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

satael

Silver Squire
Thanks to Hedeon for a good game that ended in a draw (you know it's going to be "an interesting" game when it starts with your opponent getting to defensive blitz you)

edit: match uploaded to BB Manager
edit2: funnily enough 1-2 were the results in my d6 rolls that were more frequent than usual while Hedeon got 5-6 (with 6 being the most common) more frequently than the average

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Gavin I will be available after 8pm PST Wednesday - Friday or we can connect over the weekend when my schedule is much more open.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
Thanks to Hedeon for a good game that ended in a draw (you know it's going to be "an interesting" game when it starts with your opponent getting to defensive blitz you)

edit: match uploaded to BB Manager
edit2: funnily enough 1-2 were the results in my d6 rolls that were more frequent than usual while Hedeon got 5-6 (with 6 being the most common) more frequently than the average
That was a bloody game there at the start, no idea why I couldn't roll like that against the two elven teams I played but it was nice to finally bash something. And while the blitz was nice, you got that pitch invasion that laid me out for a full turn pretty much.

Again, good game man!

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Hey, i am still at work until 7 est, won't get home till eight, will try to catch you around then

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Slytin/my game is done. The Death March of Nurgle marches on, wish I didn't miss the first week now
frown.png

frown.png

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Why BB sucks: When your rat ogre sabotages for 5/16 turns and fails wild animal blitz's + the loner reroll 3 timesin a row.

Why BB is awesome: Getting a +MA GR after day 3.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Why BB sucks: When your rat ogre sabotages for 5/16 turns and fails wild animal blitz's + the loner reroll 3 timesin a row.

That's why a lot of skaven players don't bother with him. The Stormvermin are perfectly serviceable blitzers, and come with none of the negatraits.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
That's why a lot of skaven players don't bother with him. The Stormvermin are perfectly serviceable blitzers, and come with none of the negatraits.
It's calculated more or less. There's the potential for him to outright cost games, but the power of getting a player who (early in a league) has MB/PO and is an injury machine can't be understated. Despite getting not getting blocks in for a big portion of the game, the rat ogre put up 2 CAS + 2-3 KOs - including a tense moment where a Wardancer injury roll got to be rerolled.

satael

Silver Squire
In my opinion rat ogre is great for holding down a couple of players from the opposing team; the tail means that even the dodgier teams will fail a dodge sometimes and the str means that the bash teams actually have to take time to bash through your frontline. It's not usually worth it to try and blitz with the rat ogre (unless the target is worth it and near the edge so you can frenzy them out)

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
It's calculated more or less. There's the potential for him to outright cost games, but the power of getting a player who (early in a league) has MB/PO and is an injury machine can't be understated. Despite getting not getting blocks in for a big portion of the game, the rat ogre put up 2 CAS + 2-3 KOs - including a tense moment where a Wardancer injury roll got to be rerolled.
There's a flipside to this, and it's what Djay and I talked about after the game with me. He spent 140k to get that Yhetee (or whatever Yhetees cost, they're about the same as Rat Ogres), and that is a significant expenditure. Now he is in the situation where his Yhetee is MNG - and will be replaced with a journeyman lineman. That's a huge TV and strength change caused by one injury. He's really lucky that the 2 deaths came on other players and not on the Yhetee, or he'd be pretty much fucked for good. Yes, you get 5 str, yes you get MB or Claw, but you're putting essentially 3 players worth of TV and cash into him. There's a large reward there, but it's also very high risk, especially with the AV 8 big guys (Rat, Yhetee, Mino). The AV 9 ones are more durable, and Trolls are more durable yet, but I won't include a Troll in my roster until I have 12 stable players, and enough cash to buy a Black Orc or Blitzer should one die.

The thing to remember is that the big guys are all balanced around your team being the same with them as without them. In that case, and with how wildly unpredictable the game is, I feel it's better to err on the side of caution and not get bent over early on should you take a bad injury or death on your big guy (which, if you're playing good players, is going to happen the second they hit the dirt).

It's great that you're having good success with him, but as he gets more powerful, you'll start seeing people saying "You know...this team would be a lot easier to deal with if I just fouled that guy out..." And AV 8 isn't that hard to do that to.

Makkon_sl

shitlord

What also sucks about BB is when you basically fail every single armor roll and injury roll and you end the game with only 3 players on the pitch

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
What also sucks about BB is when you basically fail every single armor roll and injury roll and you end the game with only 3 players on the pitch
BB manager says you only failed 37% of your armor rolls last game.

Now, against Xannder in week 2? Jesus, 54%, you've got a right to complain about that one.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
There's a flipside to this, and it's what Djay and I talked about after the game with me. He spent 140k to get that Yhetee (or whatever Yhetees cost, they're about the same as Rat Ogres), and that is a significant expenditure. Now he is in the situation where his Yhetee is MNG - and will be replaced with a journeyman lineman. That's a huge TV and strength change caused by one injury. He's really lucky that the 2 deaths came on other players and not on the Yhetee, or he'd be pretty much fucked for good. Yes, you get 5 str, yes you get MB or Claw, but you're putting essentially 3 players worth of TV and cash into him. There's a large reward there, but it's also very high risk, especially with the AV 8 big guys (Rat, Yhetee, Mino). The AV 9 ones are more durable, and Trolls are more durable yet, but I won't include a Troll in my roster until I have 12 stable players, and enough cash to buy a Black Orc or Blitzer should one die.

The thing to remember is that the big guys are all balanced around your team being the same with them as without them. In that case, and with how wildly unpredictable the game is, I feel it's better to err on the side of caution and not get bent over early on should you take a bad injury or death on your big guy (which, if you're playing good players, is going to happen the second they hit the dirt).

It's great that you're having good success with him, but as he gets more powerful, you'll start seeing people saying "You know...this team would be a lot easier to deal with if I just fouled that guy out..." And AV 8 isn't that hard to do that to.
It's definitely high risk/high reward. I would argue however that taking a risk is rewarded in being able to build up your big guy far more safely. Once the other teams you're playing have enough depth to have multiple killers + dirty player, you have to be far more conservative in how you use your big guys. There's also the idea that getting an early basher on a team that normally doesn't bash (and is fragile) has the potential of saving you money in the long run. Taking players out of the game = less blocks sustained on your rats = less rats to replace.

It's really just a choice that has wild variability. Your big guy could die on day 1, costing you a ton of money + setting you back several games. Or your big guy could live, power up early, and be level 4 by day 7 and have indirectly saved you 200-300k by preventing injuries.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
BB manager says you only failed 37% of your armor rolls last game.

Now, against Xannder in week 2? Jesus, 54%, you've got a right to complain about that one.
Like my 53% and 100% Injury against you last night? Jackass.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Like my 53% and 100% Injury against you last night? Jackass.
Well, injury rolls are always 100%, because if you break armor you have to make an injury roll, therefore you always "make" the injury roll. It's a kind of misleading stat.

However, AV 7 is 42% to break armor, and I dunno how many of those were caused with MB or not (I did make a point to always try to blitz with that MB blitzer, but I know a missed a few due to circumstance), so with that included (MB would be 58% to break armor), it's not entirely out of line.