Reserve a spot in hell for this guy

Sterling

El Presidente
Karma would be this guy actually getting cancer while spending the rest of his life in prison. Seriously wtf.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
My state is so fucked up.
frown.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's not exactly a fear of this crazy why I don't trust doctors implicitly, but more that they are only human and have human flaws. They still get really pissed when I ask what each and every test measures, how successful it is and what it will be used for.

Most seem to want to be Jiffy Lube of people maintenance and you really have to be your own advocate or else you can end up like these people.

To some degree many doctors in my experience like to perpetuate the "fraud" of TEST FOR EVERYTHING EVERY TIME! partly because of liability issues and partly for billables and partly for standard procedure to scatter gun prevention.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they didn't have real illnesses why give them real treatments? That shit costs money.

Placebos for everyone!

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Proper sentence: kill him slowly with repeated chemo. For great justice.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If they didn't have real illnesses why give them real treatments? That shit costs money.

Placebos for everyone!
If only he had chosen religion as a vehicle for his scheme instead of medicine he would have been ok.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's fucked up, I hope they take every single penny he has and disperses it to the victims/families at the very least.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So I take it none of his victims got second opinions? I've never been diagnosed with a serious illness, but you can be damn sure if a doctor told me I had cancer or some other major issue and recommended a course of treatment, I'd be getting a second opinion pretty quickly. My aunt was recently diagnosed with cancer and that was the first advice everyone in my family gave her (which she followed, and was given the same diagnosis).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Unfortunately, it does appear that many, if not all of his patients, did not get second opinions. I am of the same mind that I would get one if I was facing some serious potential terminal illness.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd get a second opinion for sure but only because my wife has seen how bad some doctors can be. Some of the shit she has seen coming from doctors or other hospitals is scary.