Resident Evil 3 Remake (April 2020)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Kind of surprising that this game is only 2.5 months away and we haven’t seen more gameplay or another trailer. By this point RE2 had a ton of trailers and even extended gameplay segments revealed.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Tony is demoing Resident Evil REsistance now, stream just started up around 8:20pm EST

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

'Deep sale or rental' which is exactly what I expected after playing the somewhat lackluster demo, and knowing that RE3 was never going to have the replayability of RE2. Mr. X got a bit annoying after a while in RE2... Nemesis was annoying the instant he appeared in the demo.

Also, Julia Voth should have been Jill again. Random Russian model was a big downgrade. The redesigned Nemesis looks as goofy in game as he did on the cover art too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1585671564088.jpeg

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I'll bite the bullet this time. I'm struggling to finish RE2 remake, and not because of difficulty. I don't think the gameplay style holds up (CONSTANT backtracking, bullet sponge enemies w/ super limited ammo). Just my opinion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
My body is ready

for the nude mods

The RE2 ones were good.

I don't think I'll bite the bullet this time. I'm struggling to finish RE2 remake, and not because of difficulty. I don't think the gameplay style holds up (CONSTANT backtracking, bullet sponge enemies w/ super limited ammo). Just my opinion.

I played through RE2 remake legit the first time on PS4, but when I got it on PC the first thing I did was install a ammo mod. The game was frankly a lot more enjoyable to me when I could walk around blasting zombies with whatever weapon I felt like and didn't have to worry about wasting. The game was also a lot faster haha.

• 1Like

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I enjoyed it and will probably replay it a couple times, but I'm a sucker for RE games.

I definitely fucked myself playing as Carlos though. I
totally just ran past Brad and because of that didnt get his keycard so I missed out on a lot of ammo

Haven't tried the multiplayer outside of the beta, seemed ok. Probably be fun for a week or two with my brother.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So after playing through this twice:

I’m not sure if this game incorporates the same dynamic difficulty (ie cheating) that RE2 did. After playing it long enough, handling basic zombies does get easier.

Dodge mechanic is a decent addition and functions much better than what it was in the original. Problem is, it still requires damn near perfect timing and there’s not much of a visual cue that you need to tap the dodge button. To the point that there’s a bonus item you can eventually get that makes it easier to execute a dodge. I think I still prefer the defense items of the RE2 remake.

Nemesis is just as persistent and an adrenaline rush as he was in the original. Only real complaint I had while trying to run from him is that the camera prevents you from seeing him attacking from behind, rendering the dodge function again basically useless. You can try to listen for his attacks, but it has yet to work for me.

My basic, overall gripe with the game is that regular enemies seem to be more difficult to fight than bosses. I found dodges during boss fights to be somewhat easier than with normal foes, when it should be the other way around: dodging and fighting regular enemies should be preparing you to use these skills on bosses.

This complaint is perfectly embodied by the
Hunter Betas
. I died so many times to their one hit death attacks, it was ridiculous. Doesn’t even matter if you’re at full health, unlike the original game where you had to at least be in orange status. Even as difficult as RE2 remake could have been at times, they at least had the decency to only give one enemy a one hit KO attack, and that was the final boss and you didn’t need a capricious dodge mechanic to avoid it. I guess the Ivy zombies had a 1 hit ko as well but they had to touch you, which never happened to me on a single platythrough, not even on my very first try.

The game’s difficulty is bipolar but overall a very fun experience and worth $60. Mercifully a vast majority of the unlockable bonus goodies don’t depend on you having to get an S+ Hardcore run in less than 2 hours like the previous release.

Im about to pass out: I’ll input my thoughts on story and characters and any other random things tomorrow.

• 1Like