Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021)

Goatface

1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021)

Genre: Horror, Action, Mystery

Director: Johannes Roberts

Cast: Robbie Amell, Hannah John-Kamen, Avan Jogia, Kaya Scodelario, Tom Hopper, Lily Gao, Holly de Barros, Chad Rook, Neal McDonough, Donal Logue, Janet Porter, Josh Cruddas, Sammy Azero, Marina Mazepa, Nathan Dales, Dylan Taylor, Carson Manning, Darren W. Marynuk, Stephannie Hawkins

Release: 2021-11-24

Plot: Once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company’s exodus left the city a wasteland…with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, the townspeople are forever…changed…and a small group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night.

Goatface

1630809484644.png
1630809503708.png

1630809582683.png

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can feel it, this one is going to turn that whole shitty franchise around!

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I like Robbie Amell, the two chicks I've enjoyed in various things, and I didn't totally hate any RE movie no matter how bad it was...so I'm not gonna lie, I'll end up watching it fairly soon after I can pirate it, and will probably enjoy it more than a lot of shit I've watched over the years.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This looks delightfully terrible, like Monster Hunter terrible. I really enjoyed not liking that movie because whooooooooooooo-boy that movie is fucking terrible.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I can't.. I fucking lost it at

I know its 4 non blondes, but its just one of those things that can't be unseen.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
iirc they also race changed Wesker, hes now black. Wonder if he will still be laughably evil as a result.

Err nm that was the recent Netflix Resident Evil.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Wow, that trailer looks terrible.

The main white guy was in Code8 and is your typical B-movie actor Chad. I could not finish Code8. I didn't mind his other recent sci-fi movie ARQ but it was the premise that held my interest, definitely not the actor.

I have watched just about every shitty Resident Evil movie to date, I think, including the computer animated ones.

I believe I will skip this one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The film series is undergoing a hard reboot. For that reason this movie is a skip for me-- it's ran it's course. It's not for my gen anymore, and not the franchise I grew up with.

On the Netflix side, live action RE is in production for later this year. Milla Jovovich said she's down to reprise for Netflix 100%. This movie is a reboot, so if she reprises it's going to be Netflix.

Resident Evil was always such a wonderful part of my life. I love Alice and I love the franchise... and I love Netflix! So, I mean, there doesn't seem to be a downside.

Would be funny if Netflix shits on this film series reboot by casting Milla in a major feature role for the live-action Netflix series. That would really let the air out of the tires on this film attempt and pretty much kill off the movies legitimacy. So far, no dice though. But it can still happen, and there are murmurings about it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The only thing that really (for me) makes the RE movies enjoyable is Alice's over the top combat skills. From the trailer, this looks pretty fucking basic and not interesting at all. And really? The guy munching on a corpse and slowly looking back over his shoulder (from the first game)? Yawn.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched this out of pure boredom. Since the reviews were so bad I didnt expect much. The first hour was actually pretty good but the third act really ruined the movie. The final villain was very lame and the CGI was so terrible. Dont regret watching it but definitely wouldnt watch again. Since its only 90 mins its fine if you got nothing else to do.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well here's the problem: It was made on Netflix and Netflix don't give a shit about adaptations, just look at Cowboy Bebop, they view the fans with distain.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database