So how does this game look?

Fuck off, we got a nerd fight going on.

nerd-fight.gif

• 6Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't do a lot of survival games, but dwarves reclaiming a lost hold is the sort of premise I can get behind. I'm looking forward to it.
How is it lost? They know exactly where it is.

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Will you finally be able to make racially diverse Dwarves? Like tall ones, Asian ones, ones with handicaps or even body type 2 ones with unique pronouns?

If no, not sure what the point of exploring this backwards Drumpf Mountain is.

Goonsquad Officer
Will you finally be able to make racially diverse Dwarves? Like tall ones, Asian ones, ones with handicaps or even body type 2 ones with unique pronouns?

If no, not sure what the point of exploring this backwards Drumpf Mountain is.
Imma make one of them dwarves with the weird splotchey skin plague

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
So this is coming out next week, right? What's the word on it? Is it going to suck? Have not been seeing much hype but my gaming crew is pretty excited about it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
MusicForFish MusicForFish we playing this for a drunk gaming weekend? I can go from cutting trees to mining rocks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Word is that it is a pretty mediocre open world survival game with a LOTR skin. Valheim is a much better experience at half the price.

Have not played it yet but my understanding is: Combat is tedious. You can only dig in certain areas. You can only build inside your base area (I think this is linked to your hearth). No dedicated server support (LOL).

I wanted this to be good but it sounds like it needs some more time in the oven. For $40 it's a hard pass from me.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Word is that it is a pretty mediocre open world survival game with a LOTR skin. Valheim is a much better experience at half the price.

Have not played it yet but my understanding is: Combat is tedious. You can only dig in certain areas. You can only build inside your base area (I think this is linked to your hearth). No dedicated server support (LOL).

I wanted this to be good but it sounds like it needs some more time in the oven. For $40 it's a hard pass from me.
Yep. I havent heard anything other than this is a cash grab.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Both LOTR games flopped this year. Right on saves me money.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I took one for the team so you don't have to and tried this out since some of my bros are into it. You're constantly being attacked and combat is really tedious. I refunded it after just under a couple of hours because I thought it was just annoying.

I could see major fans of LotR universe sticking with it just for how it brings it to life but I was turned off. I'd be willing to take a look at it again in 6-12 months to see how it has developed, hopefully on Steam and on sale.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Other than screen caps, I havent been able to find much. :/
I watched a few twitch streams of it. It looks extremely grindy and repetitive. And not in a "grinding toward advancement" sort of way. Just repetitive grinding like a mouse clicker.

I was unimpressed.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I wanted to circle back on this one to say I was wrong. Some friends of mine convinced me to give this a second look, which I did, and I have had a blast. I have been delighted several times by what we have encountered along the way through this story and game loop is pretty good. Here are some details:

Good:
- Good graphics
- Stable
- Fairly deep crafting system
- Lots of quality of life. E.g. if anything is on a pallet or in a box in your base and you are also in your base and attempt to craft something, it will pull from your inventory. Any time you tear something down, you get all mats back. You can create map stones for fast travel to wherever you want.
- Fun progression through the story.
- Lots of cool touches.

Needs improvement:
- Day/night cycles too fast
- Buffs too short
- Combat a little janky sometimes

I think if you are a LotR fan, this is a no-brainer purchase. If you're meh on LotR but like the genre, I wouldn't say that pushes the genre but it's good enough to purchase on sale.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users