Revolution

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I do like how they spent the entire first half of the season trying to rescue Danny, and then kill him off the episode right after they rescue him. But, I suppose now that Pretty Boy #2 has defected and will be able to join them, they no longer have room for Pretty Boy #1. Their merry band of rebels only has room for one of each type of cliche!

Also:
"It's a long story."
"It's complicated."
"Not now."

Just once I'd love to have there be an instance on one of these shows where the characters not in the know beat the shit out of the one who has all the answers but decides it's really not that important to sit down with everyone and let them know what the hell is actually going on. It is such a weak and unrealistic plot device.

I have to admit to innapropriate laughter at the tragic death scene as the chick tries to do CPR on someone that just had 6 vulcan cannon rounds go right through their chest ;p
The part that had me laugh is that, apparently advertising is so pervasive in this world that even with cars not working for 15 years, we'll still refer to them by make and model. Gotta work that product placement in somehow, I suppose.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To be fair, even in our timeline when they said cutlass ciera (or was it jeep sierra?) I instantly had an image in my head of that pos. Some makes and models stay famous, or infamous. Ford pinto anyone?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
And its not like it was a young dude who said it. It was someone who you would expect to remember the cars.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I read an article with the creator kripke, who said they were going to have the mom explain the blackout fully.

It must be a really long fucking story if she can't find time in the (likely) 1-2 day hike from Philadelphia to wherever the fuck they went before splitting up. Considering it took ~12 hours on horseback, and they have the fat whiner with them, I'm sure it took closer to 2 days. (Er, forgot they had a carriage; yet still probably 15-18 hours in transit).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So if that amplifier was on that chopper, does that mean monroe lost his power amulet doohickey?. Wasnt that kind of a big risk to take?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if that amplifier was on that chopper, does that mean monroe lost his power amulet doohickey?. Wasnt that kind of a big risk to take?
Yup, execept luckily for them Randall Flagg showed up to bring them more power. Deus Ex Machina baby.

Nazlug

Trakanon Raider
Based on no other posts, I guess no one watched this week? It was a actually one of the better episodes. They started explaining a little of the how and why the power went off. Just enough to pique my curiosity and tune in next week. If this show was kind of interesting to you before, i recommend checking this last episode out.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Based on no other posts, I guess no one watched this week? It was a actually one of the better episodes. They started explaining a little of the how and why the power went off.Just enough to pique my curiosity and tune in next week. If this show was kind of interesting to you before, i recommend checking this last episode out.
They've done this in at least 4 episodes--they explain a little, but the carefully avoid any "meat". It's really just become too frustrating. They know that sci fi element is the only thing a lot of people tune in for, so they continue to dangle it out there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i completely forgot this was on this week. ill watch it tonight and share my thoughts. wonder what part of star wars they reference tonight.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looks like they ditched the star wars references and went in favor of a darker tone with much higher bodycount and less weepy eyes. This weeks episode, is actually good.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I actually liked the explanation for what caused the blackout.
while i'm glad they explained it, it's a bit too easy and does not totally work for me. The blackout happened over the entire planet almost instantaneously. So these microbes/machines went all wonky and replicated at such a rate that they covered the entire planet in a matter of nanoseconds?? then we see them in a little microscope camera shot (which i was happy they did) but they do not look like a super condensed cloud of organisms, they look pretty spread out and it looks like they are not replicating... so hence they replicated to a specific point and stopped?
Just seems like these "machines" should be super condensed because of the replication and because in theory they covered the earth that fast that replication would be massive.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
while i'm glad they explained it, it's a bit too easy and does not totally work for me. The blackout happened over the entire planet almost instantaneously. So these microbes/machines went all wonky and replicated at such a rate that they covered the entire planet in a matter of nanoseconds?? then we see them in a little microscope camera shot (which i was happy they did) but they do not look like a super condensed cloud of organisms, they look pretty spread out and it looks like they are not replicating... so hence they replicated to a specific point and stopped?
Just seems like these "machines" should be super condensed because of the replication and because in theory they covered the earth that fast that replication would be massive.
I was under the impression that they already were all over the world because they escaped or got out of containment. They have two commands, reproduce and absorb electricity. I'm thinking when the blackout hit that they simply sent the absorb command. Since the things were everywhere the electricity was knocked out everywhere. This also shows that the amulets make sense. I think your looking way to much in the parts per million or whatever from one shot of a microscope.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why the spoilers tag? The show already aired. The electricity virus I thought were already spread out before the big blackout. it just took the tower to activate it. I think

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just saw it today. Not at all impressed with the explanation, because it doesn't answer the thing that I've been asking ever since fatboy's amulet made the light house generator start running, and has really been bothering me since the helicopters took off. What about gas? i had pretty much convinced myself that these amulets magically created power and eliminated the need for normal maintenance. But now that we know what's going on, that's out the fucking window.

Also, i'm still slightly bothered by the lack of diesel engines, which do not require a spark to run. Though, before they started using cars and choppers, I had convinced myself that diesels probably did work, but no one could make more diesel fuel.

Oh and did she say the microbes sucked electricity, or energy? Cause I thought she said energy, and if that's the case, they should have lost fire too. Sucking up electricity and not all forms of energy seems unlikely. Oh yeah, and lightning. I guess lightning is too much energy for them to absorb?

It occurred to me that since they're not replicating anymore, eventually the lights will come back on as the things stop working. I wonder what the expected life of those things are. 15 years is quite a long time for most machines.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am normally not one that gets bothered by most plot holes. Heck, I'm so gullible that I don't even really see them half the time. With that said, it's these "wow all of a sudden no tech" story lines just drive me crazy. There are just too many work arounds that you would never be able to 100% kill every modern convenience. An EMP would definitely take out most electronic things, but the internal combustion engine primarily would still be around. Like you said, diesel engines would work perfectly fine in this world, and yet they somehow don't.

However, this storyline has a decent enough plot line that I can mostly ignore the driver of said plot. It's just too bad they just didn't do a fallout scenario and kept the same factions in play. Could have done the same story for the most part. Also, it's too bad they didn't make Randall a third level of complexity and introduce a third faction that actually has the most power of all. Instead, they just have him run to Monroe and be his bitch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im pretty sure they are hinting that Randall is related somehow to randall flagg from The Stand. the episode with the black librarian, his library seemed to be full of only 2 categories. biographical and stephen king books. there was even a guy borrowing The Stand and the black dude tells him, thats a good one its about the end of the world.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
im pretty sure they are hinting that Randall is related somehow to randall flagg from The Stand. the episode with the black librarian, his library seemed to be full of only 2 categories. biographical and stephen king books. there was even a guy borrowing The Stand and the black dude tells him, thats a good one its about the end of the world.
They are similar characters and that scene in the library is an obvious tip of the hat to King. The motivation on the other hand of the two characters couldn't be more different.