Revolution

Sean_sl

shitlord
Their plot device for how the power went out is still pretty dumb, but this series would have been 1000x better if they had led with that right off instead of keeping the cat in the bag for so damned long. Of course as said before, this series should have just led with Miles' and Monroe's adventures right as the power went out to begin with and nothing else.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't consider 13 episodes as so damned long. After watching Lost and BSG, it's actually a relief they did it so quickly. I do agree that the Miles and Monroe show would have been better.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They are similar characters and that scene in the library is an obvious tip of the hat to King. The motivation on the other hand of the two characters couldn't be more different.
aye, still there feels like they were going with something more there, i guess they just wanted to cement how "evil" randall is.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know whether it's the fact that the show has lowered my expectations this much or just because the episode heavily featured Giancarlo Esposito, but I thought this week's episode was perhaps the best episode the show has had. I especially liked the part with Neville's son, because the idea of the son being fooled enough to free Neville just seemed like the stupid sort of thing they would've done at the beginning of the season. I really never saw the reversal coming.

Though, I did find it amusing how there has been all this build-up to why the power has gone out and they give a 10 second explanation to the nanobots. I appreciate getting answers, but you'd think there would've been a little more lead-up to this "virus" when there has been zero indication up until now that that's what they were working on.

Just saw it today. Not at all impressed with the explanation, because it doesn't answer the thing that I've been asking ever since fatboy's amulet made the light house generator start running, and has really been bothering me since the helicopters took off. What about gas? i had pretty much convinced myself that these amulets magically created power and eliminated the need for normal maintenance. But now that we know what's going on, that's out the fucking window.
My first thought was that the amulets must work by interrupting the "absorb electricity" signal of the nanobots, but that doesn't really make a ton of sense when you think about the fact that it seems to instantaneously power up anything that they are near, even iPhones that wouldn't hold a charge for 15 years. There's also the question of why they would make these amulets in the first place if they believed these were a localized weapon.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
this weeks episode was pre-empted for me by people endlessly saying they don't have any further info on what happened in boston or who did it. Did it air earlier for some people? Looks like they're playing the same episode again for us next week, so I guess I'll be a week behind for the rest of the season.

PS, the terrorists interrupted TV, that means they won.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
My first thought was that the amulets must work by interrupting the "absorb electricity" signal of the nanobots, but that doesn't really make a ton of sense when you think about the fact that it seems to instantaneously power up anything that they are near, even iPhones that wouldn't hold a charge for 15 years.
The only way I see them working is if they effectively force the nanobots to reverse and their stolen energy flows into nearby objects.

satael

Silver Squire
The only way I see them working is if they effectively force the nanobots to reverse and their stolen energy flows into nearby objects.
Unless they are super-intelligent nanobots that somehow know what is a battery that would just lead to alot of fried circuits etc (and possibly people if the amount of electricity released was strong enough and sustained for any period of time). But then again it's magic (as opposed to more sci-fi like approach) so anything goes.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Well, remember that when they discovered this stuff, they were working on a way to make free energy for everyone. So maybe the amulet has nothing to do with the nanobots other than creating an energy source they can't suck up. They haven't told us how the amulets work yet have they? I think all we've seen is that they can be remotely activated and tracked.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Unless they are super-intelligent nanobots that somehow know what is a battery that would just lead to alot of fried circuits etc (and possibly people if the amount of electricity released was strong enough and sustained for any period of time). But then again it's magic (as opposed to more sci-fi like approach) so anything goes.
Considering humans require electricity for our heart to beat etc and they are still alive in the show, you can't base it solely on real physics =P.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't tell if this episode was supposed to give Monroe some depth or make him even more two-dimensional. Regardless, at this point, they might as well have him grow a mustache so he can twirl it while coming up with his nefarious deeds.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i liked how he goes all the way back to his home town to take hostages and draw in miles then, says to his flunkes as he watches miles kill his other men and run into the burning building to rescue chesty mcgee and the other townies, "make sure he doesnt come back out of there" and then buggers off. i was like wtf, you arent going to oversee his death personally? wasnt that the whole fucking point of you going there?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also like how Miles single handedly takes out the entire Monroe Militia that was at the town with ease, by himself, hiding behind a piece of TIN from flying bullets. Then all of a sudden their aim sucks for five seconds right around the Hostage situation, and then gets good again once Monroe leaves. God this show is so laughable on so many levels.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My favorite part is where Monroe after getting babydaddy news points the fucking gun at her shoulder. Hello people, take the fucking shot!!!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So is this getting a second season?

TrainWreck1.gif

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think its because people just leave their TVs on the same channel after watching The Voice, and walk away,lol.