Revolution

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The nanobots? Werent they originally developed as a free energy source?
Yes. From what we've seen they can store power, and then deliver it universally as per the programing/control of whatever is giving them orders. A lot of handwaving, of course, but that seems to be the gist of it--we know there is software that can understand the power needs of all equipment (Lockets), so that's probably what the tower is using.

What I don't get...will they run out? Do they generate their own?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hopefully they don't turn the power back off at the last second to stop the ICBMs or something, that would be retarded as fuck and this show will infinitely more interesting with the power back on.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so is this show worth watching or is it another flash forward, V, etc
It got a lot better from the start. I'm actually enjoying it and it's going to be back for another season. It really depends on your willing suspension of disbelief of some of the "science". If you can accept tv physics and science it's not too bad for a post apocalyptic network show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the show had the most laughably bad beginning. you could accurately predict what was going to happen in each episode. then right before the mid season break, i guess when they realized they hadnt been cancelled yet. the show grew a fucking brain and a pair of balls and started to become a serious scifi drama. if it has started out the way it finished, it would probably the show of the year for geeks. it still needs to settle some of its bad writing and acting habits but if they can do that, i think their second season could really cement itself as a badass TV show.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I thought the bit with Monroe standing in the field seeing all the lightning was a clever device to apply consistency with the stored energy concept. The show started off terrible but has since grown up a bit so we'll see where it goes. I think it still raises more questions than answers but like others have said if you just shut your brain off for a bit it's not too bad.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I liked the ending except for the "Surprise, the government is back bitches" aspect. I almost felt like having that guy sending communications back and forth with the President would have been cool. Like have him do it once in episode 2 and never mention it so the ending isn't - "Hey, we got renewed so we made some shit up!"

satael

Silver Squire
It seems the series got going once they got past all the muskets and other "limitations" they had in place at the start of the show (by the last episode they are using railguns so they might have actually overshot it a bit)

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Pretty good finale. I hope they don't press the "reset button" -- also hope Philly and Georgia actually do get nuked. That would be pretty ballsy.

AND, looks like Romney eventually DID become president:

rrr_img_28371.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought he looked like romney too. And did we ever see a picture of 0 in that bunker? Maybe they're saying if 0 hadn't been elected, this is what would have happened.

Anyway, did the nanobots create free bullets too? Cause they never seemed to reload or run out in the last few episodes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The picture in the bunker is of GWB. Not sure if that was meant to be some kind of snarky political commentary on who would approve such a dangerous weapon or what.

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
I thought he looked like romney too. And did we ever see a picture of 0 in that bunker? Maybe they're saying if 0 hadn't been elected, this is what would have happened.
Yeah, there was a picture of him on the wall o presidents, it was all the way on the right. Too lazy to find a screen cap, but I'm positive I saw him.

Of all the things to nitpick this show....

Now here it is 15 years after the blackout. I assume there has been no popular election and yet there is still a president? Maybe one of you political guys can explain the process that would have to take place in the case of mass anarchy. Would the president maintain power for over 15 years since he didn't technically serve 4 years "in office?" Is this just going to be some power hungry guy that demands respect even though no one has voted for him in over 15 years? Just putting this out there since it's going to be several months before I care again.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty good finale. I hope they don't press the "reset button" -- also hope Philly and Georgia actually do get nuked. That would be pretty ballsy.
I'm sort of anticipating what Sean said: They decide they have to turn the power back off to save everyone in Atlanta and Philadelphia. Having the power back on really shifts the entire idea of the show, so I'd be surprised to see them go in that direction. I actually hope they do though, because that would show they're not going to keep playing it so safe.

Now here it is 15 years after the blackout. I assume there has been no popular election and yet there is still a president? Maybe one of you political guys can explain the process that would have to take place in the case of mass anarchy. Would the president maintain power for over 15 years since he didn't technically serve 4 years "in office?" Is this just going to be some power hungry guy that demands respect even though no one has voted for him in over 15 years? Just putting this out there since it's going to be several months before I care again.
I suppose the question is does someone really have a legitimate claim to the presidency when the country no longer even actually exists? Could be this guy is just the head of United States Colony and is just another Monroe/Foster.

Arative

Vyemm Raider

Since it was an American colony, I suppose we can assume that elections and such were being held but who knows. Could be like an FDR thing, keep in power during times of crisis.

I just assumed that they would turn the power back off to kill the nukes, don't think the writers have the balls to nuke a couple of American cities, nor would NBC let them

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They can always turn the power back off long enough to stop the nukes, then turn it back on. I know there'd be tons of other issues to go along with that, such as then they'd splode and blow up somewhere else. But the writers have shown distaste for thinking things through up to this point. I don't expect them to start now. Maybe they'll turn the power off while they're in space, and ignore that satellites were working perfectly all this time and just say the nukes floated off into the universe.