Rick and Morty

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes, in the Gravity Falls thread.
All the recent posts were about Gravity Falls

I read something last night saying that there will be more crossover between Gravity Falls and Rick and Morty next season. Sounds cool.
Well shit, I guess I have to get started on that show then. Is it pretty good? I have never seen a single second of it except for that portal scene which links to Rick and Morty.
Definitely more kidsey than Rick and Morty - but overall pretty solid. I'd put it in a similar category with Futurama maybe?
To add - Season 2 is far more episodic than Season 1 which is almost entirely one-offs. So depending on how you feel about stuff it might be worth starting at the last couple S1 eps and then catching up on S1 later or not.
I wouldn't recommend skipping any episodes, honestly. The whole thing is gold

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I love Gravity Falls.The wait between episodes is turbogay though. I wouldn't put it on the same level as Rick and Morty, but for sure better and funnier than almost all tv out there. And certainly one of the best animated shows out there.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oltVH57.jpg

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'm not sure if procedural generated worlds is the best way to go for a show whose greatest strength is its storytelling and humor. Back to the Future, Futurama, Ghostbusters, and even Harvey Birdman had games that did a great job recreating the feel of the source material and they did it by guiding you through a planned experience that told a story. I would hate for a Rick & Morty game to feature repetitive exploration and grinding with a few humorous quips that you'd end up hearing over and over.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It would be some humorous outtakes of the first episode's "I've never seen that before in my life Morty, I dunno what the hell it is!" over and over and over. I can definitely see it getting super monotonous very quickly.

Thankfully, the linked video doesn't even sort of hint that any such game is in the works, and is more just "Hey wouldn't it be cool if No Man's Sky had rick and morty shit attached?!?!" type conversation.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It would be some humorous outtakes of the first episode's "I've never seen that before in my life Morty, I dunno what the hell it is!" over and over and over. I can definitely see it getting super monotonous very quickly.

Thankfully, the linked video doesn't even sort of hint that any such game is in the works, and is more just "Hey wouldn't it be cool if No Man's Sky had rick and morty shit attached?!?!" type conversation.
We need some one with the Rick and Morty Dota 2 announcer pack to comment on this.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun, just that neither of those games are procedurally generated with "endless" content attached. The South Park game was effectively like an 8 hour hilarious south park episode, so it was great. But it has some pretty limited replay value. Dota 2's announcer pack is like an hour? Or something similar of unique statements about what people are doing. Far cry from limitless content. Since the vast majority of the humor comes from the unique interactions between the characters and "scripted" events (Yeah, I know that a lot of Roiland's stuff is him just being drunk and recording audio and saying hilarious shit) but it would be totally different for them to have that type of unique sort of humor on -every- dimension/planet/whatever. Not saying that it couldn't be done, but just saying that for simplicity's sake they'd have to make many of the statements super generic, which would take away from the humor.

Granted, I could be wrong. I'd play it regardless, but I would be surprised if the level of quality was maintained after multiple dimensions/worlds/whatever have been visited, and that material wasn't being reused fairly often. "Endless" content has a bad habit of being bland content, hah.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Announced today that Gravity Falls ends after this season. The creator says it was planned alla long but he was just talking about this big crossover with Rick and Morty in season 3 so it seems more likely it was canned.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They do that sometimes with even the best shows. Networks milk the fuck out of reruns.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Announced today that Gravity Falls ends after this season. The creator says it was planned alla long but he was just talking about this big crossover with Rick and Morty in season 3 so it seems more likely it was canned.
If you read his post on the subject - it doesn't rule out a return to the show or spin-offs. I had a bad feeling once they got a third high profile voice actor for the show that they couldn't continue it indefinitely though. [Although I was a super recent fan]

The post also caps with a cypher, but I'm too lazy to work on it.

PQXV TBFOA - supposedly translates to Stay Weird if the intertubes are to be trusted.

Also note the articles I read on the crossover concept wasn't limited to one show or the other - I always had a feeling it would be GF -> R&M and not the reverse anyhow, since R&M made PG doesn't work some PG added to R&M however can still function. And considering Hirsch doesn't consider the world dead - there's still room to do such. Just would be an addition to R&M and other shows (or new ones) if it happens.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Code is just sliding all letter's numerically three places forward, with Z preceding A. P-Q-R-S, Q-R-S-T, etc etc.

I haven't checked out Gravity Falls, though Chaos is usually talking about it positively compared to Rick and Morty.

iannis

Musty Nester
Gravity is also on my steal list. I just haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

Like a fine wine, I feel it should age before I consume it.