Rick and Morty

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
TBF there are some episodes I really loved and some I really hated. Of course my favorites are the twisted hivemind episode and beth/jerry couples counseling and Rixty Minutes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the TV episodes are my least favorite, but like Homsar said, even the worst episodes have plenty of great moments. And the worst episodes on R&M are better than the best episodes of 90% of what else is out there.

• 1Like

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah I don't see the appeal of the interdimensional TV stuff at all. Don't think I laughed once when watching it - but the b-plots in both episodes were pretty good, so meh. No show nails every episode.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
"Get Schwifty" is the only episode I didn't particularly enjoy. But "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" is probably one of my top all-time favorite TV episodes of any show.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
cme3hdj.gif

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure they did the season 2 TV episode out of spite.

It's good to have contempt for your audience!

• 1Like

Azrayne

Nah Harmon just spends too much time letting the reddit/tvtropes echochambers suck him off into thinking every idea he has is brilliant.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Plumbus >

See, that's a good example. I don't know how "funny" that is in terms of laughing out loud, but if you don't find that satirically creative and bizarrely perverse enough to be amusing, I can't relate to you.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
And yeah, the series as a whole, thus far what, 21ish episodes? Has somehow managed to get very emotional and deep, very often, while not ruining the episodes this stuff takes place in. Impressive feat, imo, for a show like this.

I watched a Netflix doc about Harmon (Harmon Town?) that gave some explanation to the dark side of R&M. dude is depressed as fuck and an alcoholic. Which, of course, is not very unusual with comedians. The dark side of the show is what makes it even better, imo. Same reason I liked Bojack Horseman a lot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
See, that's a good example. I don't know how "funny" that is in terms of laughing out loud, but if you don't find that satirically creative and bizarrely perverse enough to be amusing, I can't relate to you.

They cut the fleeb for no reason

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love the How Its Made plumbus because just like watching How Its Made in real life I'm left more confused about the process than when I started

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I watched a Netflix doc about Harmon (Harmon Town?) that gave some explanation to the dark side of R&M. dude is depressed as fuck and an alcoholic. Which, of course, is not very unusual with comedians. The dark side of the show is what makes it even better, imo. Same reason I liked Bojack Horseman a lot.

I believe it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I think of R&M as a like 6/10 I really enjoy the TV episodes, the ones I don't enjoy are plot heavy

For me personally the skit format works alot better for their brand of comedy

Also agree Get Schwifty was the worst by FAR, this is also why it came directly after the amazing imposter episode... The writers knew it was very weak

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

For sure, but random chunks of "satirically creative and bizarrely perverse" isn't enough to carry a plotline- you need an actual story, and preferably some real humor too.

• 1Like