Rick and Morty

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hahahaha next week's preview looks fucking amazing too, though i'm hoping Rick was lying and we'll see more inter-dimensional cable, cause that shit is some of the funniest shit on the show.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Wasn't expecting the show to go that direction based on how it started, but it was amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Episode was all over the place, but man was each storyline amazing. They really tied all sorts of TV tropes together masterfully.

Might be one of my favorite episodes.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Before this season began, a bunch of us were afraid that Harmon picking up writers that were heavily SJW would taint this season. Honestly, it's probably some of the best episodes they've ever created. I mean, individually. Nothing tops season 1 for what it was, but this season is fantastic. Really pleased.

Honestly I was shocked at how good the episode was--when it started and I saw how they were setting up the metaphors, I figured it would be stupid SJW crap. But it was the opposite of the normal shallow, ridiculously one dimensional views of shit like that. I loved how they showed all the complexity of human interaction is always boiled down to some stupid fucking phrase..."The same as always, Ricks killing Mortys". That line, given how they set up the metaphor, and the show, was fucking amazingly introspective. The whole episode was, really. I'd love to pick the brains of the person behind most of the ideas to see what he actually thinks of them.

But yeah, this was probably my favorite episode. It was really fucking fantastic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It boggles my mind how much happened in 22 minutes. This show is amazing.

• 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Best episode of the series by far. I freaking lost it when the clerk morty was describing who robbed him and then bad cop morty goes to interrogate the hood rat mortys.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if it's an accident that this episode comes out after Bojack Horseman, since it felt like one of its episodes. It's also very much reassuring that the show gets better without the plot armor of C-137.

12/10

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Amazing episode.

President morty is...

The morty that was controlling the rick that was murdering other ricks and had that matrix of mortys in pain.

At the end of this episode when the papers were flying around, you can see the pic of morty with an eyepatch.

• 1Like

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, I just have to say I completely agree with everyone else on this episode. This season overall has been a lot better than I expected, but this episode was a whole new level of writing. I can't believe how much they fit into 22 minutes, and it was all amazing. That was just fantastic.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Amazing episode.

President morty is...

The morty that was controlling the rick that was murdering other ricks and had that matrix of mortys in pain.

At the end of this episode when the papers were flying around, you can see the pic of morty with an eyepatch.
Good catch, I didn't see the pictures at the end, but I knew who it was from the moment he executed the council of Rick's.

HQa1BJh.jpg

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's absolutely one of the best. It's hard to identify a single other one that does so much so well. I like the Unity and Car Battery ones a ton still. Season 3 is just making writers of every other show look bad at this point.

I was thinking about it though, I think R&M found a formula to cheat kind of. You really only have a handful of characters to build depth for, but you get to have infinite variations of those same characters that get to inherit all the development and bits you've seen so far even if they're 10 second one-offs. This lets you have really good characters with an absurdly huge actual cast that's easy to keep attached to. The fact that this episode had almost no screen time from our "real" characters yet did so much is a testament to that.

• 2Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's absolutely one of the best. It's hard to identify a single other one that does so much so well. I like the Unity and Car Battery ones a ton still. Season 3 is just making writers of every other show look bad at this point.

I was thinking about it though, I think R&M found a formula to cheat kind of. You really only have a handful of characters to build depth for, but you get to have infinite variations of those same characters that get to inherit all the development and bits you've seen so far even if they're 10 second one-offs. This lets you have really good characters with an absurdly huge actual cast that's easy to keep attached to. The fact that this episode had almost no screen time from our "real" characters yet did so much is a testament to that.
That's a perk of being in a third season while introducing very few additional characters, on the other hand, there aren't many shows where you could do that. I still think the closest show right now is Bojack, which relies much more on visual gags and RL connections. There's also only a few episodes which actually advance the overarching plot, so the moment they choose to devote a whole episode to that, it shines so much more and it has been pretty well established by now, that C-137 Rick and Morty are coated in plot armor, so an episode that doesn't have to deal with that crap is both surprising and welcome change.

They set up this episode by the previous ones, make no mistake, but that still doesn't detract from how well they pulled it off.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad to see Jeff Davis finally got to use his Sam Elliot in something, now where's Spencer.

• 1Like

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
So many details packed into the background of many scenes too. There was the campaign posters for Morty that directed you to jeez.com (or maybe awjeez.com, couldn't see the entire poster). Then there was a sign in the Morty parade that read: "Morty by Birth, Proud by Choice"...god just so good.

• 1Like