Rick and Morty

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
and yet the internet was in tears last week wondering "why? WHY ADULT SWIM? WHY WON'T YOU RENEW POOR RICK AND MORTY?!"

smh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Adult Swim shiposted yesterday with an entire Australian episode by Michael Cusack. As per usual the autistic portion of the fanbase was upset.

Bushworld Adventures

Cusacks earlier work:

• 1Worf

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
MORTY!! I'M SCHMECKLE RICK!!!
Ha+ha+look+at+me+morty+im+a+merchant+burps+_6ea85016d8ffa79a706ac21db5cc8880.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just a reminder that the season three DVD set comes out on the 15th of May.

The commentary tracks in the prior seasons were pretty good. It's about the only physical media I even buy anymore.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
and everyone was worried because Adult Swim hadn't renewed it yet, lololol

told 'em

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They've made dumb decisions, the worry wasn't exactly unwarranted. And Harmon's probably going o be insane long before that 70 episode order it up.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Idk dude, the fact that they ordered seventy episodes means that everyone wasn't just wrong, they were really, really, really wrong. I think a 70 episode order on a show that's produced 30 episodes in 5 years is maybe the biggest showing of faith a single network has ever made in a single show, ever.

assuming it's true.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Idk dude, the fact that they ordered seventy episodes means that everyone wasn't just wrong, they were really, really, really wrong. I think a 70 episode order on a show that's produced 30 episodes in 5 years is maybe the biggest showing of faith a single network has ever made in a single show, ever.

assuming it's true.

70 means they want it to get to 100 and thus syndication and do what Futurama has done. It also gives Harmon and Roiland an end goal to work towards.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
also crazy to put it in context of what a procrastinator Harmon has historically been. you'd think they'd be giving him short "prove it" deals.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
70 means they want it to get to 100 and thus syndication and do what Futurama has done. It also gives Harmon and Roiland an end goal to work towards.

I just realized the true reason. 70 more episodes is about 6 more seasons if they do about 12 episodes per season. Bringing them to 9 seasons. At which point Rick's "I don't care if it takes 9 seasons Morty" prophecy will be fulfilled, and the series finale will close on him finally getting that Mulan Szechuan sauce.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rick hasn't. Just a brief taste while locked in his own memory. And you know Rick, he wants the genuine article.

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
With Dan Harmon involved, there's no way they're going to make 70 more episodes. I hope I'm wrong, but I highly doubt it.

I look forward to returning to this thread (archived on rerererefohed.org probably) in several years to say "I told you so!"

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I look forward to returning to this thread (archived on rerererefohed.org probably) in several years to say "I told you so!"

You're making is sound like this is some kinda super deep insight that no one else has considered

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What's Harmon's history that makes you so certain?

I just finished all three seasons over the past few days and loved it. The first few episodes of season 1 had me wondering why this show was so popular, but the Mr. Meeks episode was so god damn funny... and they only got better from there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What's Harmon's history that makes you so certain?.

Season 3 was going to be 14 episodes instead of ten. Harmon apologizes several times to the viewer and his coworkers during the commentaries for season three for being impossible to work with.

• 1Like