Rick and Morty

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's rough. No idea what to actually say.
But it's ultimately up to you. If you're able to watch something that might have violent/death undertones, then you should watch it. If you're not able to, then you shouldn't. I'm sure the feeling of dread will lessen with time, but maybe this particular title will always strike too close to home based on what happened.

You'll know when you're ready.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I love this show, but not sure if I can watch it anymore. It was my youngest brothers favorite show and I just don't know if I have the heart to watch it since he was murdered, especially with how brutal it is about shit like death. Can't wait for the inevitable room full of people laughing, and someone thinking I'm a salty SJW try hard, crying in the corner because my mangina got rubbed the wrong way.

Your brother would want you to keep watching tho <3

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Violence and death in general aren't necessarily triggers, it'll be more just thinking about him I guess, along with the way the show doesn't sugar coat shit. That being said, caught the end of Deer Hunter on TV not long ago, and the final Russian Roulette scene definitely took me to a dark place, just because my brother had been shot in the head, and the heightened emotions of that scene.

I know I will watch it, I'll do it because as Pharmakos stated, he'd want me to, I just know it's going to be a darker experience than it should be. My kid loves the show, it use to be one of the things she did with her Uncle, so I'm preemptively steeling myself against what that might stir up for her as well.

On the bigger picture level, I've dealt with my grief, I made my piece with death a long time ago, it usually doesn't get to me. The big thing with my brother is that he was only 19 and he was the last person that anyone who knew him would ever think someone would want to kill. He was a good person, whole life ahead of him, infinite potential cliche and all. The dude who did it killed himself, so we got robbed of justice, though I personally feel it's better this way, the other 3 brothers don't have to go to jail for the inevitable act of revenge. And all of it over a woman, of course, the age old bringer of war between men. I understand the events and motivations leading up to everything, but at the end of the day it doesn't do much to assuage the hollow pit in my stomach or the lump of rage in my chest, and it's the little things like this show that keep popping up, turning the knife so to speak.

Wubba lubba dub dub...

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn bruh. Thats some deep shit, sorry about your brother.

My ex girls bro necked himself over a woman and that shit fucked her all up. She is still fucked up over it.

I get the same way when it comes to my mom and mothers in general (she passed away at 50 years old like 5 years ago). I have a very hard time watching mothers day videos, or videos with a guy seeing his mom for the first time in a while and hugging her, hearing about someone else's mother dying etc, It will never get better.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My first time seeing the initial pilot. Wow.

Did you ever watch Dan Harmon's other pilot? This one didn't get picked up.

It does have some partial nudity and adult situations and is not to be regarded as safe for work.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I couldn't watch the great British baking show for about a year after my oma died. I'd gotten the entire run and we watched one a day.

The severity of the aversion fades. Now I like to remember a,little when I watch.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
60216942_2296217997141676_1863602862538358784_o.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Did you ever watch Dan Harmon's other pilot? This one didn't get picked up.

It does have some partial nudity and adult situations and is not to be regarded as safe for work.

I watched it without sound, but I thought that was funny. One question though, was the doll supposed to be an infant, or was it supposed to be a doll? Like, it had been picked up, were they going to CGI in a more realistic looking baby?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just cannot fathom SEVENTY more episodes. I really want them to say outright that only 20 or so will be related to the "main plot" and the others can all just be fuck around one offs that can be watched in any order.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just cannot fathom SEVENTY more episodes. I really want them to say outright that only 20 or so will be related to the "main plot" and the others can all just be fuck around one offs that can be watched in any order.

Don't worry you'll have time to see them. At the rate they pump these out it'll take 10 years for them to finish.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Nice! The alien guy is voiced by the director of Thor: Ragnarok (and the new one that hasn't been made yet).

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That looks fucking badass. I can't wait.

(only 5 episodes, wtf?!?)
Sunday, November 10th @ 11:30pm EST.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Great that they use the extension for 70 episodes to say that they can just 'get to writing and producing' only to fuck around and finish half of a goddamn season. At this pace, my kids (4,4,2, 3 months) will ALL be out of college before they finish.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The longest gap between episodes of the same season (excluding the early April Fools) was season 1 between Dec 16 and Jan 13. The 5 episodes is telling us they will have a holiday break and it'll come back in Spring or something.

• 1Like