Rift: Planes of Telara

Zantox_sl

shitlord
Are people active at all on Rift? Would it take forever to get up and running in a top tier guild after being gone since the start of HK?

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
Taking a break, mostly due to guild issues. Zones are busy as hell though, and the expansion zones are amazing. Leveling was tedious, but it almost always is in expansions. Will be playing casually still.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
I stopped playing after Hammerknell came out and pretty much everyone in my guild quit. Is the expansion any good/worth it to come back?

Langemede

I barely hit 60 a few days ago after coming back a week or so ago (from a 3 month work related break). Leveling sucks, zones are pretty awesome though. THe few dungeons I've been in seem more mcdungeon than vanilla rift. The two new continents are huge, I haven't even been through all of both of them yet. I don't know, I'd say it's worth a look at least. I'm sure you could find a discounted box somewhere.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I really only keep playing Rift because I like the soul/job system and PvP. The PvE is uninspired and once you crack the 20-mans a few times, they also get very stale. For their first MMO, Trion's done an admirable job but Rift will be remembered in the annals of video game-dom as nothing more than a WoW clone. Personally, I feel that it's a disservice to the game, as I've played it for good stretches since beta, but not too far from the truth. The "rift" system is cool, but it's still just a gussied up PQ from Warhammer.

My kingdom for a Chivalry + DAOC + WH40K IP MMO.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Had to take a break before the expansion came out due to school (despite already owning the expansion). The whopping 10 minutes I have put into the expansion so far have been fun though.

Zantox_sl

shitlord
I For their first MMO, Trion's done an admirable job but Rift will be remembered in the annals of video game-dom as nothing more than a WoW clone. Personally, I feel that it's a disservice to the game, as I've played it for good stretches since beta, but not too far from the truth. The "rift" system is cool, but it's still just a gussied up PQ from Warhammer.
I feel like they werethiscloseto making it be something really special. Vanilla Rift dungeons were generally very fun, challenging endeavors. They got a bit too easy, but that happens. I think the big downfall was in class balancing and the class managers not really understanding the depth of the soul system, plus poor QA/QC on new content. Very close, but just a bit off the mark.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Feel like I have had this conversation before elsewhere...

Anyway Rift is an amazing game for a lot of reasons. Their updates are great in general and they deliver new content faster than a welfare mother pops out kids. The soul system is a cool idea and can be done well, though for warriors right now it sucks and clerics are LOL overpowered. The expansion is phenomenal I would recommend it to anyone. Rift is more than a WoW clone it reminds me more of EQ2 than it does WoW personally. It is more than both of them.

Rift has its flaws and I can talk about those all day but for now it is not an exaggeration to say it is well worth the money.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I came back about two weeks before the expansion dropped and I'm having a lot of fun. I think Trion has done a solid job on this game since launch. I feel like there is a lot to do and with Rifts, Hunt Rifts, IA's, Chronicals, PA's that it's different enough from other games and they do it pretty well. I'll be honest, the fact that I can play both of my 50+ characters and earn PA's and it's account wide is pretty awesome. I finally started messing with the Dimensions, at first I liked EQ2's housing better but these are growing on me. I think if they added Flying mounts they could up my enjoyment a lot more but I'm sure that will end up being a bullet point on an expansion down the road.

The size of this expansion is amazing. Hopefully they start filling in the later zones with events though. At least on the Seratos side it started to get sparse past Seratos.

BubbySoup

I've been in the expansion about a week now and am having a lot of fun. There is always plenty to do especially if you are the explorer type as the new expansion is HUGE. Quest grinding can be a little tedious though.

Treesong

I am currently enjoying a second bout of playing Rift. The expansion is indeed huge. I still enjoy the rifts and events, unfortunately the I.A.'s in the lower level zones in the xpack are very underpopulated, I am often alone or maybe with 1 or 2 others. This is on Icewatch, a very busy Euro-server. Still, if you follow all the Story quest lines, and do some carnage and onslaughts on the way, leveling is pretty fast.

Also, I finally have to admit to myself that instanced housing just does not work for me. The only house that I ever felt some connection to, was my house in SWG on Naboo, simply because I had walked to the end of the world to find a cool spot with a view for it, and the house actually stood there in the landscape for all to see. (never played UO) I am not the decorating type so I guess people who like that can go wild with the Dimensions feature.

Anomander Rake

So I am giving this game another go after a long hiatus and wanted to see if there was a server some of us play on, and if there was guild I could apply to. Would be fun to go from 9+ years as a FoH lurker, straight to full on participation.

Schags

So I am giving this game another go after a long hiatus and wanted to see if there was a server some of us play on, and if there was guild I could apply to. Would be fun to go from 9+ years as a FoH lurker, straight to full on participation.
FoH is on Deepwood. I'm in a guild on Greybriar that is pretty casual as we rebuild. You're welcome to join us. Mostly doing Pvp, dungeons and leveling atm.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I'm in a guild that can't decide if it's casual or hardcore on Wolfsbane. I'd invite you but you don't want to join right now.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
wish this free to download and free to play really wanted to try it sad it died down so quick...

got an mmo itch that needs scratching.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...raid-revealed/

Massively Exclusive: RIFT's 2.1 Eternal Eclipse raid revealed

by Jef Reahard on Dec 8th 2012 9:30AM

Fantasy, Trailers, Video, Game mechanics, MMO industry, News items, PvE, RIFT, Dungeons

How would you like to match wits (and weapons) with RIFT's Regulos the Destroyer? You can starting on December 12th courtesy of a new 20-player raid called Eternal Eclipse. The dungeon is part of Trion's 2.1 update, which also includes a new chronicle called A Hero Rises.

RIFT's Fae Yule world event is also coming, and you'll have the opportunity to collect seasonal dimension items and sets of special gifts to be revealed throughout the month. Finally, beginning on December 14th, former players may log in and experience the original game plus the entirety of the Storm Legion expansion for free. The promotion runs through December 20th.

Click past the cut for our exclusive look at the new Eternal Eclipse raid.