Rift: Planes of Telara

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
To All you Bitches sitting on the Fence about coming back or trying this great game and new expansion, and 1 the hardest working MMO Teams around fucking Period.

Well here you go come Dec 14,2012 to Dec 20,2012 can come back to game free , with the expansion unlocked till get off the fence and support Trion.

Beginning on December 14th, former players may log in and experience the original game plus the entirety of the Storm Legion expansion for free. The promotion runs through December 20th.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many active players does this game even have at this point? I gave it a go but I don't think anything could get me back to playing it.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
I tried playing the xpac at release, leveling from 50-60 was so boring, what is the best way to level? I cannot do anymore tedious quest hub grinds... I didn't even get to level 51, 1 hour dungeon queues for dps, and 45+ for healer (chloro) was what killed it for me.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
I tried playing the xpac at release, leveling from 50-60 was so boring, what is the best way to level? I cannot do anymore tedious quest hub grinds... I didn't even get to level 51, 1 hour dungeon queues for dps, and 45+ for healer (chloro) was what killed it for me.
Dungeon's aren't worth it either if you're going with the public. Questing is mindless and boring, I agree. Kill 0/16 or collect 0/12. If you're in a group that turns into collect 0/24 as it doesn't share. We skip all collect quests.

The best experience is hitting rifts and invasion areas. They just nerfed invasion areas experience though by about 40% (left mob exp the same) and some other aspects of invasions. I think they'll end up nerfing rift and invasion experience even more, as it seems they want to force you to go a certain path to level up and at a certain speed.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've had zero time to play this in the last week. Not even sure why I got it, I have enough shit to play to keep me busy until the next millennium but for some reason I need MMOs and WoW is currently reduced to 3 days a week raiding + fucking dailies + keeping up enough consumables for the weekly heroic progression wipe-fest. I'll try to get more in as I can but I have no plans to raid or anything.

The main thing that destroyed my remaining game time was BF3:Aftermath and a friend buying me Black Ops 2 when I thought he was kidding.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
The only thing keeping me in Rift is the ease of entry to PvP and the fact that it's not WoW.

"Rift: It's a lot like WoW, but it's not WoW"

"Rift: It's WoW with PQs and better gfx"

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I played this for about a month after launch. I remember dungeons were horrible for melee souls, and groups were telling melees to swap to ranged souls. Is that still the case?

Caliane

Rift's patching has been consistently the best in the business.

If I had more time, I would probably still be playing.

Rifts single issue for me is the combat/animations. It just fucking sucks. I can deal or like everything else but just can not no matter how many times I try play it. It reminds me of going from EQ to WoW and then for shits and giggles trying to play EQ again combat wise.. It really bums me out because I really wanna be able to like and play it but every time I try I play for an hour and just get pissed off.

It did not help playing GW2 either then trying to play rift.

spronk

FPS noob
rift is like the game that sounds great on paper and you really, really want to like but after playing a bit its just kinda... boring. Haven't played though since the days of HK, will try out the upcoming free week since I have a 50 of every class. haha, i wonder if the game will be able to patch from 1.2 or whatever to the latest version. Are xfers and stuff still all free?

Its too bad they stuck with fantasy+steampunk, I woulda been a lot more into the game if it was in a different environment.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
rift is like the game that sounds great on paper and you really, really want to like but after playing a bit its just kinda... boring. Haven't played though since the days of HK, will try out the upcoming free week since I have a 50 of every class. haha, i wonder if the game will be able to patch from 1.2 or whatever to the latest version. Are xfers and stuff still all free?

Its too bad they stuck with fantasy+steampunk, I woulda been a lot more into the game if it was in a different environment.
xfers still free yep.

Expansion is awesome sauce, New raid comes out with the patch this week, and new chronocile for level 60, as well as all the Holiday stuff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end its still a pig. I had more fun with SWTOR than this pile. And thats saying something.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember reading Scott's blog leading up to this game and felt like I wasn't the type of player he was making games for. I remember his one comment about open world dungeons being a waste of Dev time. Although, I enjoyed the first few passes of the 5 or so group zones they had when I played... It really go old fast. The game just felt so small. Even the capitals. That said.. I wish this team worked on a game like Vanguard, keeping with the "vision" of VG of course. They set the standard of how a Dev team should be working.

Just started playing again after a little over a year of not logging in. I feel so damn lost with all the changes.

Anyone have any suggestions for class guides for Storm Legion? At the moment I have a 50 Cleric, Rogue and Warrior, but so much has changed in the trees I am really clueless as to which I want to focus on for a main and what to do leveling/soul wise. I was contemplating leveling a Mage to 50 to get back into it, but the only tree that sounded remotely interesting was Harbinger and after trying it out it seems so meh.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had the same problem on my warrior - just head to the guide section of the specific class threads (Rift forums) to get some good ideas on soul builds. For your warrior,thisthread is what I have been using as a guide for my solo grind build. I went from dying to one mob to killing 3-4 mobs at level (or one above) with ease. As for everything else, RiftJunkies is a great start. I have been having a blast with the new expansion. Mindless carnage grinding is more fun than expected, quests are entertaining and original, and the zones are really beautiful (the ruined city is my fav so far). I was in the "meh" camp at launch, but there isn't much else out there worth playing and this is keeping me very occupied.

Silence_sl

shitlord
You can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end its still a pig. I had more fun with SWTOR than this pile. And thats saying something.
I wouldn't call this game a pig, because you can get bacon out of a pig, and bacon is a good thing.

I barely played a week of the first month, then I got tired of sleeping while playing and chewing on broken glass while traveling. Might try it again for the free week, but probably not.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
1-50 feels like the longest, most boring piece of shit slog ever. They really need to add heirloom gear, or just boost exp gains. The expansion leveling is cool though, pretty much every mob you kill starts a new kill quest for that shit. You run around continents just grindin shit and pickin up bear asses.

Eonan

Doer of Things
1-50 feels like the longest, most boring piece of shit slog ever. They really need to add heirloom gear, or just boost exp gains. The expansion leveling is cool though, pretty much every mob you kill starts a new kill quest for that shit. You run around continents just grindin shit and pickin up bear asses.
It really does, I had asked if they planned on introducing new leveling content with the expansion and never got a reply which is unfortunate. The end game is great, from what I hear the expansion is badass, but the beginning of the game is just stale with no real room to move outside of the original leveling path thats been around since release.