Rift: Planes of Telara

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Honestly fastest XP in both Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide is storyline quests. Ignore side quests and only do the carnages if it is convenient.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Last time I played, I hit level 60 or whatever just doing adventure things. No quests needed!

But they butchered RIFT. Class system is awful.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Sorry, true. Storm legion killed Rift for me. Soulless quests, uninspired zones, just sad. I liked vanilla and had high hopes, the whole rift concept was quite entertaining while the zones were still populated. Nowadays its just a sad boring game.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Ahh Rift. The game with the most uninspired character models ever. Tis a shame too, because the graphics and animations are solid. I give it a 7. The grouping options are actually pretty developed.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Lot of negative feelings past few posts. I actually really enjoyed rift, and found the class system to be great. There's of course the standard cookie cutter builds for each class, but you can make custom builds and still do very well and have fun. Some of the classes were really unique and well done also, such as chloromancer, the healer that heals through dpsing, and riftstalker, the teleporting, evasive rogue tank.

Overall it's a decent game, and with it being F2P now, you can easily get a month of fun out of it for zero investment. It's just not a game you're going to be playing years down the road.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Lot of negative feelings past few posts. I actually really enjoyed rift, and found the class system to be great. There's of course the standard cookie cutter builds for each class, but you can make custom builds and still do very well and have fun. Some of the classes were really unique and well done also, such as chloromancer, the healer that heals through dpsing, and riftstalker, the teleporting, evasive rogue tank.

Overall it's a decent game, and with it being F2P now, you can easily get a month of fun out of it for zero investment. It's just not a game you're going to be playing years down the road.
Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun in Rift. But each expansion, while adding lots of content, seemed to just hurt the game more. Hybrid classes went right out the window (especially for pvp), and any interesting synergies people found were quickly nerfed until the only build worth doing was maxxing out one talent tree/class/soul whatever.

Story quest wise, both expansions ended sooo abruptly, that I was left confused, and wondering wtf happened; especially the 1st expansion. It just petered out into a buncha daily quests

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rift is the only MMO I go back to and play again periodically. If I had time to murder I'd play it a lot more I'm sure. I just enjoy the dungeons, classes, abilities, etc. I guess.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The max level 5 mans right at release were some of the most fun I've ever had in a modern MMO. The raid content was way too easy though.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
My biggest criticism with Rift from the beginning was that it had no longevity and content was consumed far too quickly.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Even they dump down the whole rift invasion idea, I like the game from original to Hammerknell. Group dungeons were challenging at the beginning, and raids were decent.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It's still pretty fun doing the 5 man dungeons if you aren't overgeared for them, just started playing recently and am enjoying it, but it's starting to get grindy really fast.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
but it's starting to get grindy really fast.
That's the biggest problem I have with Rift's endgame. I love their class system, and greatly enjoyed the leveling experience on multiple classes, but when you hit level 65, you can run dungeons (very fun and rewarding early on) then it's grind out reputations, daily quests, and a bunch of shitty currencies for tiny upgrades once a week or less. Game becomes terrible at that stage, and it's sad.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I tried getting back into Rift but it was just messy. That's the only way I can explain it. The UI and just everything just seemed to be a big mess and could never get into it. I really liked what they had early on but the best parts became irrelevant and pushed to the side. Shame really. I always cheered for Rift and Scott. I'm still waiting for him to hit a homerun and live up to what I think his potential could be as the captain of the ship.