Rift: Planes of Telara

Juvarisx

Florida
Well made it to 60 and 57-60 was painfull as hell. Ran around for a day did some dailies ran an expert and uninstalled the game. Its as stated here still a WoW clone, but with better classes, and to be honest I was done with WoW too.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
RoS had some really fun fights, but then you moved on to Hammerknell where every single fight last 10 minutes (assuming you did not have total gear saturation) and if one person fucked up or you had any latency issues at all, you died and everyone wiped and you had to re-do the first 5-8 minutes of the fight all over again, again, and again, and again.

Terrible fucking raid design. That's when I quit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
RoS had some really fun fights, but then you moved on to Hammerknell where every single fight last 10 minutes (assuming you did not have total gear saturation) and if one person fucked up or you had any latency issues at all, you died and everyone wiped and you had to re-do the first 5-8 minutes of the fight all over again, again, and again, and again.

Terrible fucking raid design. That's when I quit.
I think there's a place for raids like HK. A lot of the hardcore players love that shit. But there should be a couple other raids in the same tier for people who can't dedicate 10 hours a day to single raid or can't field 20 people and not have 1 or 2 mouth breathers.

After people got decently geared it was actually pretty fun. Unfortunately, it was also the only way to actually get geared

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm all for hard fights, but most of those fights were just terribly designed, and once they fixed them they became slightly better. The biggest problem, imo, was that each fight just took way too long. It just became wearing after a while.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm all for hard fights, but most of those fights were just terribly designed, and once they fixed them they became slightly better. The biggest problem, imo, was that each fight just took way too long. It just became wearing after a while.
Agreed. Taking a 10 minute fight and turning it into two 5 minute fights (perhaps increasing the healing intensity to keep things tense) would be better for most. It's the wiping at 10% 3 times in a row with 5 more bosses to go that really gets on people.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
What was the boss that was like Tower Defense? Now that was a cool fight in principle. Unfortunately you spent the first 5 minutes in easy mode and couldn't skip it. The ramp up time was way too slow.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Shit playing a class with a lot of instant attacks you can't macro, anyone know of a way around this? Asking here just in case my google fu is weak.

Noahx

N00b
Shaman and Druid mix.
Depending what you are doing, you really don't need to hit 50% of the skills available. Unless changed, If you're looking for min/maxing...Shaman requires a ridiculous amount of hitting different things at different times. Probably best to go Inquis or if your just soloing, Druid/Justicar use to be super OP.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Why does the game going F2P really matter? It's not like they added anything good to the game.

Just another install/play/uninstall situation for you guys. This game is bland incarnate.

Kagan_sl

shitlord
What was the boss that was like Tower Defense? Now that was a cool fight in principle. Unfortunately you spent the first 5 minutes in easy mode and couldn't skip it. The ramp up time was way too slow.
That was Sicaron I believe, the one where you got a debuff and had to run out and drop a little tower thing away from the raid, and away from the other towers?

Fuya_sl

shitlord
That was Sicaron I believe, the one where you got a debuff and had to run out and drop a little tower thing away from the raid, and away from the other towers?
That was the funniest fight ever because of the wipes. You knew it was coming when "that guy" was pillar placer and didn't run out when it turned red. My friend and I would shout the must fucked up thing we could say in vent right before we exploded. Oh, and how our raid tank/guild leader insisted that tanking him in Void Knight spec was perfectly fine... and this was after all the VK nerfs to their physical mitigation which is the only form of damage that boss did. Fuck if I cared. I was second tank with a tri spec on that fight and took over when he died on the first frontal cone attack. Solo tanked that boss until the guild leader screamed loud enough for a res so he could keep pretending to be king shit.

I miss old Rift.

Soulrender Zilas. Mobs come in from the sides past the stun towers into the middle. The first 60% of the fight was very easy, it wasn't until past that that it got more difficult.