RIFT

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Patch 1.11 was the herald of the end for Rift, that's the patch where cross-classing became heavily discouraged and all builds became 51/15/10 point builds. (I lost my Senticar and Inquisicar builds to that patch, which were the most fun healers I've had the pleasure of playing in an MMORPG.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
There is a progression server kind of like EQs: time lapsed content but uses current souls, etc.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, launch Rift was great. Pretty cookie-cutter in the WoW sense, but I really liked the world and class system. Plus, the music in the the main city for the 'good guys' was fantastic. Don't remember the name of the city though.

I assume some of the other Trion properties are going to sunset which is a bummer - I really enjoyed Atlas Reactor.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Progression server was shit last I tried it, which was a while back. The exp to level was crazy high since it was based on today's f2p model which makes it almost mandatory to buy exp options. You'd run out of quests in an area and have no choice but to grind hundreds of dungeons before you hit max level.

They also clearly rushed it so a lot of dungeons were missing and there weren't any of the raids available. Yep the level 50 raids released like 7 years ago weren't available.

What a shitshow

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
PvP on their TLE server was somewhat fun until like lvl 35+. They couldn't get it to work right. I remember lvl 50's beating each other for all 15 minutes of a match, 0 kills because heals were about 10x too strong. Are all the builds still broken but one per class? :p

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, launch Rift was great. Pretty cookie-cutter in the WoW sense, but I really liked the world and class system. Plus, the music in the the main city for the 'good guys' was fantastic. Don't remember the name of the city though.

I assume some of the other Trion properties are going to sunset which is a bummer - I really enjoyed Atlas Reactor.

I am most bummed out by the loss of atlas reactor. People clamor for new games doing new things so much and miss out on some truly exceptional games that really are doing some brand new things. It was just one of those games that you had to really play to grasp every time somebody tried to describe it makes it sound a lot different than it plays.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Never played Rift, but I played Archeage for about a year and a half or so. I tinkered around with Defiance, but Defiance 2050 was such a bullshit cash grab since it ended up just being the base game virtually unchanged except for the skill tree revamp, forcing the original playerbase to basically rebuy all the inventory shit/etc.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So..this is F2P right? I'm re-downloading it because I read a reddit post on dead MMOs and thought it might be weird to run around a ghost town.

Almost dead MMOs? • r/MMORPG

There's a few others on there still running I might log in and see....creepy as fuck in a way.

• 1Like

Valtara

Molten Core Raider
So..this is F2P right? I'm re-downloading it because I read a reddit post on dead MMOs and thought it might be weird to run around a ghost town.

Almost dead MMOs? • r/MMORPG

There's a few others on there still running I might log in and see....creepy as fuck in a way.

I play on the Euro server Bristol... it breaks my immersion when I do run into someone. Just what your looking for

Caeden

I play on the Euro server Bristol... it breaks my immersion when I do run into someone. Just what your looking for
Logged in and felt lost...it was weird...I was in an old level 50 zone and there was nobody....went to Meridian and like 5 people. Game hasn't aged well has it?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Logged in and felt lost...it was weird...I was in an old level 50 zone and there was nobody....went to Meridian and like 5 people. Game hasn't aged well has it?

They've made some idiotic decisions and added content that was actually worse than just leaving it alone and abandoning it

Caeden

Strangely, someone from my old wow guild had been playing recently. Couldn’t figure out who from the character.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Couple friends have been playing this the last few months pretty casually. They've been grinding on me for a long time to download it and play it with them, and I keep resisting, but just tonight I downloaded the launcher, and figured out my account information.

With WoW Classic, not sure why I'm even going to look at this, but here I am.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you have friends to do it with you, Rift is fun to pop in once a year and play through the new content they've added. Then when you've cleared it all once and reach the end-game grind stage, it's time to take a break for another year.