Rimworld

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh, Australia has been like that for ages on the video game front. Probably the only reason it slipped through the cracks was because of early access.

The rimworld devs probably never asked to get classified, on the basis of not actually caring if they can sell in stores.

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I should totally like Rimworld. I love DF and FO4 with mods. Yet I have never tried it. I am totally happy with DF and FO4 with mods.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I should totally like Rimworld. I love DF and FO4 with mods. Yet I have never tried it. I am totally happy with DF and FO4 with mods.
Pirate it and see if you like it or not. You'll want to get the retail version of it for bugs and morality, but I wouldnt skip out on trying it. I put an ungodly amount of hours into the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pirate it and see if you like it or not. You'll want to get the retail version of it for bugs and morality, but I wouldnt skip out on trying it. I put an ungodly amount of hours into the game.
I won't pirate games, especially from indies. Stealing from corporations, that's your business, I cast no judgement. Disney can go to hell for all I care. I'd like to lock up their senior executives for crimes against children. I'd lock up the CEO, board, and senior management of EA for promoting gambling to children. These are felony charges.The CEOs of EA and Activision have violated innumerable interstate commerce laws on gambling and making gambling available to minors. If I was on a jury, I would vote for their death by hanging. Bare minimum, they should face full asset forfeiture, lifetime parole, and felony convictions on the public record. The inhuman trash leading the gambling industry for kid are pure evil, scum corporate, villains in prison.

But pirating games from indies? No that is not right.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I won't pirate games, especially from indies. Stealing from corporations, that's your business, I cast no judgement. Disney can go to hell for all I care. I'd like to lock up their senior executives for crimes against children. I'd lock up the CEO, board, and senior management of EA for promoting gambling to children. These are felony charges.The CEOs of EA and Activision have violated innumerable interstate commerce laws on gambling and making gambling available to minors. If I was on a jury, I would vote for their death by hanging. Bare minimum, they should face full asset forfeiture, lifetime parole, and felony convictions on the public record. The inhuman trash leading the gambling industry for kid are pure evil, scum corporate, villains in prison.

But pirating games from indies? No that is not right.
Ok... Just try the game. You'll enjoy it.

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Moonmoon is playing this. He's got kids running around. The mom popped out a kid and I think she's a vampire and because he's a spergy ADD streamer and just clicks stuff without reading I think he just had the mom drink the baby's blood :emoji_laughing:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just got a run stabilized. First two babies dead. And a kid i adopted got beat to death by people we were helping that betrayed us. Hard core

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
Biotech has a fair few qol adjustments i like. Doing a dirtmole demihuman run

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I very unwisely started a game up a couple weeks ago, naked brutality, thinking it would kill a few hours (I was waiting on something). It ended up killing a few weeks.

Here's an early disaster that nearly ended us. Everyone wounded and starving and breaking down:
20230510013012_1.jpg

Shortly after that I went on an insulting spree and started a fist fight, then just hours later another tribe shows up. I had to burn 4 honour and summon help.

A few years later I had another big raid and no help to summon so I used a orbital strike thing on them, forgetting that I had built a monument as part of a quest out there.
20230510054005_1.jpg

Then after it was a struggle to get someone skilled enough to make decent guns. I had just gotten Lucas to 5 when this happened:
20230510150556_1.jpg

With his arm bitten off he could craft but very very slowly. Then it was a struggle to get prosthetics and then later bionics so I could get some decent armor / weapons going.

Here's a funny rat that self tamed and then ate all my drugs.
20230511044023_1.jpg

In the middle of a huge battle, one of my animals runs over and starts chugging the beer a dead enemy dropped:
20230510142224_1.jpg

This was comical. My crafter was also a good animal tamer, and I had him give a go at taming a grizzly that was hanging around my crop fields. I and two others were on guard in case it went berserk, but right at that moment a caravan rolls up.
20230511210815_1.jpg

He fails of course and I immediately fire and miss the grizzly and hit a boomalope, which explodes in the middle of the caravan :emoji_laughing:
20230511210855_1.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Eventually I hit a year that was just nonstop bandit raids and mech hives. This one plopped down right next to my base
20230512013744_1.jpg

I had 3 refugees arrive in the middle of all of that and I used them as fodder with EMP grenades to get me thru the 3 mech hives that landed one day after another. They then turned on me, but they were all wounded and couldn't do much :emoji_laughing:
20230512220624_1.jpg

The two dumbasses in the upper left room started a fire and cooked themselves alive because they couldn't get out. The bald chick in the hospital stumbled out and got her head taken off. I was hoping to not do that as she was Svetlana's sister.

Later that year the spear tribe showed up with a siege so I went out to take care of them. They had parked next to the "ancient danger" spot and sure enough someone threw a grenade and it blew a hole in the wall. I ran for it and the mechs tore them apart, and luckily didn't see me. A badass emp charged zeus hammer burned up in the ensuing conflagration.
20230513122213_1.jpg

After surviving countless battles, my best melee died to one of those idiotic roof collapses when I was deconstructing a small building I didn't need anymore:
20230515171953_1.jpg

I had spent a fortune on her. She had a bionic arm and eye. I stuck her in the freezer in case I run across some resurrect stuff.

I'm so tired of the spear tribes throwing endless waves against me that I've been using them to replenish any damaged organs I have:
20230516033450_1.jpg

It has been almost 10 years since I landed. My graveyard is getting quite large:
20230516113338_1.jpg

I had an idea that I might try to travel to the friendly AI that calls early in the game. I've never tried that way of ending it. It is really far though. I had a bunch of horses I was going to use but then a toxic fallout event was going to kill them so I sold them all rather than just see them die. Would take me several years to build more up assuming any come around to tame.

It is about 3 launcher pod distances to get there and I think you can only have one base at once, so I can't really do that. I dunno what I'll do. I'm always short on plasteel, and have had no luck with the mineral scanner. I'm also getting a bit old and have been trying to find some way to fix my frail trait. It really slows me down.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
After dozens of hours in this game I've finally got a colony where I have all the research and can handle any threat. I'm just dinking around until I build the ship to finish the game at this point.

In this run I've learned the importance of properly using zones! Gotta have zones for various scenarios. My fave being a zone for my pawns about to snap. Like a spa day for those fuckers.

• 1Like