Ring of Elysium

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
New Battle Royale game by Tencent.

Figured I'd start a new thread for this instead of cluttering up the PUBG one.

Looks to be a pretty good clone of PUBG but with better netcode, dynamic weather/daylight, and more quality of life features (Q marking of terrain for teammates, auto attachments, quick swap between scopes). Haven't seen anything about a US release yet, but you can test it out with some finagling.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I saw Shroud play it last like. Looks like a shit clone of PUBG that is less opimized and third person only. Pass.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol. It's far more optimized. You can get 60fps on a potato. It's hit reg and connection on Asian only servers is better than PUBG's NA servers.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Lol. It's far more optimized. You can get 60fps on a potato. It's hit reg and connection on Asian only servers is better than PUBG's NA servers.

This! and it was made by the same people that did pubg mobile (Tencent) and that game plays better than pubg and has better features.

If they focus on netcode/bugs instead of skins/esports it'll be a home run.

Cybsled

Home run in China, maybe.

And this is Ten Cent we are talking about. They are going to monetize the shit out of this game cosmetic wise.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Whats it matter about cosmetic monetization? Watched Lirik play it yesterday. Game looked good, not amazing, but good. Some things are better than PUBG and some were worse.

Cybsled

It doesn't, that is how they make money on a F2P game. But you're kidding yourself if you think Ten Cent is going to put heavy prioritization on QoL or updates to the game vs. milking the cosmetics. If the developer is from Korea or China, they almost always push out cosmetic after cosmetic update, with slow changes to the core game itself.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, that's what PUBG has been doing. We're getting another new set of boxes already. Meanwhile shit is still broken. In fact, the trend of them releasing a patch that has nothing to do with stability that breaks stability continues.

• 1Solidarity

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So I'm not watching a 7 minute video of some nerd. Isn't there a written list of what to do to install?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
  1. Download Garena client
  2. Switch region to Thailand
  3. Download Ring of Elysium game files
  4. Run Ring of Elysium
  5. Use Process Hacker to copy Europa.exe process information
  6. Paste information into a new text file, change language to "en"
  7. Save as a .bat and run the game

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Played a few games. I can see how it has potential. Though currently no invert mouse is retarded. Lost a close range firefight with a guy strafing because I wasn't ready to try to counter strafe and adjust for recoil at the same time.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
  1. Download Garena client
  2. Switch region to Thailand
  3. Download Ring of Elysium game files
  4. Run Ring of Elysium
  5. Use Process Hacker to copy Europa.exe process information
  6. Paste information into a new text file, change language to "en"
  7. Save as a .bat and run the game
Thanks man.

Hekotat

This goes live in a few hours on Steam. Just a heads up.

• 1Like

Hekotat

If you're wanting something like PUBG that doesn't suck ballsack I highly recommend this. It plays really good in FPP.