RIP Anthony Bourdain

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
People who commit suicide when they have kids are selfish assholes.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
There's 3 different threads for this. This one, one in TV land and one in General.

Oh and RIP, I can't say I watch too many episodes of his shows. But he came across as a good presenter etc.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Asia Argento Shared Cryptic Message Hours Before Anthony Bourdain's Apparent Suicide: 'F— Everyone...You Know Who You Are'

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
How many RIP threads do we need here for a drug addict asshole who off'd himself. 100,000 potentially better people have died today.

• 2Like
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What's interesting about this is he was quite vocal about how he had been battling demons his whole life. I actually have quite a bit of respect for how he pulled himself out of substance abuse and managed to have a good and productive life.

And I'm sorry, but yes, he had kids, but he didn't kill himself because he's a selfish asshole. He had issues. Deep-seated, long term issues he clearly had not dealt with thoroughly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not saying that he was a selfish asshole who killed himself due to being such. His doing so when he had an 11 year old daughter places him permanently into selfish assholedom even though I absolutely loved his shows and the way he tried to get people to be less afraid of the world.
I get that depression is depressing and there are situations in which I fully approve of suicide but this type forever labels you an asshole to me.

• 1Like

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
fuck this just blows I enjoy his show. also he did just leave an 11year old alone way to be asshole.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Of all the forum post i'v seen, reddit, tgp etc etc, all mention how heroic he was getting out of heroin, but the dude drank like a fucking fish. Anyways Rip in pepperoni, enjoyed his work.

EU24xehtbXSmZHchE1ZApYOicgIrCSbZrIGzjWXv3_8.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Blown

Chris

Potato del Grande
His food network show sucked. Seemed like he was a famous writer and it didn't translate well to TV?

FonderJarl

Trakanon Raider
Who gives a fuck. Seriously. He was a nobody. Didn’t do shit for the world. Just another pussy checking out. His poor child having to live with that is sad. Fuck ‘em.

• 3Picard
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 7 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

Doubt he was still on Chantix, he supposedly quit smoking a while ago. Hell the last half of a Chantix cycle is mostly a sugar pill IIRC.

That shit gives you insanely vivid dreams that you remember to every detail.

He also claimed he only drank on the show. He said his house was dry and he always refused the endless string of fans trying to send him drinks when he was out in public.