RIP Araysar

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
No I had my rates locked in for most of that.

This is an exaggeration and a misrepresentation of what actually happened.

The UK has an "energy price cap" implemented in 2019 and set by the regulator. It limits the maximum amount gas/electric suppliers can charge customers. Before Russia/Ukraine the energy market functioned as expected and customers could swap suppliers in pursuit of better deals.

After invasion of Ukraine the spike in wholesale prices meant that every supplier was forced to increase their prices to the maximum allowed by the cap. This meant all suppliers were charging the same and there was no point in switching.

The cap is reviewed every 3 months. So even if you were locked on fixed rates pre Ukraine price spike then your prices would go back to the top of the cap once that fixed expired. Some/most suppliers would then give you the option to fix again either at that current cap or slightly higher. This new fix would then prevent you from consecutive increases every 3 months as the cap kept getting raised.

Also, last year the govt gave people a contribution towards their bills, but that support scheme has now ended.

So whilst it is possible to fix gas/electric prices saying "I had my rates locked in for most of that (big spike in prices" is disingenous because it implies that you weren't affected, when you've probably had at least 2 increases in your rates since then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This is an exaggeration and a misrepresentation of what actually happened.

The UK has an "energy price cap" implemented in 2019 and set by the regulator. It limits the maximum amount gas/electric suppliers can charge customers. Before Russia/Ukraine the energy market functioned as expected and customers could swap suppliers in pursuit of better deals.

After invasion of Ukraine the spike in wholesale prices meant that every supplier was forced to increase their prices to the maximum allowed by the cap. This meant all suppliers were charging the same and there was no point in switching.

The cap is reviewed every 3 months. So even if you were locked on fixed rates pre Ukraine price spike then your prices would go back to the top of the cap once that fixed expired. Some/most suppliers would then give you the option to fix again either at that current cap or slightly higher. This new fix would then prevent you from consecutive increases every 3 months as the cap kept getting raised.

Also, last year the govt gave people a contribution towards their bills, but that support scheme has now ended.

So whilst it is possible to fix gas/electric prices saying "I had my rates locked in for most of that (big spike in prices" is disingenous because it implies that you weren't affected, when you've probably had at least 2 increases in your rates since then.

Wow, so Chris Chris was lying to us???

That's very unfortunate.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow, so Chris Chris was lying to us???

That's very unfortunate.
I had fixed rate with gas/electric for 2 years and mortgage for 5 years starting just before covid, so I missed most of the energy spike and all of the mortgage spike so far.

Anyway I'm in a hot tub so it's not like I can't afford energy:
17033678162208575039615154667738.jpg

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I had fixed rate with gas/electric for 2 years and mortgage for 5 years starting just before covid, so I missed most of the energy spike and all of the mortgage spike so far.

Anyway I'm in a hot tub so it's not like I can't afford energy:
View attachment 505513
I assume those are white lights and you are bathing in algae?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Frenzied Wombat Frenzied Wombat what are your thoughts on Syrian President Basha al-Assad?

Without bothering to dig through the thread for context, or why you're pinging me for an opinion, he's about as good as you get in terms of leadership for a goatfucker country, which isn't saying much but weakness doesn't inspire respect from Arabs, and strong secular tyrants are just replaced with even worse religious tyrants. And no I don't believe he decided to chlorine gas a bunch of plebes when Russia already had his back.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Without bothering to dig through the thread for context, or why you're pinging me for an opinion, he's about as good as you get in terms of leadership for a goatfucker country, which isn't saying much but weakness doesn't inspire respect from Arabs, and strong secular tyrants are just replaced with even worse religious tyrants. And no I don't believe he decided to chlorine gas a bunch of plebes when Russia already had his back.

Glad you find him trustworthy.

He said today that the Holohoax is fake. We're you the one who lied to us about knowing multiple people with numbers tattooed on them?

• 1Worf
  • 1Imbecile

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Glad you find him trustworthy.

He said today that the Holohoax is fake. We're you the one who lied to us about knowing multiple people with numbers tattooed on them?

Where did I say he was trustworthy? Obviously the rickshaw hasn't improved your reading comprehension.

• 2Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Where did I say he was trustworthy? Obviously the rickshaw hasn't improved your reading comprehension.

"And no I don't believe he decided to chlorine gas a bunch of plebes when Russia already had his back."

Just name the Jewish tricks you're going to use instead of trying to play them on me. THey bore me.

Here I'll get you started: deflection, semantics, dodging the question.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
"And no I don't believe he decided to chlorine gas a bunch of plebes when Russia already had his back."

Just name the Jewish tricks you're going to use instead of trying to play them on me. THey bore me.

Here I'll get you started: deflection, semantics, dodging the question.

In what linguistic universe can one contort that into implying trust, or that I even based my belief on what he said? Maybe I don't believe he gassed civs because it was unnecessary, illogical, and couldn't benefit him in any conceivable way? You know, the same reason I disbelieved the NATO narrative that he did.

not even tryhard tier for you dude.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
In what linguistic universe can one contort that into implying trust, or that I even based my belief on what he said? Maybe I don't believe he gassed civs because it was unnecessary, illogical, and couldn't benefit him in any conceivable way? You know, the same reason I disbelieved the NATO narrative that he did.

not even tryhard tier for you dude.

You named a single claim by him and said you trusted him on it. But sure, whatever.

You trust Israel though, right?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've corrected you multiple times on this. Stop repeating nonsense.
Don't remember this.

So the Romans didn't have several days of feasting and gift giving at the winter equinox?

The video you PMed me was about the current superficial qualities of santa and trees etc which is German stuff the Victorians took on.

Then of course it's all merged with the fanfic census travel nonsense to justify why Jesus of Nazareth fufilled a prophecy that the messiah would be born in Bethlehem, when he was from the wrong town lmao.