RIP Brad McQuaid

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't much like the whole Pantheon thing but.

giphy (7).gif

Rivervale for life.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Sad news. Brad seemed lethargic and his speech sounded off, slurred a bit, over the past months/years. Maybe he had some ongoing health issues no one knew about. Maybe it was drugs, I don’t know.

Whatever the case, he helped make one of my all time greatest gaming experiences and shaped the entire MMO genre, even if he was a goon at times. RIP.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Assuming he ODed.
giphy.gif
Here's to hoping it rocks wherever he's at.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow. Really not the person I expected to see a Rip thread for. 😢

Thanks for Norrath.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Helped form and maintain a game that got me kicked out of my house, drunk in Vegas and virtual friends for just about a decade of time before losing connections with people.

Hard hitting death, his game fueled my desire to play MMOs that ultimately joined my wife and I in something we loved before being married and having 2 kids.

Don't know about his drug or shady past, just know that without his creation I wouldn't have the life or memories I have today.

Thoughts are with his family and friends. I know on the other side of the glass (the monitor..) he impacted generations of people with his creation and I couldn't thank him enough.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Otto

Damn, this sucks. EQ helped get me through a dark part of my life.

RIP

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Well fuck. I got mad at the guy many times, but I never truly hated him. I mean, you know, he was part of the reason that we all have this game we've bitched about for two decades now.

I complained about EQ ... But I have many years of some of the best memories because of EQ. Same thing with Vanguard.

I bitched and moaned about Pantheon, but I'll be there first to admit if it ever came out, I'd play it like the addicted MMORPG gamer I am.

Fuck. This just really fucking sucks.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
RIP.

Everquest has been a staple in my life since 1999. Still remember running home after i bought my first copy, jumping some fence, falling, ripping my pants and having to explain to my mom how said accident happened.

My first moments in Norrath were like nothing before and nothing since. Gimme more of dat drug, holmes! Made a dark elf, couldn't see shit still. Stumbled through Neriak for about 30 mins before a pair of dark elves in Gossamer robes led me out. I remember they were Gossamer robes because they were so bright against the darkness. I remember that shit like it was yesterday.

gg Brad

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Without question, EQ still gives me the best memories of any game I played. Thanks for creating such a great world for those memories.

RIP Aradune.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
RIP Sweet Prince

pictured: Brad McQuaid (1997) testing early alpha EQ

recall-hi-res.jpeg

Your game outlived you bro. Pretty good accomplishment.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like