RIP Click of the Car Talk Brothers on NPR

spronk

FPS noob
Tom Magliozzi, Popular Co-Host Of NPR's 'Car Talk,' Dies At 77 : NPR

tom1_wide-1deca903798e3cdc75d899f4c8ed25690a4072ba-s40-c85.jpg

Tom Magliozzi, one of public radio's most popular personalities, died on Monday of complications from Alzheimer's disease. He was 77 years old.

Tom and his brother, Ray, became famous as "Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers" on the weekly NPR show Car Talk. They bantered, told jokes, laughed and sometimes even gave pretty good advice to listeners who called in with their car troubles.

RIP Tom, he and his brother always made me laugh and they were always so charming and interesting

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
shit, is that the dude who still daily drives the same car since the 1960s and holds the guiness book of world records for it?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy crap, my dad was a huge fan of theirs - and my dad died the day before and apparently the same age of 77. So weird. (And Parkinson's is what took my dad, so not even that far off in the cause of death...)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
This is really depressing because I love Car Talk and his laughter really is infectious.
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
im sorry about your dad Vaclav
Tangential - but I appreciate it - they're up in Chadds Ford, so guess I'll be passing somewhat near you on the drive to the funeral. Although doubt my route will go through NJ proper.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Damn, that sucks bro. My dad is pretty sick also. I'm going to be devastated when he dies.
frown.png

Also, damn dude, you can drag your family into any conversation!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pisser. Was an ok show - wife always had them on. Only thing I disliked about them was their laughs seemed so forced - and they laughed at EVERYTHING - it kinda got old. Seemed like a decent guy though.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Loved their show. Had no idea this was coming down the pipes.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My condolences Vaclav.

I really liked this show. This is a shame.
frown.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They'll be having a tribute show on Saturday.

Tomorrow, on stations all around the country, Ray will be taking an hour to remember his brother Tom, who passed away Monday from complications of Alzheimer's Disease.

The show will feature some of Tom's funniest moments from nearly thirty years of Car Talk. We've pulled together moments that are "classic Tom"- his wacko theories, his insights on callers' lives, and his unique take on life. And, of course, no shortage of his great laughter.

We hope you can join us.
https://www.facebook.com/cartalk