RIP David Bowie

Groove

Trakanon Raider
Crying my eyes out right now. A true musical visionary and icon. Sooo many fucking great songs, unbelievably so. RIP Mr. Jones.
frown.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn that sucks. He was one of those people that always looked 20 years younger than they actually are. I thought for sure he'd be kicking around until his 90s.

He lived a fuller life than most of us ever will but I'll still say he is gone too soon. He seemed more alive, productive, and vigorous in his 60s than a lot of artists in their 20s.

Fuck

moontayle

Golden Squire
A true artist, he never allowed himself to become complacent and continuously changed his identity and music to the times while still being himself.

RIP Goblin King.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
One of the greatest of all time. Honestly. This dude was a giant mass of walking musical talent. His sounds have brightened and enhanced my life throughout the years. (rrrrreeeeaaallll fuckin high on drugs....)

I think being introduced to him early in life by my weird cousin has actually helped inoculate me against homophobia to a small degree. Growing up in a rather conservative area and crowd, I remember thinking when I was young that if 'hating fags' meant 'hating David Bowie', then those hateful people could all go fuck themselves. Nobody in my circle was into his music at all. I was a alone in my fandom (pre-internet) but I have never had a problem with that.

AngryGerbil was a silly screen name I came up with as a teenager but my 'real' gaming name has been Vision for quite some time. I got it from this song:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The World today is a lesser place today than it was the day before. RIP Ziggy.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
God dammit, add me to the list of celeb deaths normally dont get to me but this one sucks. No one knew he eas dying besides family correct?

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a nut punch. Feeling old with all these acts I grew up watching pass away. Class act, and a true front man. Irreplaceable in every sense of the word.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Damn this news sucks. There's a decent obit /tribute to him on the Guardian:

...what was remarkable was how thoroughly Bowie could impose himself on different genres, how he could take other people?s ideas and twist them until they seemed entirely his own. 1975?s Young Americans was recorded at Sigma Sound, home of the luscious string-laden soul released on Philadelphia International, but it didn?t sound like a Philly soul record. Recorded with Brian Eno, 1977?s Low and Heroes were clearly in thrall to the music of German experimentalists Kraftwerk and Neu!, but they didn?t sound much like Kraftwerk or Neu!. They sounded like David Bowie, even though they sounded nothing like David Bowie had recorded before.

...On release, Blackstar sounded remarkably like the kind of confident, decisive break with his past Bowie kept turning out at the height of his powers: the thrillingly exploratory jazz-influenced sound had as little to do with the music on The Next Day as the soul of Young Americans had with the glam albums that preceded it. It sounded like a new beginning, but it was the exact opposite: it was a farewell, a puzzle, filled with clues no one picked up on, that would suddenly be solved by his death. David Bowie went out the way he spent most of his career: unknowable, one step ahead of everyone else.
http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...d-appreciation

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, the endgame is when "greats" like Beiber/Miley Cryus pass away and are mourned by the masses. Immortality is definitely not worth it.