RIP David Bowie

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Last pic, taken on feb 8th

rrr_img_122606.jpg

My man went out with style and class. RIP.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fuckin' thing sucks!

Bowie was an icon of the music industry; not because of any one, singular thing, but because of so many things that he did so well. I would argue few, if any, artists could ever reinvent/change their identity and music as often as Bowie did and remain in the spotlight like he has over the decades. The world lost a brilliant mind and an amazing voice.

Some of my best moments and memories in life were had to/around David Bowie music. When musicians you grew up listening to start dying ofnaturalcauses, you know you're getting old..

Anybody who can even hold a candle to Freddie Mercury vocally has a talent level well over 9000...

Jive Turkey

Karen
It's lame when people get upset by the death of a celebrity, but this one is fucking gutting. Haven't been able to stop thinking about it since the news started breaking late Sunday night (This thread was the first place I read about it. My initial reaction was "that can't be right" and I spent the next half hour trying to find confirmation.. there was hardly anything apart from the twitter post at that point) Anyway, it's far from a consolation, but the covers that have started coming out since have been fun to listen to. El Vy covered Let's Dance the other night. Starts off a little flat, but they seem to ease into it after a bit