RIP Leonard Nimoy

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
rrr_img_91422.jpg

Goddammitsomuch.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
i actually teared up when i read this, shit im getting all misty eyed right now. fuck. i loved spock. watching classic Star Trek and In Search Of... with my dad was one of the best parts of my childhood. sad sad day.
frown.png
yeah, exactly this. I would get to see my dad on the weekends growing up, and watching Star Trek: TOS Sunday mornings on CBC at 10:00 am was a ritual for us.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah, exactly this. I would get to see my dad on the weekends growing up, and watching Star Trek: TOS Sunday mornings on CBC at 10:00 am was a ritual for us.
Watched it with my dad too. During the intro he always had me try and pick out the place in the stars where the Enterprise would come flying out before it happened.

Spock always kind of reminded me of my dad. He was a rock of stability, strength, and wisdom among the crew. You always got the feeling that as long as Spock was there, everything would turn out right. Damn.
frown.png

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Where is Project Genesis when you need it, we could bring him back!

R.I.P.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No. As a matter of fact, I think there should be threads on this in theBooks, Games (MMO and Other) Music and Movies sections as well.
I read two of this books, "I am not Spock" and "I am Spock". I thought they were pretty good, probably been 20 years since I read them though. Interesting look into the world of Hollywood as well as the mind of an actor.

Also, RIP Nimoy.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Also apparently a veteran.

Dept of Veteran Affairs FB feed_sl said:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Today?s #VeteranOfTheDay is Leonard Nimoy. Leonard was born in 1931 in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1953, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. He was assigned to Fort Ord, California, Fort Benning, Georgia, and spent much of his time at Ft. McPherson in Georgia. Leonard was discharged in 1955 as a technician 3rd grade, which was equivalent to the WWII-era rank of staff sergeant.

During his Army career, Leonard worked with the Army?s Special Services branch, where he wrote, narrated and emceed shows. He also played a soldier in a film produced by the U.S. Navy on Combat Psychiatry during the Korean War. You can watch that video here:Combat Psychiatry Korean War Era With Leonard Nimoy of Star Trek And Fess Parker of Davy Crockett - YouTube

After leaving the Army, Leonard went on became a successful actor, best known for his role as Spock in Star Trek. Leonard Nimoy passed away today at the age of 83.

We honor his service. Live long and prosper.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess him and William Shatner weren't that close. He announed he had a prior comittment in FL and wouldn't attend the funeral.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Miss the days when a famous actor died and I hardly knew who they were and it didn't bother me much. Great actor with a great voice.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I guess him and William Shatner weren't that close. He announed he had a prior comittment in FL and wouldn't attend the funeral.
Maybe he gets a pass, since technically he has already attended his funeral once.