RIP Ultimate Warrior

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He wrestled Mean Mark Callous (Taker's NWA/WCW gimmick) at least once so sorta?

I like Sting. I'd like to see him get a real run in the WWE and get some decent paychecks for a change.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
He wrestled Mean Mark Callous (Taker's NWA/WCW gimmick) at least once so sorta?

I like Sting. I'd like to see him get a real run in the WWE and get some decent paychecks for a change.
Sting (Wrestler) Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

I don't think Sting is hurting for money, and I think he's pretty clear, he's doing the video game, specials on the WWE Network, but he's not going to be out doing road shows or on TV on a regular schedule. I remember him wrestling 30 years ago when I was a kid. There's not much left in the tank.

It's a shame, because we missed this match when they were both in their prime. Undertaker looked like shit this year at WM.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's 55 years old. That's 6 years older than The Undertaker and even The Undertaker is really starting to look old these days. I mean it definitely seem like Sting's body has held up better than someone like Hogan or Flair, but he's still pretty fucking old. Undertaker and Sting both seem like they're one bad bump away from forced retirement like Bret Hart.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's 55 years old. That's 6 years older than The Undertaker and even The Undertaker is really starting to look old these days. I mean it definitely seem like Sting's body has held up better than someone like Hogan or Flair, but he's still pretty fucking old. Undertaker and Sting both seem like they're one bad bump away from forced retirement like Bret Hart.
And he's been taking bumps for 30 years. I bet it's fun for him to get out of bed.

We're getting old, I remember these guys wrestling when I was a kid. It's depressing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's good to see that Sting is financially sound. I had worries that being a well paid wrestler in TNA was akin to being a well paid fry cook at McDs.

It wasn't even just the one bad bump that wrecked Hart. There is zero doubt that Goldberg mangled him (and badly) but he may have recovered from that awful concussion if he wasn't then irresponsibly booked in a hardcore rules match with Terry Funk. Well shit, looks like someone is showing symptoms of Post Concussion Disorder. Head injuries were not regarded the same then as they were now but it's still shitty. WCW did a terrible job of utilizing him from the day he showed up all the way up until their miserable use of him shut the door on his in-ring career.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Word was that back when The Rock was promo'ing and making people look like fools, Sting pointed specifically to the one where The Rock asked Booker T (then WCW champ), "Just who the hell are you?" as reason why he wouldn't go to the WWE, because even though Rock wasn't trying to torpedo Booker T's career, his promos were so good that he couldn't help it. Lost a bit of respect for Sting after that, although admittedly I never paid much attention to WCW anyway.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Rock blew up a bunch of people during promos. It was just something that happened. It may have sucked for Jeff Jarrett and Al Snow and everyone else that got destroyed but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've been following The Attitude Era Podcast for a while now and it's pretty decent. They just did the infamous Heroes of Wrestling pay per view where Jake the Snake wanks off a python while high as fuck.

The Attitude Era Podcast's Spotlight page on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds

And then there is OSW Review, the Old School Wrestling Video Podcast. I love these racist Irishmen to death.

OSW Review HD - YouTube

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Word was that back when The Rock was promo'ing and making people look like fools, Sting pointed specifically to the one where The Rock asked Booker T (then WCW champ), "Just who the hell are you?" as reason why he wouldn't go to the WWE, because even though Rock wasn't trying to torpedo Booker T's career, his promos were so good that he couldn't help it. Lost a bit of respect for Sting after that, although admittedly I never paid much attention to WCW anyway.
I was watching old clips of the Rock, and yeah, he tore them up bad. I forgot how good wrestling used to be.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He really didn't torpedo Booker T's career either. Pretty sure Booker T had the best and most highly visible career of any of the WCW alumni who were picked up when the WCW folded.

Not counting Ric Flair of course.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sting basically said back in the day that he'd never do road shows again because he's made his family life the priority. He stopped drinking and using drugs like he used to... Its amazing what a drug free lifestyle can do