Rise of the Tomb Raider

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Heh, you're kinda right. Maybe it'd be clearer if I wasnt looking at tiny images on my phone, but as for what I'm seeing now, only the second set shows dramatic dfferences.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Honestly with all the blur and filters they use in games I have a hard time deciding which of those are even 360 or One. But I'm also viewing in mobile.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems notably better to me, but shrug. Think it's more an indication of how good the original looked on last gen though - there's not too much room to make the original look substantially better IMO.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They released a couple gameplay videos a couple months ago (Gamescom). This one is actiony:

This one is stealthy:

spronk

FPS noob
been playing for 2 days, really enjoying the game so far at 10% in. Its pretty much more of the 2013 reboot, set in new areas and more lore/collectibles. Game pacing is great, lots of frenetic moments and then quiet tomb raiding puzzle/platforming that I really enjoy. Visually looks stunning, I expect the PC version to be jaw dropping. Lots and lots more tombs in this one, glad they went in that direction. Lots of little in game lore stuff like relics, collectibles, notes, etc that are all fully voiced and make a nice immersive experience.

The microtransaction stuff seems pretty irrelevant, you can buy booster packs with money and they let you get extra boosts to use against NPCs but I don't think you really need any of them. You do earn in game credits you can also use to buy the same cards, but at such a tiny rate I doubt i'll be able to ever buy more than 1 or 2 packs. There is a lot of crafting and perks in game just like the reboot, not sure if its more or less but seems pretty expansive.

All in all if you were a fan of the 2013 reboot/DE you will love this game, if you hated it well then no point in playing this its more of the same. Can't really give any reason why you have to buy this NOW and play it on xbox one, may as well just wait for ps4/pc version unless you only have an xbox. Surprisingly I am enjoying this more than Uncharted Collection, which I did not expect. I think its just a graphics and crafting/perks depth thing, Tomb Raider just feels more like a modern game which obviously UC1-3 can't do.

y8SXbF.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It looks kinda good but I haven't played the reboot, should probably start there. How long is the xbox exclusivity on this anyway?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Very happy to hear that spronk. More of the same is exactly what I was hoping for. Hopefully we'll get a hard date on the PC release soon.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
watched this on twitch a bit yesterday, definitely looks like a lot of fun. Will be picking up on PC when I can.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I had the same issue when trying to go back to the Uncharted games, this just felt better.

I anxiously await it on PC.

spronk

FPS noob
Well this is just weird... as part of the xbox marketing, microsoft is having 8 people stand on a billboard for 24 hours and twitch viewers will vote on weather effects done to them - snow, rain, wind, etc. This twitch plays shit is getting way too close to the Running Man for my comfort levels, I am getting Richard Dawson triggered

Twitch

2015-11-1215_01_11-xbgsufg.png

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Vast improvement over 2013. Shits all over uncharted. tbh shits all over Fallout. GOTY so far imo.

Actual QTEs: 1
Hold up to win: very minimal, there are like 4 big 'action' scene setpieces of that type and all but the first one are pretty player driven, by the end they encompass all of your traversal skills which are quite extensive and feel very good to use.

If you just played the first one like uncharted and beat it, this game will feel very different.
If you 100%'d the first game this is more of what made you enjoy doing that, except that there's actually a reason to do shit that isn't just the straight forward linear path. The first game had a ton of optional exploration that felt really good, just most people didn't bother and it didn't matter. This game makes it feel meaningful.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I think I got about 1/4 of the way through the first one before I started trying to collect/find everything. I may need to go back and do 100% of it before this comes out on PC. I should have time if it's not coming for another 9 months.