Rise of the Tomb Raider

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm 30% in and no QTEs so far, i hate that shit. loving the game, i stopped playing fallout 4 and just playing this so I can finish it off, explored 4 tombs so far and each are really fun and cool with lore tied in. The zones are also just massive with a lot to do in any order you want, they made it a lot more open world-ish than the previous game. Some areas are behind locked equipment which you only get as you advance the story.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair, there is one 'press Y to kick wall in' part near the beginning I forgot about, not sure I'd call it a QTE since there's no fail state or anything. The first like 30 minutes can be a slow burn/tutorial stuff, especially if you've watched the footage, but once you get into Siberia it's just open as fuck.

Twitch75% through the game ish, action scene, can see the difference from 'press up and sometimes hit A' to this, where every action you see is me choosing to do what I need to to get away from the shit trying to kill me. The ones near the very end are LONG and utilize every move you have, they're great.

Also LOLOL at someone negging me for saying the game is good, real? GTFO of here with that playstation fanboy dogshit.

Edit: Fuck it, if you don't care about spoilers (not much plot here but still, location spoilers at the very least), this is the final 'action' sequence in the game, in the first game it would've been holding up and sometimes jumping, instead this is every traversal mechanic in the game being utilized.
Twitch

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is it actually input lag or are you hammered?
Ha!
smile.png

Input lag. Nothing else lags, it isn't a configuration issue. Only effects this particular title. Talking about half a second before my character moves when I tell her to with my controller. Game mode set on the display, other games on my Xbox One and PS4 still work smoothly.

There are a lot of reports out there on this. It's pretty frustrating because from what I have played so far, it's pretty damn good.

spronk

FPS noob
weird, i don't have any input lag and I'm almost done with the game. maybe try playing it wired, thats how I play all the time

TheYanger

This is what I would be talking about.

Effecting the Xbox One version of the game.

[Xbox one] Input lag is bad. Really bad.
It's not though. It's there, I don't think anyone would deny it, but the notion that it's some unplayable mess is ridiculous. I'll post the same thing I did on gaf when people tried to derail the thread cause salt over it not being on PS4:

The Digitalfoundry video is slowed down a ton.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's not though. It's there, I don't think anyone would deny it, but the notion that it's some unplayable mess is ridiculous. I'll post the same thing I did on gaf when people tried to derail the thread cause salt over it not being on PS4:
Mine is a lot worse than that. And is very noticeable when playing the game. Jumping over obstacles, some combat, etc. It should be addressed. Or if there is another way to speed it up or fix it, and you know of it, it would be great if you could link it. Game mode on my LED is always on, and I do not have any input lag between any other games across all my consoles. But this one is horrible.

TheYanger

Try wiring your controller, only thing someone else guessed when they watched mine. I have my xbox right by my monitor so I never bother with the batteries.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The sales on this seem to be atrocious. Amazon already dropped it down to 50euros here(from 70), and that's like less than a week after release, which isn't a good sign. This exclusivity thing sounds like a really dumb idea in the end. Hope it doesn't compromise the release on other platforms, I'll definitely buy this on PC once it releases as people have been saying it's really good other than the platform limitations stuff.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
My personal game of the year. Played through 100% and loved it. I hope they keep making more because Crystal Dynamics has a great formula here. I used a XIM4 mouse/keyboard and had no issues with input lag.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The sales on this seem to be atrocious. Amazon already dropped it down to 50euros here(from 70), and that's like less than a week after release, which isn't a good sign. This exclusivity thing sounds like a really dumb idea in the end. Hope it doesn't compromise the release on other platforms, I'll definitely buy this on PC once it releases as people have been saying it's really good other than the platform limitations stuff.
Releasing a week after fallout 4 wasnt the best idea either. Looking forward to the PC release

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Going out at the same time as Fallout was stupid. Now that everyone knows it is hitting other platforms there is no reason to rush out and buy this or an Xbox.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's to hoping that there is a clause in their contract that if sales tank they can release it early on other platforms.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Not a fan of the Xbone but if the sales are as abysmal as suggested, that really sucks. By all accounts I've seen CD made one hell of a game, and it probably wasn't cheap. Not sure what was expected, though, what with its timed exclusivity on a flagging console, a week or two after Call of Duty and the day of Fallout 4.

spronk

FPS noob
finished the game (on normal), great story and ending and good sequel setup post credits scene. Fantastic game, loved all the lore and story and the way they wove it into the game. I think sales are probably going to be terrible but hopefully the PS4 and PC versions redeem it down the road, and Square doesn't do dumb shit like that in the future. Definitely worth a rental or whatever, took me about 25 hours to 100% the game but I didn't plat/1k GS it, since that requires survivor mode and doing some of the expedition (timed level replay) stuff.

The expedition stuff is actually pretty cool, basically tweak settings on the game with cards and try to beat challenges you select like time, or no deaths, or use only certain weapons, etc. I'm not big into replaying games but its certainly an interesting sub game, especially with stuff like the big head card which is hilarious

game does look gorgeous all the way through

DwfUZCl.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
game does look gorgeous all the way through

DwfUZCl.png
That looks like ass to me!

(Still have my copy sitting here [digitally - since I got the TR bundle] unplayed thusfar - sounds so good but want to be 'done' with FO4 for a bit before I dive in)