Risk of Rain 2

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Okay, I'm having a blast playing this game, but it definitely wasn't made for consoles. The controls are pretty bad, even with the aim setting the whole way up. And if anyone playing this game for the love of fucking god can tell me how to use the orange items on my Switch I'll forever be in your debt. They are not assigned a slot, and I can't figure out for the life of me which button they are equipped to. Every so often by some miracle, I'll get to use the item, but most times, I can't figure out how to use them, and it's really pissing me off.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Switch? E etchazz I'm pretty sure you use orange items with X.

I thought so, but sometimes it doesn't assign the item to that button, and it really pisses me off. No idea if it's a bug or not, but sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I really should just rebuy this for my PC, but I don't feel like buying the same game twice. My fault for not reading up on how bad the port to consoles was before making my purchase.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't really like this game until i tried Loader
loaders a lot of fun with how much mobility she(?) has lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Every character is somewhat fun but yeah they'll appeal to different people, mercenary was a lot of fun once I got the hang of it(although it was nerfed). Hardest to get used to was Artificer, this bitch was horrible to play and is really reliant on good item RNG early(more so than pretty much any other, due to the horrible lack of mobility). Loader was definitely cool once you get good at keeping momentum and she does ridiculous base damage(scaling isn't so great but at least back then if you went for a win the scaling didn't become an issue too much, it was just a problem if you kept looping).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Once you get the artifact that allows you to pick what item drops it makes some of the more non-enjoyable characters more fun since you can get the absolute required items to make them fun.

Loader is my favorite with Rex in a close second.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Okay, I figured out my issue with the active equipment. Somehow, when I was messing around with the controls, I undid the X button designation, which is why I couldn't activate the damn items. On a separate topic, I'm having trouble finding the legendary loot in the game. So far, I've only gotten the Tesla Coil, and the Resonance Disc. Anyone know where to find more of the legendary loot? I also got a super drone once for $1,500 that had a mini gun and missiles. I'd love to find that drone again, as that was the best run I had.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Okay, I figured out my issue with the active equipment. Somehow, when I was messing around with the controls, I undid the X button designation, which is why I couldn't activate the damn items. On a separate topic, I'm having trouble finding the legendary loot in the game. So far, I've only gotten the Tesla Coil, and the Resonance Disc. Anyone know where to find more of the legendary loot? I also got a super drone once for $1,500 that had a mini gun and missiles. I'd love to find that drone again, as that was the best run I had.
You get a guaranteed legendary in the 4th level, in the lava one it's in a chest in a secret area in the middle in some sort of hole need ~3k for it, in the sky ruins one you have to break enough eggs to summon the optional boss and he'll drop it(he's quite hard on monsoon though and wastes a lot of time). Other than that they just drop more often as you play longer but they're not super common, it was fairly standard back when I played to only get 1 or 2 top for a cycle. As for the super drone it's somewhat common in Rallypoint, but other than checking it out once I didn't bother with it as like with most drones it scaled pretty poorly later on, and if you get a worm in a not too open area it'll kinda melt. It's nice enough on lower difficulties though.

Once you get the artifact that allows you to pick what item drops it makes some of the more non-enjoyable characters more fun since you can get the absolute required items to make them fun.

Loader is my favorite with Rex in a close second.
Yeah but the artifact makes the game kinda cheesy so I didn't use it too much other than for some annoying unlocks, when you pick what you want it's too easy to become super powerful regardless of what you're doing since you can stack the good items only and then the items play the game for you(self procing stuff and shit).

Hekotat

You get a guaranteed legendary in the 4th level, in the lava one it's in a chest in a secret area in the middle in some sort of hole need ~3k for it, in the sky ruins one you have to break enough eggs to summon the optional boss and he'll drop it(he's quite hard on monsoon though and wastes a lot of time). Other than that they just drop more often as you play longer but they're not super common, it was fairly standard back when I played to only get 1 or 2 top for a cycle. As for the super drone it's somewhat common in Rallypoint, but other than checking it out once I didn't bother with it as like with most drones it scaled pretty poorly later on, and if you get a worm in a not too open area it'll kinda melt. It's nice enough on lower difficulties though.

Yeah but the artifact makes the game kinda cheesy so I didn't use it too much other than for some annoying unlocks, when you pick what you want it's too easy to become super powerful regardless of what you're doing since you can stack the good items only and then the items play the game for you(self procing stuff and shit).

Are you playing on monsoon? You still get shit stomped in about 40 mins.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you playing on monsoon? You still get shit stomped in about 40 mins.
I haven't played 1.0, I played a bunch in the patch before that and was playing on monsoon yeah, unlocked everything. If you made the good builds you could go for a stupid amount of time even on monsoon, where basically the map cleared itself without you even seeing the mobs dying(sacrificial daggers loop with lots of rockets/ukulele/scythes and deathmark with bleed+reduce armor hammer+slow+whatever was the 4th one and such). Eventually you crash/die though but that's way past the end of the game and you're just doing it for the challenge at that point.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think I need to play this game multiplayer. I've only gotten to the HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! difficulty once, and made it through to the second round (repeat the first board again). I had a bunch of great loot that run that made it pretty easy, but since then, I keep getting stomped out around level 4. Either that, or the game is just too difficult on my Switch. I could see this game being a lot smoother with a keyboard and mouse.

Hekotat

I think I need to play this game multiplayer. I've only gotten to the HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! difficulty once, and made it through to the second round (repeat the first board again). I had a bunch of great loot that run that made it pretty easy, but since then, I keep getting stomped out around level 4. Either that, or the game is just too difficult on my Switch. I could see this game being a lot smoother with a keyboard and mouse.

The controls with a controller just aren't fast enough for this game, I tried it and didn't make it very far at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So they totally removed the quick match queue instead of just making it not suck. The multiplayer server browser is kinda shitty and only seems to show me games in progress (which you can only observe, not play)...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I switched the difficulty in this game from the default to easy (or easier, at least). I can get a lot further in the game now, and have unlocked more legendary loot. Game is still hard as shit, and seems like it is just more geared towards multiplayer. I just can't seem to do the damage output necessary to beat the game, even on the easier difficulty. I can't imagine what the "monsoon" difficulty is like.

Hekotat

Started dabbling in mods and editing the xml file to unlock all the chars/skills/loadouts. Game is a million times better.

Mod changes

• Resurrection shrines
  • Drop into multiplayer with any char with random items matching the number others have (Same idea I had)
  • Pause
  • Extra characters (Including Enforcer, Darth Vader, Goku, etc.)
  • Up to 16 players multiplayer

Highly recommend everyone checks this stuff out. Really good times.

Website for XML edit to unlock everything Risk of Rain 2 | Save Editor (Make sure to save a backup of your XML just in case)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user